Intuit Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

Intuit Interview Questions

Updated 15 Feb 2018

HR Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Intuit.

Interview

Phone screen with very engaging recruiter, in-person panel interview.
    Panel interview was the worst experience I have had in my 25+ year career. VP and Director were rude and disrespectful throughout interview. I withdrew from process as I would never want to work for this company or the condescending leaders that I met with. I hope that no other candidate has the same experience.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Three rounds, first one was to write a program and then interviewers asked questions on that. This was relatively easy.
    Second was more of intuit values where the interviewer asked scenarios which lead to using their values. As long as you are an ethical employee, this should be easy.
    Third was on a different day. This was difficult for me, mostly focussed on getting the absolute best possible solutions to the questions asked. At the end, the interviewer clearly mentioned that I needed more practice, which I was glad to hear.
    All the interviewers were very professional and the process is a joy in itself.

Internal Audit - New Graduate Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit in February 2018.

Interview

First interview was with a recruiter to get a general background of who I am. Second interview with the hiring manager of the Internal Audit team. They asked more in-depth questions along with the standard ones. Third interview would have been a case study. I wish there was more clarity on the JD since the main feedback I received was I needed more technical experience with software like Python, Java, SQL. Wish there was more transparency around that. University recruiter is nice and is helping me find other opportunities.

Interview Questions

• What motivates you to go the extra mile?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you handled a hands-on manager versus a micro manager.   Answer Question

Senior DevOps Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Interviewer insisted on a video call during the middle of the workday so I used a conference room for my video call. The connection was poor and he was using a $5 headset with a microphone on the connecting wire. It was almost impossible to understand what he was saying with the poor connection.
    He answered the call with "I presume you read the job description so I don't need to review what I will expect."
    That bizarre opening statement was followed by a 30 minute technical quiz which jumped from topic to topic with no real thread of consistency.
    During the interview he continued to work and interrupted several times with "Hang on for a second, I need to check this."
    After 10 minutes I realized I would never work for this man but stayed on the line for the whole interview out of courtesy. After 30 minutes of technical quiz, he ended the interview with "The 30 minutes is up. Thank You."
    There were no questions about my background or previous experience and no time to ask questions of hear about the job.
    Definitely the most bizarre and disrespectful interview I have ever had in my working life.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions about Linux internals and detailed programming scenarios.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit (Rochester, NY (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied online and received an email with a coding challenge to complete. Passed the coding challenge and received an email to schedule the final-round interview. Interview consisted of demoing a project I've worked on, behavioral questions, a design question, and an algorithmic question. Interviewer was very easy to talk to and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say.

Software Engineer Co-Op Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Intuit (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

First was a table coding round. You have to solve 1 problem in 20 minutes.
    Then there is a 75 minutes interview where you need to talk about your projects, resume, a design question, and an algorithmic question.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Interview

I had an interview with an engineer. He was nice, but not particularly friendly. He just threw me a task, watched me code and solve the problem. The problem was not too difficult.
    He seemed to be really looking for the steps.

Principal Technical Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (San Diego, CA (US)).

Interview

Contacted by a senior recruiter via LinkedIn. Went through a recruiter phone call, followed by a technical phone interview with a Principal Tech PM in the hiring team. This was followed by an on-site which uses the Intiut 'Assess for Awesomeness' interview format. Candidates are provided with a case study, you have time to prepare and present how you will manage the case study during the on-site.

Interview Questions

• Typical Program Mgmt type questions - lot of focus on the 'artifacts' or output that a tech PM will provide or generate.   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Intuit (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter and then seperate phone interview with hiring manager. Onsite interview including case study presentation for four hours with hiring manager, two same level managers, and same level as hiring manager.

Cloud Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Intuit in January 2018.

Interview

Applied through KForce for a contractual position.Interview was done by Developmental manager and an Engineer. They were looking for very strong Java,RDBMS and AWS Skills as the project I was moving to was more on Data Analytics and Data migration.

Interview Questions

• 1) Asked to write my own rest services with Spring boot and was asked to write a JUnit for that.   1 Answer
    • 2) Write "group by" operation in Java.
      Assume there is a CSV file called "emp_dept.txt"
      The file has two columns "employee_id" and "dept_id" separated by comma
      Write equivalent of following query
          select dept_id, count(*)
          from table1
          where dept_id != 3
          group by dept_id
          having count(*) > 50
          order by count(*) desc
      First was asked to explain about the query and then implement it in Java without any ORM/JPA   Answer Question
    • 2) Consider the program below

private String operator;
                              public String getOperator() {return operator;}
                              public String setOperator(String operator) {this.operator = operator;}

}

public static void generateProgram(ProgramGenerator.Expression expression) {
                              System.out.println("public class ConstructedProgram {");
                              System.out.println("public static void main(String[] args) {");
                              System.out.print("System.out.println(");
                              System.out.print(expression.getLhs());
                              System.out.print(expression.getLhs()==7?"-":expression.getOperator());
                              System.out.print(expression.getLhs()==7?expression.getRhs()*2 :expression.getRhs());
                              System.out.println(");");
                              System.out.println("}\n}");

...
      }

What is the output of the following code snippet:
                  ProgramGenerator.Expression expression = new ProgramGenerator.Expression();
                  expression.setLhs(7);
                  expression.setRhs(5);
                  expression.setOperator("+");
                  ProgramGenerator.generateProgram(expression)

b )Modify the class ProgramGenerator so that if LHS is 7, then the expression is changed in such a manner that the operator is inverted (i.e., + becomes - and -

becomes +) and the RHS is multiplied by two. So, in the above example; the output of ConstructedProgram will be -3.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.