Japan Tobacco International Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Japan Tobacco International Sales Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at Japan Tobacco International

1 Interview Review

4.0

Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Japan Tobacco International in January 2017.

Interview

I applied at JTI in the beginning of this year. Three weeks later, I received an opportunity to go through their interview process.
1. Phone interview- a recruiter reached out to me asking to schedule for a phone interview. This part was very basic and it lasted a little more than 30 mins. She was very nice, professional and sounded really interested in me. She made me feel comfortable throughout the whole process.
2. Predictive Index Behavioral Assessment- this is second part. It wasn't hard at all. The company just wanted to see what kind of candidate I am based on how I see myself compared to how others see me.
3. Face to Face interview-for the third round, the recruiter scheduled me a personal interview with one regional manager and two district managers. I got to the interview and my first reaction was that they all have different faces (one is strict, one is laid back, and one is very professional). The interview lasted about an hour. Their questions aren't hard at all. I highly believed that I nailed every questions that they asked me. And they seemed very interested in me. I came prepared for the interview by researching about the company and the job. I even pulled out answered that made their jaws dropped. After the interview, the regional manager even said, "wow, I really like you!"

The next day, I received an email from my recruiter saying that they decided to go with other candidates. I'm not quite sure what I did wrong. I had high expectations based on how well I did throughout the entire process. Overall, the entire process was very long (+6weeks). I was very disappointed at first, but life goes on. Do not get discourage. I just convinced myself that other candidates might have brought something better on the table. So hopefully this review helps you guys!

Interview Questions

• This is one of those interview where you really have to prepare yourself! Know your skills and experience and learn how to match them with the company's needs.

Phone interview: Basic questions then she went over the job and the company
    Tell me about yourself?
    Desired Salary?
    Name a trouble you experienced at your workplace and how did you solve it?

Face to Face interview: Make sure you know the STAR format!!!
    They asked me a lot of STAR questions. (name a time you change something, time you didn't know a policy exist, time you work with a team, time you went above and beyond for someone, and more)
    Additional questions:
    What do you know about the company so far?
    What do you about our competitors?
    What can you bring to the company?
    Why tobacco company?
    Why should we hire you?

Do not give them a one sentence answer!!! Know about the company and let them know that you do want to be there. Good luck   2 Answers
Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.