JD Williams Interview Questions

Updated 26 Feb 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 12 interviews

2.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at JD Williams

JD Williams

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at JD Williams

Interview

I am not sure why this section require 30 words. This was a standard interview, nothing special: phone call from recruiter and took it from there, time, directions, person etc What more is required?

Interview Questions
  • Was asked at one stage who is interviewing who
    1 Answer

JD Williams

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JD Williams

Interview

Applied through the N Brown website and received an email invitation for an interview 2 weeks later. Interview consisted of an Excel test, written test and around a 40-minute face-to-face interview. Excel test lasted 30 minutes and wasn't too difficult if you have some experience using it (basic formulas and pivot tables etc.). Written test was focused on the role specifically and how you would target international customers. A formal interview was with the prospective acquisition manager and team member. Felt more informal as both made me feel welcome and relaxed straight away. General questions around experience and then more company focused questions concerning the company values of GUSTO. Got an offer and began working for the company around 2 weeks later, but unfortunately received another offer from an application closer to home so had to leave. From my 2 days at N Brown, I was made to feel very welcome and it seemed like a fantastic place to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

JD Williams

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at JD Williams in May 2017

Interview

Was called for an interview and had to call in sick work as they weren’t being flexible at all. Interview ended up taking two hours. Had to complete an excel test with pivot charts along with a written test. They told me there and then they “didn’t need to see me” for a second interview. Already seemed like they had made their mind up and I was just a diversity quota to fill. Extremely rude.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

JD Williams

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JD Williams

Interview

Applied and was approached for a telephone interview which consists of a few customer service questions then invited to an assessment day a few days later which was a really good experience very friendly and welcoming mput you at ease straight awa, the day on sister of a couple of tests getting to know the group and then call listening and finally a interview

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a time you went out of your way for a customer and what are your strengths and why do you want to work here

Anonymous Employee in Airdrie, Scotland, Scotland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JD Williams (Airdrie, Scotland, Scotland) in Feb 2016

Interview

it was 2 stages ie a phone interview 1st that i passed then a meeting and exam were i passed and was offered the job and employed for job.

Interview Questions
  • it was questions about the company to see what we knew about the company and what the company done ,and also a exam to follow that i passed and was offered the job within a few hours by phone call then e-mail.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester City Centre, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester City Centre, England, England)

Interview

The interview was about 45 Minutes long. Interview questions for about 25 minutes, then role play about placing an order. Then a personality test. Interview process was straightforward and I was told after the interview that I was successful.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

JD Williams

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JD Williams in Jul 2014

Interview

Applied on website. Took about 2 weeks for someone to get back to me. First spoke to the recruitment team who went through my cv and talked about the role, she then put me through for an interview. I actually applied for a sales position but they recommend the select service which was better hours and more pay. The interview was 2 on 1. Basic questions, then a few competency based questions. This lasted around 40 minutes then I had to do a role play. I had to go in the next room, in there was a phone and a few pages from a catalogue. I had 5 minutes to read through the pages I'd been given and write any notes down. Then they called me from another room acting as a customer. It told you how to open the call then you had to pay close attention to the catalogue numbers they give you as some were out of stock. I took that as an initiative to offer a similar item, giving a full description e.g. v neck, knee length lace detail etc. She wasn't sure so again I initiated the conversation and asked what the occasion was. With that info I offered a few other items as alternatives. After they've selected a few items you then have to show off your sale techniques! You need to offer them 2items they have never seen before. I linked them into the occasion that the cust mentioned earlier. That was the end of the interview I found out about 3 days later that I got the position

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

JD Williams

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at JD Williams

Interview

Applied through agency, process took a few days. Only had 1 face to face interview with manager and architect - both really friendly. It was just really a discussion about my cv and how my experience was relevant to what they were looking for.

Interview Questions
  • Tech test was easy, simple coding/SQL stuff which should pose no problems to anyone with moderate knowledge.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester, England, England) in Apr 2013

Interview

Applied on their career page and the HR department contacted me to set up a phone interview. Contacted me again via email to set up a 2nd interview. Went to their corporate office and met the manager and senior designer. Typical interview questions and process, but they were easy to chat to and went smoothly.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England, England

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JD Williams (Manchester, England, England) in Apr 2012

Interview

good process and very good interview process based on skills assessment including verbal skills and interpersonal skills all was based on your interpersonal skills wich is very helpful in terms of the whole interview process

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews