K. Hovnanian Homes Interview Questions

Updated 21 Oct 2015

2.7

Architectural Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes in August 2015.

Interview

Applied online and was contacted by the corporate headhunter. Over the phone interview and then an in person interview with the local hiring manager several weeks later. No follow up after the interview for weeks although was told a decision would be made the next week. Hiring manager finally emailed that they were going in a different direction. Headhunter never returned calls. Position is still available 2 months later and has been for 4 months. Same with the other position in the same department. I have little respect for companies that lead applicants along with no intention of hiring...just fishing to see what's out there.

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bluffton, SC (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Bluffton, SC (US)) in August 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview, fairly lengthy, but went well and wasn't stressful. Lady was at a distant office, but was very down to earth and personable. After talking for 30-45 minutes, she sent me an email to fill out a few more things and was going to try to get an in person interview set up with the area manager.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you would be a good fit in a sales position?   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Phoenix, AZ (US)).

Interview

The District sales manager called me first to see if I may be interested in switching builders/employers. Then a Recruiter contacted me, I completed a Phone interview first, then completed an online questionnaire and sent in my resume. I then had an in person interview with District sales manager off site, then in person with the Division President at the corporate office. Overall a very easy transition, I was made to feel very valued and appreciated.

Interview Questions

• What are your expectations in working for this company in this type of position?   1 Answer
    • Discribe the sales process you have been trained in using and are you using it?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a start date that was most beneficial for me. I hadn't attempted to negotiate the intaitial draw and payback period, but in hindsight I would recommend exercising your negotiation skills and see if you can get any amount of time paid without having to pay back completely.

Assistant Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes in January 2015.

Interview

Spoke with HR for an initial interview that lasted about 30 minutes. She was very pleasant and asked standard questions such as what I would do in a certain situation or have I experienced etc.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Red Bank, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Red Bank, NJ (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

My first contact was a phone interview which lasted approximately 45 minutes. It consisted of all the typical interview questions i.e. what is your greatest strength and weakness (really??). This appeared to go smoothly although most of the questions were rather canned. The next step was a battery of psychological, background, and skill tests. This testing took upwards of six hours to complete. I can only hope they were selective to whom they sent this battery...because it was time consuming and although I was extremely experienced with the software the tests were not user friendly. I then had been told I would receive a call Monday of the following week. I never heard from them. Not even the courtesy of a return phone call to my inquiry. This is not a very professional organization. A week letter, I received a form email. I was warned by a previous employee about their corporate ethos. I should have listened and not wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• A very telling question..."How would you handle an angry homeowner?" I guess really it depend on why they were angry....I can only imagine.   Answer Question

Instructional Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Bank, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (Red Bank, NJ (US)) in May 2014.

Interview

Straight forward simple questions about self, work ex etc. They use articulate and Captivate a lot so asked a few questions about these tools. The reporting manager was the only one who took my interview and the interview lasted for about 30 minutes. The office infrastructure is cool.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

I applied online, which included completing an online skills test of sorts. A few days later, I received a call from a recruiting manager, and then went into Red Bank HQ to meet with the recruiting manager. Then I had a second interview with the HR managers at the office where I'd be based. I went back one more time to meet with the VP of HR; the VP had been unavailable the day I met with the managers, otherwise I would not have had to come back. I received an offer the afternoon after my meeting with the VP, but the company knew I was sitting on an offer from another company; I don't know that they usually make offers so quickly. After I got the written offer, I had to complete a paper application (which seemed redundant, after completing an online application), and the company ran a background check on me and I had to go for a drug test. There seemed to be a disconnect between the time I submitted all of my paperwork and when I was starting, nobody from the company really remained in contact with me to keep me aware of how things were moving (like that the background check was complete and I was clear to start, I had to follow up and make sure of these things), which felt strange and made me somewhat insecure about leaving my current job for a new job.

Negotiation

I did not negotiate. I had another offer from another company at the same time, I told them what the other company had offered me and what I wanted, and they gave me what I wanted.

Architectural Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes (New York, NY (US)) in November 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Telephone Interview was good. Asked to to completed the extended form after the interview. But after that I did not hear back anything from them.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

The entire process took about a month and a half. Very positive experience. Consisted of phone interview, in-person interview, and written assignment.

Temporary Estimator Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at K. Hovnanian Homes.

Interview

Fairly simple interview, basic straight forward questions. They do a extensive background and previous employers check. Mostly just talk about resume and goals. They mostly just wanted to know how quickly and open I am to learning and listening to supervisors. I had this as a full time summer internship between college semesters.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.