Hot Topic Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Hot Topic Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jan 2018

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Still waiting for the HR to call me for an interview after leaving multiple follow up calls hinting that I'm interested. It's been nearly 3 weeks since I personally submitted my application.

Hot Topic Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Saint Petersburg, FL (US)).

Interview

On Sunday, I turned in the Application form in person, and luckily the manager was there that day, he said to come on Friday at 3;30. I was honestly nervous as hell, but the more i talked to the manager i started to be comfortable. For people wondering what to wear, just wear any band t-shirt that you like or something similar to Hot Topic brand! i wore my Of Mice & Men tank top with black pants and some boots.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths/weakness   3 Answers
    • What are your fave bands you listen to   2 Answers
    • What job experience have you had before   1 Answer
    • What is your fave thing in the store that they license   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic in November 2017.

Interview

they did a group interview they were really nice and energetic. They sat us down and gave us 2 mins to talk about ourselves. They get back to you really fast over all great experience

Interview Questions

• what made you wanna apply to hottopic?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Glendale, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Glendale, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to turn in my application in-person and immediately had a mini interview with the assistant manager. Later the same day the store manager called me and said that he would like to set up an interview with me and 5 days later was my interview and it went smoothly. Unfortunately I did not get the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Hot Topic?
      Why should I hire you?
      Name your top 5 bands.
      What's your favorite food?
      What is the difference between customer service and selling?
      What stores do you shop at?   2 Answers

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Irvine, CA (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Went in for an interview, turns out I was told the wrong day. Along with who knows how many other people. The girl taking our names was extremely rude and yelled at us like it was our fault her fellow manager told us all the wrong day. She had people coming in all day asking about interviews but I’m a little surprised that by maybe the 5th person she didn’t call that manager and let him know so someone could call people and make sure they didn’t think it was yesterday. And she really didn’t need to be rude about it, it wasn’t our fault. I have social anxiety and she just made me feel horrible about myself by yelling at me to speak louder and tell me that manager wasn’t even working that day. So, I won’t be going back even if they do want to reschedule. Horrible way to treat people.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hot Topic (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a group interview and they asked mostly questions about pop culture. The interviewers were kind and nice and said we would be in contact soon . All in all it was a very positive experience and I hope I get the job

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hot Topic.

Interview

She asked basic questions not many, she mainly did all the talking about loss prevention because our mall had a lot of theft so she was mainly talking about that. The interview process is very easy honestly nothing to be worried about.

Part Time Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Newark, DE (US)).

Interview

I was initially hired as a keyholder so I only had to interview with my district manager since my store manager recommended me. She was very laid back and asked me about past managerial experiences and how I would react to employees not working.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a difficult employee?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with talking to employees about work behavior?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of Industry, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hot Topic (City of Industry, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I initially had a phone interview, then a couple of weeks later had a face to face with the Project manager and Art Director. I came in with a recommendation from a current employee so I felt confident walking through those doors. I initially sent out the necessary post interview emails and waited. About a month went by and I found out they didn't want to hire a Senior position but two junior positions, something to do with the speed of the dept.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hot Topic (Roseville, CA (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

I was referred by an employee I knew, applied in person, and got an interview a few days later. The interview went pretty smoothly, the typical questions were asked like why I wanted to work there, what days and times I was available, if I had previous retail experience, etc. The employee who referred me was confident that I would get the job, however I ended up not getting an offer because I "wasn't loud enough"... ?

Interview Questions

• Are you more comfortable out front interacting with customers or with task-oriented work in the back?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.