IRESS Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

IRESS Interview Questions

Updated 21 May 2019

2.9

Graduate Software Development Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRESS.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. Online coding challenge
    3. Video interview - given unlimited time and trials to record an answer to one question
    4. Online logical reasoning assessment - 30 minutes
    5. Assessment center - 3 rounds (1 group, 1 with HR / behavioural, 1 with technical / puzzles + 2 technical questions chosen from 2 of databases, web dev, networks, security, multithreading + general technical questions)

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked with someone you didn’t like? And how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IRESS in March 2018.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. I applied online . Recruitment team contacts you and asked to solve the coding test. I didnt receive call back from them.
    1. Telephonic interview
    2. Codility Coding challenge

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at IRESS (Melbourne) in April 2017.

Interview

First taking a one-way video interview, you can record the video as many times as you want.
    Then if you passed they will ask your transcript.
    Assessment Center, the first round is group interview, the second round is one to one behavior interview, the third round is technical interview

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions for IT student.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at IRESS (Sydney) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an invitation to take a test at Codility website. The test contained 3 coding tasks and I could choose any language. Unfortunately, I failed the third task so they rejected my application.

Interview Questions

• Fix a bug in the given code. Only up to 4 lines can be modified and there was also code performance requirements.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at IRESS (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, got later contacted by their recruiter, first to have a talk and then to arrange a meeting with the interviewer, started with some questions about my experience and CV, then 4 or 5 pages of theory questions that will have to be solved in 20 minutes. I applied for a Java role and not a single question in the exam about Java

Then got to a second interview where I completed a programming task, then had to take a codility test online. Seemed like a useless tool for recruiting people, even the interviewer said he got 20% and even with that he has a job in there and interview people

The interview was unorganized, didn't received any feedback about any of the tasks and was only a waste of time. I didn't even get a proper rejection until I asked about my application

Interview Questions

Interview

The questions ask were pretty straight forward and they would prefer hiring someone with a good character and personality. The hiring manager was very nice and knowledgeable. Onboarding process was pretty quick.

Client Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRESS (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Responded to a a Job Ad in the Toronto Star via Phone. Spoke with the Manager of the group who was friendly and nice. However didnt get an actual interview until 4 months later. At the interview i was given an offer which i was not able to negotiate, however i did accept.

Interview Questions

• Where can you see yourself within the next 5-10 years?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not able to negotiate.

Senior Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Melbourne

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at IRESS (Melbourne) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online
    First is HR phone screening. Ask motivation, what I did and what they did.
    2nd round is online coding test up to 3 hours. Questions are not hard but need to code a lot.
    3rd round is face to face interview with 2 leads up to 1 hour. Some technical questions but not very deep PLUS some behaviour questions.
    Got calls from HR saying everything is positive and let me wait 1 week. However, no further feedback and email after that.

Interview Questions

• What is your role. What did you contribute in current job. How you handle mistakes from colleagues.   Answer Question

Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at IRESS in August 2018.

Interview

Very long time between application and first contact ( at least 4 months). Once the recruitment process started the internal recruiter was fantastic.
    Two interviews with two interviewers each.
    From the two interviews 3/4 of the individuals interviewing were peers to the role.
    One in person and one video conferenced in for each interview
    Both interviews scheduled for outside of normal office hours.
    Line manager to the role did not ask any interview questions at all
    Uncomfortable setting

Interview Questions

• Although told it would be formal there were no formal questions asked. More about background and "what do you think about x"   1 Answer

Graduate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at IRESS (Sydney) in March 2017.

Interview

The main process is as following:
    (1) Online Application
    (2) Video Interview
    (3) Assessment Center: Technical Test, Behaviour Test, Teamwork Test (Lego)
    (4) Final Round interview: Technical Interview, but some of my classmates don't have this

Interview Questions

• Technical test is very easy for the ones who had prepared for the graduate software developer interview.
      Behavioural question is focusing on the difficulty you have faced in your experiences.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.