John Lewis & Partners Catering Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

John Lewis & Partners Catering Assistant Interview Questions

2.8

17 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Exeter, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Exeter, England (UK)) in October 2013.

Interview

Applied online, process took around 4 weeks, the interview itself was amazing, learned some great inside information, but just be yourself, and don't be the cocky one who's in charge, and think its all about being heard,m its not, if you ant to be noticed then talk about the partnership, they where very impressed with my knowledge, though the only draw back is my availability, I've passed the interview, and im currently waiting for my availability to match, for a job offer!

Interview Questions

• The Morning Breakfast in the Cafe Scenario   1 Answer

Negotiation

Im half way for an offer, still on hold, be patient with them!

Other Interview Reviews for John Lewis & Partners

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stratford, London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Stratford, London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Candidates divided into 2 group for team brainstorming and presentation. Then individual interview.

Before getting the interview, had to answer 40 situation questions on their website. Several candidates have no experience for the position they applied for. Strongly believe that the chosen one is selected before. Another waste of time as rushing answer at the group presentation then long wait for 1-on-1 interview.

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners in November 2014.

Interview

First submitted an online application form and answered online questions, mostly personality quiz style.
    Then had a group interview (see interview questions for more details).
    Then had a three hour unpaid trial period to see how I worked in the cafe environment with questions afterwards about hours and travel to the cafe.

Interview Questions

• First had to find out something about the person next to us and tell everyone an interesting fact about them. We then had to work as a team to solve a jigsaw where only one member of the group had the picture and told the rest of the group how to do it. We also were given case studies about different situations that might happen in the cafe and talk about how we'd resolve them.   Answer Question

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Kingston upon Thames, England (UK)) in September 2014.

Interview

Manager interviewed me, he asked a whole bunch of questions whilst he filled in a booklet. It was a one on one interview. Process lasted about an half an hour to forty five minutes. It was very casual. There was about 15 questions to answer. Questions were more about myself than the actual company.Overall experience was average.

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Manchester, England (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

it was ok for big companies in fairness they are organize and relaxed. Applied online then was called in to join a brief group activity then 1 to 1 interviews then was offered the job. The interview lasted for 1 day with some group dynamics which was observed.

Interview Questions

• What are your views about John Lewis?   1 Answer
    • Why you would like to work for us?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leeds, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Leeds, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed the online assessments. Then I received a email to book a slot at a group interview. Ok arrival there was about 15 people waiting to start the group assessment. We played a standard food game then went on to have a 1:1 interview. I then received an email a few days later that I did not receive the job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've adapted to changed on your life?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (Reading, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

1) Completed an Online situational test which I passed and then received an offer to attend a Group Assesment.

2) When I arrived we were split into groups of three and then taken to a smaller room where we were given a sheet with 4 customer scenarios e.g Mike wants a budget meal and has only £5 to spend, we were also given a booklet containing meal information and ingredients e.g gluten free cake. We then were given 5 minutes to look over the sheet individually and make notes and then were asked to match each customer to a meal through discussion which we were observed on, we were then taken back to the main room and rejoined the others.

3) We were then interviewed separately on hours we could work and basic questions e.g age, right to work and so on, They then asked 'describe a time' questions which I believe were generated by the situational tests which found your weak points.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you showed leadership   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners.

Interview

No group task only one to one . Sat waiting for previous applicant to be interviewed . Nerve wracking wait when group task was expected . Friendly interviewer apologised for wait.

Interview Questions

• What do I look for when go into restaurant /cafe   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Interview

Group activity where we matched peoples needs to the food options available to them. Followed by an individual interview asking about 5-7 questions where you always had to give an example.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself (snap shot of you -what you are doing atm etc)   Answer Question
    • give an example in school or work where you have overcome a difficult situation and what was that situation?   2 Answers
    • give an example when you have taught someone how to do something?   1 Answer

Catering Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in High Wycombe, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at John Lewis & Partners (High Wycombe, England (UK)) in October 2015.

Interview

A group interview with around 8 people interviewing for either this job or a sales assistant position. Interview lasted around an hour and involved a couple of different activities meant to test team work skills.

Interview Questions

• Describe your previous experience   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.