Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

Machine Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2013.

Interview

Practical test where 3 faults were placed on a test machine and candidate had to diagnose and repair. This was followed by interview if passed at a later date.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had a production problem and what did you do.   1 Answer

Toxicologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2015.

Interview

Nice enough, deviated from original interview plan once they had realised I was not the preferred candidate. Consisted of a technical part and HR part. Lunch was provided on the permises. Expenses were paid back as promised but quite slowly. They said I would hear back about whether I had succeeded quickly, but I didn't - it took almost a month, where as they gave me the impression it would be within the week.

Interview Questions

• To give a presentation on a lot of material thrown at me without warning, this was to assess my general ability to process information quickly and pick out key information.   1 Answer

Toxicologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva (Switzerland)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Geneva (Switzerland)) in June 2017.

Interview

Initial interview was Skype based and was separated into 2 smaller parts. First part was with 2 Directors who had 2 positions for Toxicology Risk Assessor. This was based on your working experience, CV and basic question about team/individual workings. Second part was with HR manager and was also about relevant experience, why did you apply, salary expectations etc.
    Afterwards I was called for a face to face interview to Geneva with the same 2 Directors from the Skype interview. This second interview was 1h long session where you were given written material for 3 case studies (compounds) on which you had to give your scientific opinion whether they contain enough toxicological information for regulatory filling. During the interview I found out that all candidates are given the same 3 case studies.
    When completing this round of the interview I was introduced to other team members and had lunch with them. Following lunch I had 3 more talks with senior management (Senior VPs) about my relevant experience, working with Regulatory Agencies, was I interested in joining the company, etc.

Interview Questions

• Would I grant approval as a Reviewer of the Regulatory Authority based on provided toxicological information for each compound?   1 Answer

AREA SALES MANAGER Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Warsaw (Poland)) in May 2018.

Interview

First I have got a call from HR, then they sent Personal pshycological tests by e-mail to filled within from 2 to 3 days, then I passed through Skype interview, after one month the interview with job holder was scheduled. Overall it was quite classical style and methodology

Assistant General Counsel Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johannesburg (South Africa)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Johannesburg (South Africa)) in February 2012.

Interview

The entire interview process happened by Video conference. I was interviewed by 4 people on 4 different occasions. I realised afterwards that I had been selected internally, and that no other candidates had been interviewed. In other words, my appointment was a done deal, and as a result I did not interrogate the requirements pertaining to the position as carefully as I should have.

Interview Questions

• My request to be brought up to speed before leaving for Switzerland was answered by a "just come". Make sure you use the time before the job starts to familiarize yourself as a much as possible.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but should have. Pay scales in the company are not as standardised as I had assumed.

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International.

Interview

Phone interview with HR. Relaxed settings, professional. Talked about the role and current situation and aspirations.
    Interview lasted for approx 45 mins, and if successful a face to face interview would happen.

Interview Questions

• What are your views of working in the industry associated with JTI?   1 Answer

Financial Controller Interview

Application

I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in April 2014.

Interview

I just went to the first round, which was with the manager and team leader. The questions were quite standard behavior questions and nothing special. ppl are nice, and the workload seems not heavy. but I'm just graduate without any experience in financial controlling, while they were looking for ppl with 2-3 years experience so I did not get the next round.

Financial Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Caloocan, Caloocan (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Caloocan, Caloocan (Philippines)) in November 2018.

Interview

its all about your self on how you to be motivate to the others and also i just accomplish an aim or purpose to success in life to help my family

Interview Questions

• how to to be a good person and good friendly to the other   1 Answer

Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sofia (Bulgaria)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Sofia (Bulgaria)) in January 2011.

Interview

The interview was led by external executive search agency. I have passed several steps during the process. Meeting with the agency. Tests provided from the agency. Assessment centre Final interview with direct and functional management. The whole process was well organized and structured.

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I have problems working for Tobacco Company   Answer Question

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ufa, Chelyabinskaya Oblast' (Russia)) in July 2010.

Interview

They were very interested in why I wanted to work for the company. They asked me about other jobs that I have applied to. The majority of questions were behavioural questions. They were very interested in how I would respond in different situations as well. Also I was asked about my leadership experience and wanted to know how well I worked with other people in stressful situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about any situation at your previous work that you think enabled you to act as a leader?   Answer Question