J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

J D Wetherspoon Interview Questions

Interviews at J D Wetherspoon

2.1

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Cardiff, Wales (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

the interview was quick, easy and the questions weren't that difficult to answer. They didn't seem to want in depth answers or so. They emailed me to say I had gotten the job a day after the interview.

Interview Questions

• why do you think you'd be a good match for this job?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Leeds, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and was working within a week. Really casual and relaxed. One problem i had was having the interview in the middle of the pub but just felt like a normal chat.

Interview Questions

• Tull us any experience you have   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with someone complaining their food is cold?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wigan, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Wigan, England (UK)) in February 2014.

Interview

Casual, friendly interview. Some situational questions; "what would you do if" kind of thing. Dressed in black shirt and black pants for my interview. Manager called and let me know I was successful within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you have provided excellent customer service   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester City Centre, England (UK)) in July 2014.

Interview

The interview process was simple and very informal. I attended a brief interview and took part in a training workshop in which we had to answer questions about certain kinds of company policies and had to achieve a certain score.

Kitchen Porter Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

Applied for the position online and the next day got a phone call to arrange an interview. Was interviewed by 2 people in a quiet part of the pub. Over all The manager was very kind.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer
    • How would you deal with and overcome any challenges you are confronted with while working here?   Answer Question

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon.

Interview

It was a simple online application and about a week later they asked me to come in for an interview at the pub. Where they sat with me and asked a couple questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in January 2019.

Interview

Bad. Interviewer turned up late by 5 minutes, but I wasn’t too fussed. Then asked me questions which felt a bit unrelated to the job. Also, I said “the job has good employee ratings”. She said “where did you see these ratings” I replied “on sites such as glassdoor.com”. She replied “I tend not to look at them sites because it’s full of people complaining”. And now, here I am, writing a review because they sent me an email saying “review your interview experience on glassdoor.com”. Also got disturbed half way through the interview by staff telling my interviewer she received “a phone call from her husband”. It was a bit unprofessional, but the interviewer was nice.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is important when working as a team?   1 Answer
    • What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer
    • When have you gone out your way for other people?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Birmingham, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online and was given an interview the following week in the pub. Application process was very simple.
    Interview went over basics like past experience etc. I received an offer a couple of days later and had to come back for an induction.
    The Induction lasted quite long - got a tour of the pub and had to then do online training before starting work.

Kitchen Staff Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon (Manchester, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

It was very quick and easy. They need people to work for them so they are not really too fussy as long as you have some sort of kitchen experience.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wetherspoons?   1 Answer

Kitchen Staff Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J D Wetherspoon in July 2018.

Interview

Process took about 1 week from completing the online application to getting an interview. Sat down with the Kitchen manager and Bar manager in the restaurant. Nice and relaxed. Answered interview questions and had a general discussion.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.