J.P. Morgan Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 19 Feb 2018
5,770 Interview Reviews

2.9

Operation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

I had two phone interviews before getting an offer. The first one was about four basic behavioral questions. The second interview was a little bit longer with about 8 questions. The process took about 3 weeks. Be prepare to answer question like why JP Morgan? Why operations? and basic behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• If you found a mistake in your presentation 10 minutes before presenting what do you do?
      Why JP Morgan?
      Why operations?
      How do you lead?
      Who's a leader you look up to and why?
      How do you handle having many tasks for a specific time period?
      What do you know about excel   2 Answers

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Submitted an online application. After about two weeks, I got a hirevue, which had three broad questions, such as why J.P. Morgan. After submitting my responses, I was not offered an in-person interview.

Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (Indianapolis, IN (US)).

Interview

Listed skill sets that fit the position; mental and cognitive ability to "follow a trail to its source " for a resolution, present several methods and styles of investigation and tracing descrepancies

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about this type of work, as it can be frustrating if a trail runs cold   1 Answer

Asset Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I applied online, got a message from the recruiter to come interview in the NY office, and went in. Overall not too stressful process but not sure exactly what they were looking for.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with the markets?   1 Answer

Machine Learning Summer Associate Interview

Interview

one round of phone interview. Spoke to 3 in the onsite round. One targeted math/probability/data structure and algorithms. One targeted at statistical modeling and data analysis. One targeted at background and resume questions

Interview Questions

• How to implement a depth first search for a binary tree   Answer Question

Digital Content Producer Interview

Application

Interview

Interview was easy. Asked questions pertaining to my background. Met one on one with a higher up. I was asked to send examples of my work after the interview but never heard anything after that.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

it was a 50 min telephone interview, half of it was about my resume (mostly about the trading experience and my master thesis) and the other half was on three math and algorithm and finance questions.

Interview Questions

• given a function that generates a random integer between 1:5 , how can we generate a random integer 1:7   Answer Question
    • how can you construct an arbitrage given these two call options(same maturity) :
      C1: strike 40, prize now 4
      C2: strike 30, prize now 3   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The best piece of advice that I can give you is ; DO NOT stop interviewing at other companies until you are physically sitting in a desk on Day 1. J.P.Morgan Chase will rescind your offer in a heartbeat, due to "business needs". In addition to the typical bank checks of fingerprinting, background checks prior accounts with Chase history check, etc. you may be subject to drug testing. No, drug testing is not a typo and yes this is for a position in San Francisco, CA. It does not matter that Marijuana was legalized by the state of California. Chase is a federal bank and is governed by and subject to Federal rules and regulations. Even if you have a medical marijuana card, it does not matter. Lastly, be proactive in the pre-employment process. Their representatives are mostly incompetent and sometimes forget to provide you with information. They will not return your emails or phone calls. Stay on top of them and call frequently to be sure that you have met all of their requirements. If you accept an offer, be vigilant and proactive until you are assigned a desk on day 1, you will not regret doing so. Good luck and may the force be with you!

Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at J.P. Morgan.

Interview

30 min phone interview followed by a super day with three 30 minute interviews with 2 members of the team. You will speak with analysts, associates, and senior directors. HR does a great job communicating with you

Interview Questions

• Why JP Morgan and why Wealth Management?   1 Answer

Summer Wealth Management Interview

Interview

This was a first round phone interview. I was asked a series of technical and behavioral questions. Technical questions revolved around knowledge of roles of wealth managers and the markets.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you went above and beyond   Answer Question
    • If you were given $100,000 to manage what would you do with it?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.