Hoyts Cinemas Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Hoyts Cinemas Interview Questions

Interviews at Hoyts Cinemas

2.3

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT (US)

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Simsbury, CT (US)) in August 2007.

Interview

sat with the manager and was asked a few questions. The questions were a breeze.

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Simsbury, CT (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Simsbury, CT (US)) in July 2008.

Interview

Interview with the General Manager or Manager. Consists of a an interview about 30 minutes where you asked about availability and what you are willing to do. Clean, work holidays, weekdays, etc. Presentation is key, you will be in front of people all day so you must appear professional.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work holidays because we are open 365 days?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No, you start at minimum wage.

Custodial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Baltimore, MD (US)) in April 2014.

Interview

I applied online on their website. I received a call about an interview the same day. The interview went well. It was simple and the questions were easy to answer. I was offered a job on site, and I accepted. They gave me time before I started so that I could finish my sports.

Interview Questions

• What does integrity mean to you?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parkville

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Parkville) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called up for the interview at parkville mercy nursing home with police report and resume and my previous work experience refferences. Interview was held for half and an hour and they ask about my previous work experience, about customer service and about team work. They were very happy with my answer and they ask me to work in one of their site.

Cinema Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas.

Interview

First there was a group interview of about 5 people, there were probably 4 or 5 of these sessions conducted. In the group we had to make up scenarios then role-play them in pairs, taking turns being the patron or the cinema attendant. They were looking for knowledge of issues you may encounter while working there - for instance, patrons complaining of dirty seats, or prices of food, or lost tickets, the list goes on. Obviously how you dealt with them was important, but it was obvious who had prepared for the interview by the scenarios they had presented, and as long as how you dealt with them was reasonable - as they provide you with the necessary training - you were fine. In the group interview we also had to build a Lego crocodile as a team, to assess how we worked with others, who was being "carried" so to speak and who was a leader. It's best to show initiative and cooperation in these tasks. Then you are called for a one-on-one interview, which is more about your previous job experience, or how you would deal with certain situations based on prior experience in school, volunteering, sports teams etc. The interviewers also give you a list of tasks that would typically have to be done in a shift, eg serving patrons, cleaning or stocking, and ask you to rank them in the order you would do them (or from most to least important). The panel consisted of three people in the group and individual interviews.

Interview Questions

• Order of tasks I would do and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

Straightforward contract, no negotiation was possible.

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Melbourne) in March 2016.

Interview

Started with a group interview with about 6 of us, had to role play different transactions and then recreate a LEGO model as a group. Then some of us were selected for individual interview.

Cinema Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Auckland, Auckland (New Zealand)) in April 2017.

Interview

We did a group interview, where we were asked various questions such as what was our favorite movie and played charades to see how well we could get along with our team

Interview Questions

• If a baby was crying in the middle of the cinema what would you do?   1 Answer

Casher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Penrith

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Penrith) in August 2010.

Interview

in a group and not very good as u go to head office and then get picked by management of each sit and get sent to it

j ni jnsvjfn vld fls sdliu fsk brkg lsfakfj,k sf jgkfs gvlskf

Interview Questions

• were do u see your self at hoyts in 5 yrs   1 Answer

Manager Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Sydney) in March 2017.

Interview

A few rounds of face to face meeting. Overall a good experience but felt they weren't too interested in the interview process. Was really interested in the position, but found it hard to connect with the people conducting the interview. Lots of questions regarding experience.

Interview Questions

• Asked about past working experiences.   1 Answer

Floor Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hoyts Cinemas (Sydney) in January 2013.

Interview

I responded to a job ad online and applied online. I was emailed to attend an interview on a set date. It was a group interview in which we played games, asked questions and learnt about the company. I was then called for a trial, and then I was given a letter of employment.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.