J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at J.P. Morgan

7,135 Interview Reviews

2.9

Commercial Real Estate Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Applied and received invite for Hirevue interview within 3 weeks. The interview asked 4 questions and gave me about a minute to answer each. They were all behavioral questions, typical interview questions

Interview Questions

• If you could create an app for people who don't know anything about real estate, what would it be?   2 Answers

Interview

1st round: Hirevue
    2nd round: Technical Phone
    3rd round: Technical Superday

Everyone is very nice, so the interviews tended to follow suit.
    Have an asset/market that you find interesting, and talk a lot about whatever you choose in your interviews. Be as specific and insightful as possible.

Interview Questions

• Explain how capitalization rates work?   1 Answer

Commercial Teller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

There is a two panel interview. It includes the branch manager, and the assistant manager. They ask a series of prescript-ed questions about past history, previous work scenarios, and similarities in past jobs with the current role being sought. After the questions and a review of the resume, the potential employee is taken on a tour of the branch.

Interview Questions

• Most questions were straight forward and not difficult.   4 Answers

Negotiation

Figures were thrown out, and an offer was made, and I accepted.

Computer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

2 interviews with 2 different people, a lot of questions about previous work, and projects previously done. Nice interviewers though and very helpful when stammering or nervous. didn't get an offer though maybe next time. Just prepare for the interview and all will be better and youll probaby get an offer

thanks

Computer Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Orange, CA (US)).

Interview

Really easy interview. More like an orientation / background of the company. It seemed like they already decided to hire me even before I stepped into the building.

Interview Questions

• None that I can remember. Not a lot of questions were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It wasn't difficult. They didn't low ball me and I wasn't greedy. We pretty much agreed on a salary immediately.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan in March 2013.

Interview

Got the news from this company from campus job fair. I sumbitted the resume and then have a 20 minutes talk with the inteviewer, he asked me some questions about my degree (I have a ECE degree, not CS) and my academic record, and finally, some questions about basic math and programming. Received the call from their HR department about two weeks later, then have a three round onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Chase band as your career's starting point? Do you know what we are doing? As a upon graduate student, this kind of questions really baffles me.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiatable

Corporate Responsibility Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Seattle, WA (US)) in September 2016.

Interview

I applied this job on the company website and they replied after 2 weeks. We scheduled a phone interview, but it was weird that the interviewer was an intern either. We talk about job responsibility and my qualities. But most of the time was I asking questions - guess that's why I didn't make it to the next step.

Interview Questions

• what's your past experience that can be applied to this job?   1 Answer

Corporate Strategy Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

The Corporate Strategy group is mostly comprised of ex-consultants and a handful of former bankers. Given the primarily consulting composition of the group the interviews tend to be predominantly case based questions (as well as probing at your motivations for applying). The cases I encountered were mostly based on past projects the team had worked on and could mostly be answered by using common sense and business acumen (i.e. they were not overly convoluted / trick type questions). Some cases involved arithmetic but nothing you couldn't do without a calculator/excel. The interviewers obviously do not provide you all the information you need to complete the case upfront so the answering approach involved a bit of back and forth (i.e. organise your thoughts/approach, start laying it out to the interviewer and highlight areas where you feel you would need more information to proceed, and so on). There is no single 'correct' answer to the cases, more emphasis is placed on your approach to reach a logical and commercial viable solution.

The team is relatively small so you end up meeting and being interviewed by around 9 people including the head of the team. Given the team size hiring decisions tend to be driven by consensus agreement (i.e. one dud interview could completely blow your chances).

Interview Questions

• I recall a question on business expansion, in particular whether to expand the Private Banking business in Europe, Asia and/or Latin America   2 Answers

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, DE (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Newark, DE (US)) in September 2013.

Interview

Hiring process was extremely quick for this particular project. I only had 1 technical phone interview with 3 of their employees (VP, Mgr and BA) who were focused on programming techniques only.

Interview Questions

• This was one company where there were none of those nebulous questions asked. Only very specific questions concentrated on one area of technical expertise.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Working with a consulting firm, their was no negotiation. They had an upper limit and that's what was offered.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, DE (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Wilmington, DE (US)) in July 2018.

Interview

Got the call after the referral from an agency and I was assigned one onsite interview. And I received the message from my agency telling that they are going to pursue other candidates finally.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.