Hyatt Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

Updated 3 Sep 2015

2.8

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt in September 2015.

Interview

I was called one evening to set up a time for a interview, I gave them the day and time. When I arrived, I was about 30min early and the person who was interviewing me had no problem seeing me sooner. The interview went very well, we made small talk that was welcoming and professional. After I interviewed with one, they gave me some forms to fill out and then I interviewed with a manager same day. After everything went well with both interviews the first person who interviewed me gave me a mini tour as she escorted me out to complete the interview.

Interview Questions

• Give a time where you had a positive customer service experience   Answer Question
  • describe a time when you had a goal to accomplish, what did you do to get it done and what where if any some obstacles you faced.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, I just accepted the position at the pay rate given. They do ask if that is okay, so maybe there is room for it, but I don't think it proper to do so unless it's worded, more like, what kind of compensation/salary are you looking for?

Other Interview Reviews for Hyatt

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Hyatt (Miami, FL (US)) in February 2011.

Interview

So I applied online for the front desk postion on friday,HR called me on monday and asked if I would like to apply for the greeter/ deli attendant I said I would put it said oncall and I am looking for a full time postiion she told me one was opening up so I said sure she shecdule me for the next day wgich was tuesday I interviewed with her , then the F&B manager and assistant . It went well, Just be yourself talk alot about your customer experience.. I know It went well because he was smilling as I was talking then came the F&B director, that one went ok because he rushed me because he is a busy man but I charmed him as well..He told me he would let me know since I am the first one he interviewed for that postion.. Friday I got a call to give them my ss for background check to see if I am a law bindiing citizen.. wheew she called back in 3 hours to schedule an interview with me with the Hotel G.M , That was monday, monday came and I interviewed with the big boss, he was super frank, He kinda scared me..He asked me who I interviewed with and how did it go and before anyone gets hired he has to meet them, He spoke 90% of the ten min interview, he said he isnt afraid of firing and taking people out u can imagine how I felt not offered the job but be told about that.. All i could say was I understand..He said if I had any questions I said No, he shook my hands and said we will be in touch.. I was like OMG..those 3 days was driving crazy I couldnt sleep because I much rather been told I didnt get than to wait.. On thursday I got a call from the HR I got the Job!! woot woot woot!! Thank you good!! Just be witty, sassy, fun, great listener and naturally happy.. Be yourself! and you will get it.. Orientation is monday!! so excited I can sleep!!

Interview Questions

• What had you heard about the Hyatt   1 Answer

Negotiation

None at all..

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bridgewater, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Hyatt (Bridgewater, NJ (US)) in June 2009.

Interview

Interviewed with the director of guest services first, questions were fairly easy and customer service oriented. After this was done, interviewed with the owner, and was subsequently offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation where you have gone above and beyond for a customer in one of your previous jobs?   Answer Question

Front Desk Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hyatt in May 2008.

Interview

I applied for the Front DesK Agent position online, and was contacted by HR about a week later by phone. I was asked a few preliminary phone interview questions i.e. why hyatt? what was a challenging situation with a guest, how did you solve it? what is exceptional service to you? in your last job, what was your biggest challenge? Then I was passed along to the next step of the interview process, which was a face-to-face, 1-1 interview with the front office manager. This part was relatively easy, the manager basically just went over everything about the property that I already researched online, and talked about management style. Then, in the same day, I was asked to meet with the room executive, who pretty much asked me the same questions as the HR person. After, I was escorted by the front office manager to the executive GM's office, which was very prestigious and full of smiling people. The interview with the GM was natural and relaxed, my resume was reviewed and I was asked if I had any questions for them. I asked how they both got involved with hyatt and why, and what they liked most about the property. Both of them answered the people/employees were the best aspect. These four interviews were all in one day, took about 4 hours total. Then I was asked to come back the following day for a drug test. I was then offered the position and accepted.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation, the position offered starting range of 9.50/hr even though I was coming from another Hyatt property making 10/hr.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.