John Lewis & Partners Catering Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 25 Mar 2019

2.7

22 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Exeter, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, process took around 4 weeks, the interview itself was amazing, learned some great inside information, but just be yourself, and don't be the cocky one who's in charge, and think its all about being heard,m its not, if you ant to be noticed then talk about the partnership, they where very impressed with my knowledge, though the only draw back is my availability, I've passed the interview, and im currently waiting for my availability to match, for a job offer!

Interview Questions

• The Morning Breakfast in the Cafe Scenario   1 Answer

Negotiation

Im half way for an offer, still on hold, be patient with them!

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Stratford, London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Candidates divided into 2 group for team brainstorming and presentation. Then individual interview.

Before getting the interview, had to answer 40 situation questions on their website. Several candidates have no experience for the position they applied for. Strongly believe that the chosen one is selected before. Another waste of time as rushing answer at the group presentation then long wait for 1-on-1 interview.

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in November 2014.

Interview

First submitted an online application form and answered online questions, mostly personality quiz style.
    Then had a group interview (see interview questions for more details).
    Then had a three hour unpaid trial period to see how I worked in the cafe environment with questions afterwards about hours and travel to the cafe.

Interview Questions

• First had to find out something about the person next to us and tell everyone an interesting fact about them. We then had to work as a team to solve a jigsaw where only one member of the group had the picture and told the rest of the group how to do it. We also were given case studies about different situations that might happen in the cafe and talk about how we'd resolve them.   Answer Question

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oxford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Oxford, England (UK)) in September 2017.

Interview

We were put into tables of about five or six people. We started off with a group discussion telling a bit about ourselves. After that we had a group activity which they gave to us and we had to discuss amongst ourselves. Lastly we had a short one-on-one interview which we were given a scenario and also asked some questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chelmsford

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Chelmsford) in March 2018.

Interview

The whole process of getting an interview took two weeks and I applied online. I got a text the next day to invite me to a group assessment. It included group activities and then a one on one interview.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Stratford, London, England (UK)) in March 2018.

Interview

So I first had to apply online through the jlp website. This included uploading my CV and answering all of the basic personal questions .
    Then once you get through, you’re invited for an interview at the branch. They contacted me for this only 1 day after. I expected it to be a group interview as other posts had said. But I arrived and was told it was a 2:1 interview with the hiring manager and line manager. It cosisted of two parts. The first part in involved andwering any questions they had based on the job. They also gave me scenarios, then asked me following questions based on my amswers. This was tough as they wanted quick answers, but of course good ones. This part lasted about an hour.
    Then the second part involved completing a written test based on the suitability of products to certain customers. This lasted 25 minutes. You then have to discuss your answers with the interviwers when they came back. I didn’t finish the test but of course they put me on the spot asking me what I would have put for them. The questions are not hard at all. You just need to understand people’s dietary requirements and about the different types of food in general (e.g sweet or savoury). Then thats the end of the interview. Overall time took about an hour and a half. The interviewers were nice, but be prepared to answer lots of questions on the spot.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Iohn Lewis Partnership?   Answer Question
    • How do you react in certain situations that are difficult?   Answer Question
    • Are you prepared to work overtime?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of when you were confronted by an angry customer and explain how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sheffield, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Sheffield, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application followed by a basic situational questionnaire.
    A week later I was contacted to book a face to face interview and group exercise at John Lewis.
    This lasted about 30 - 40 minutes in total.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you have delivered excellent customer service   Answer Question

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

We were brought in for a gtoup assessment which involves working with a small group of others on situation assessment. Afterwards we filled out some paperwork on commitments and availability. Lastly we were taken for individual interviews. All in all it was a good interview process.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Manager interviewed me, he asked a whole bunch of questions whilst he filled in a booklet. It was a one on one interview. Process lasted about an half an hour to forty five minutes. It was very casual. There was about 15 questions to answer. Questions were more about myself than the actual company.Overall experience was average.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

it was ok for big companies in fairness they are organize and relaxed. Applied online then was called in to join a brief group activity then 1 to 1 interviews then was offered the job. The interview lasted for 1 day with some group dynamics which was observed.

Interview Questions

• What are your views about John Lewis?   1 Answer
    • Why you would like to work for us?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.