IBM Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at IBM

9,765 Interview Reviews

2.8

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

extremely ableist process. Not sure why they needed multiple online assessments before even contacting you. overall, felt very detached so I guess that shows what kind of tech company they really are

Product Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Pymetrics was awful because I didn't even get feedback on how I did which was unfortunate and a waste of my time. I wish I did not apply to be honest. I never even heard back from them.

Data Scientist Intern Interview

Interview

One of the coding assessment seemed out of the left field. Wasn't passing runtime unless you used some advance algorithm . I correctly answered the question but had some invisible test cases that I just could not pass.

Interview Questions

• Coding Question: Figuring out a condition for elements in an array   Answer Question

Cognitive Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Had a 3 hour coding assessment on Hackerrank based one gather and manipulating data through a web API. Had no idea how to do this. Was expecting something more analytical focused.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM (Durham, NC (US)).

Interview

I got my first interview after one month of applying (did coding assessment in between).

I had three interviews in total.

The first round was one hour long with two of my managers. They didn't specifically ask me about coding questions but they asked me about my resume and some of the projects I did. They also asked me about behavioral/survey type questions.

I got the second round after 9 days, it was also one hour long with six people. Again, they asked about my resume and the projects I did, and some survey type questions.

The third was one day after the second and it was 20 minutes with another manager. This was a more relaxed interview and we talked about some of the work the team is doing. He also asked me about survey/leadership type questions. Then he told me I got the offer.

The offer letter came after 8 days of the last interview.

Overall, they were very friendly. Just research about the company and their tech stack (especially things that are specific to the position), and be very comfortable to talk about your resume.

Interview Questions

• - What is a good thing about you?
      - What is your weakest point?
      - what projects have you worked on that failed?
      - Have you presented something that was too technical for your audience, what did you do?
      - What is your favorite language, why?
      - Have anyone in your team slacked, what did you do?   Answer Question

Backend Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IBM.

Interview

Hirevue interview with 3 different questions, the first being pretty easy and the difficulty ramping up as you go. The hardest question was probably the equivalent to a leetcode medium.

Sales Intern Interview

Interview

There were many steps to the interview process and it was long and drawn out. Overall not a bad experience but does take time. Not the worst interview process compared to similar companies and similar positions. I’m just trying to get access to Glassdoor Glassdoor Glassdoor

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself along with a bunch of others...   1 Answer

UX Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IBM in October 2020.

Interview

Terrible interview process. I applied to a UX designer position, a recruiter named Deja reached out to schedule a phone call. This phone call only lasted maybe 10 min when we scheduled 30 min. Asked me general questions and didn't seem interested in my background at all. Next, I received an email from her saying the team wanted to also consider me for another position. A design researcher position. I went ahead and interviewed for the researcher position first with someone who was NOT going to be on my team and had no knowledge of the position itself. Very unorganized. I received a rejection from the Design researcher position and was told that the position I INITIALLY applied for and DIDNT have the opportunity to interview for, was filled (chosen internally).

Marketing Intern Interview

Interview

Very great process, 2 virtual interviews. They were very conversational and willing to answer questions about the role. My recruiter was super helpful along the way. The questions were mainly behavioral, some hypothetical about marketing.

Interview Questions

Interview

First I took an assessment which included a game like quiz then a coding test. For the coding test the first question had you use sql and the second allowed for you to use any coding language of your choice. Then I had 3 45 min to a hour webex interviews and a case study.

Interview Questions

• Q: Explain a time when you struggled giving a presentation and how did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.