JLL Associate Accountant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

JLL Associate Accountant Interview Questions

Interviews at JLL

2.8

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (New York, NY (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

Was emailed by a recruiter. We had a phone call talking about myself and my experiences. Then I did two rounds of interviews. All were behavioral questions everyone was really nice and welcoming. I did have of experience since I worked while in college so they knew I knew my stuff.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for JLL

Associate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at JLL in June 2018.

Interview

I was referred by an employee.

First it was the standard phone interview screening from HR. Simple questions about your background to get to know you. Then 2 days later I was contacted by a manager to schedule an in-house interview. I scheduled that and the email stated that the interview would take 2 hours.

I get to the office and the interview is with 2 people; the manager that I scheduled with and another manager. Standard behavioral questions. I did not enjoy the interview because it seemed like they did not want to be there. Interview did not last 2 hours.

After interview I sent the standard followups and never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Standard behavior questions to learn more about a time when you failed, working with difficult people, etc.   Answer Question

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at JLL (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Applied online and received an email the next week for a phone screen interview (I scheduled the phone screen a couple days after). Waited another week and received an email for an in-person interview at their Downtown LA office. Once arrival, I met with two of their accounting staff members. After they left, two senior accounting members interviewed me. Overall interview was around 2 hours (30-45 minutes per group). After waiting for two more weeks, I checked the online portal and saw I wasn't selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic accounting questions. Know your journal entries about accruals and know basic accounting equation -> Assets = Liabilities + Equity. They gave me accounts with specific numbers and had to plug each one into a group to find the answer.
      Ex. Machinery $10k Land $10k Payable $10k
      What is equity?   Answer Question
    • Asked about what type of excel function would be used in a certain scenario.   Answer Question

Associate Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westmont, IL (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Westmont, IL (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone call and then 2 interviews with 3 accounting managers (each interview about 2 hours). After being asked basic accounting questions, we just talked about what I was doing at the moment and what I would like to do in the future

Associate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

First there was a phone screen. Then I was invited for an in person interview. Met with three people: 2 seniors and a VP. Couple days later was invited for a second interview. Again, interview with three people: two seniors and a manager. Two days later I got a call for an offer

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because the offer was fair. Do your research on the going rate for the position

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Westmont, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JLL (Westmont, IL (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Interview was pretty standard. They asked both behavioral and informational questions. Be prepared to answer some basic accouting questions such as "are sales a credit or a debit?". Overall the interview is pretty straigh forward but it is a bit lengthy. I had a phone interview then had to come back another 2 times for face to face interviews with multiple managers.

Interview Questions

• If I purchased an asset on credit what would be the accounting transaction that takes place?   1 Answer

Associate Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at JLL.

Interview

First round of interviews was with 3 managers/senior level associates. ask the typical resume questions, behavioral questions as well as accounting questions. Was invited to a second round of interviews later that day by email. Second round of interviews was with upper management and was given an offer on the spot at the end of the interviews.

Interview Questions

• received about 3 to 5 specific accounting related questions from each interviewer such as the natural balances of certain accounts and knowing the difference between accrual vs. cash and applying it to problems   1 Answer

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at JLL (San Francisco, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

First round was phone interview screening, then a phone interview with the hiring manager at the office, then office interview with hiring manager and the head of the accounting department.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at JLL (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2013.

Interview

I received an email from the Controller to meet with a Accounting Manager. Followed by another round of interview with two more people. Interview lasted 30 minutes each. They want to know if you have the right personality to fit into the office along with your knowledge.

Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at JLL (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Process took about 3 weeks + phone interview and two in person interviews. The team was great interviewed by the HR personnel, Manger and Director all separately. Just asked me simple questions and were honest about the role and there expectations. I was nervous going in even though I was qualified for the position but they put me to ease pretty fast.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.