Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Japan Tobacco International Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

Quality Assurance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Ballymena, Northern Ireland (UK)) in October 2009.

Interview

Application form, IQ test (numbering/english composition), drugs/medical test, interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. Fixed salary.

Teritory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bucharest (Romania)

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Bucharest (Romania)) in June 2011.

Interview

Initial interview with the direct manager, second interview with HR representant and direct manager an finaly assesment with an extern recruiting company. The interview is about your psihological profile, they are testing your abilities and skills in the assesement. The assesment contains 5 tests, cpntaining each a prepairing period and a roll play. It is stressfull but it shows the reality about you and can give you a lot of guidelines for the future.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They were flexible for negociating the basic salary!

Trade Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baku (Azerbaijan)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Baku (Azerbaijan)) in December 2014.

Interview

The whole internal recruitment process looks like that:
    Telephone screening with HR team (regional/market HR head)
    Telephone interview with potential line manager
    Interview with country manager & line manager
    Interview with regional function heads (face to face interview not in the office, with quick background & skills check. Deep discussion on latest achievements and business strategy)

Interview Questions

• Describe your best project within the current role and it's impact on business   1 Answer

Trade Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chisinau (Moldova)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Chisinau (Moldova)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview process consisted of 2 steps: 1. English test + IQ test, and then 2. Interview with the HR and line manager. The questions in the 2nd round were relatively easy and mainly focusing on background and previous experience; there were also a few questions on cultural fit. Everything was quite basic and there were no trick questions.

Trade Marketing Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chisinau (Moldova)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Chisinau (Moldova)) in February 2015.

Interview

The first stage was a test of English knowledge + logic test; both were fairly easy and there was plenty of time to complete them.
    Upon passing the first stage they invited me for an interview with the HR manager and line manager. The questions were standard, e.g. describe your previous experience, how would you characterize yourself etc., overall it was quite generalistic.

Production Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in İzmir (Turkey)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (İzmir (Turkey)) in January 2014.

Interview

It was a group interview where there are many (6) technical interviewer. Each of them has a different type of interviewer mindset with their questions. For example, one of them was provocateur on purpose.

Interview Questions

• how do you see your working abroad possibility?   1 Answer

Brand Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Bishkek (Kyrgyzstan)) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview process was long. it had unnecessary amount of personal interviews. There was a test for IQ and Math skills which I think was unnecessary. There was an personality test also.
    1to1, 1to2 interviews.

Interview Questions

• Q: whats you biggest achievement?
      Q: how do describe your personality?
      Q: why JTI?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you are looking for good benefits and do not mind harsh people environment - go for JTI.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tirana (Albania)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Tirana (Albania)) in December 2009.

Interview

I was approached by a Recruitment Agency, who then sent my Resume to the employer, and then together we had a telephone interview, mainly general matters of the roles and responsibilities, and expectations from the company from my side.
    Second interview was held with a panel of 2 managers, where we had a more in depth conversation of the achievements and the my roles and responsibilities, as well as a description of what the company expects from me.
    The third interview was with the general manager for the region, and we once again went into many details of how I handled difficult situations, ways I showed proactive , am I a self starter, and different other scenarios.
    My disadvantage was that I had no prior experience in the tobacco industry, and I believe that was the main reason that I was not offered a position.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Weybridge, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Weybridge, England (UK)).

Interview

contacted by an agency regarding the position. I had an interview with HR & hiring manager in their Weybridge office in surrey just after lunch. I arrived before lunch and stayed in the parking just to have an overview of the people working there.
    The location is very "British", so from all people coming in and out, I could not see an ethic minority person. For me it is very important because, I am a foreigner myself.
    Anyway, went to the interview, simple one, lot of competency based questions.
    the HR lady seems bored, and she asked questions on my communication style at least 3 times lol. obviously being a multi language speaker, with a foreign accent I fell a bit annoyed to be fair.
    Hiring manager seems to want a person with many years of experience, which I found a bit funny for the role and the salary, as it was even lower than what I currently make, but the location was convenient to me as it was close to my house.
    Interview went well, and there was supposed to be a second stage if successful where I would have to pitch. To be fair, I did not wanted to proceed as I believe the company was according too much importance on that role, and this will not be suitable for me culture wise as well.
    so never heard back from them and moved on to another offer

Interview Questions

• feeling about working in the tobacco industry; greatest achievement, weaknesses, why this role etc...   Answer Question

Manager, Financial Planning & Analysis Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International (Santo Domingo (Dominican Republic)) in May 2017.

Interview

Was called by a headhunter to fill out a new position after company bought controlling interest in a local tobacco business.
    Got an interview, lasted around 20 minutes describing the role and expectations. Questions were not hard. I was then taken to work on some excel sheet exercises to prove my knowledge of financial statements and formulas. Took about an hour.

Got a call back with an offer and i took it.

Interview Questions

• They asked if i was comfortable going back to a Corporation after years of Consulting work.   Answer Question