KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at KPMG

7,177 Interview Reviews

2.9

Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviewed through on campus recruiting. 3 interviews and meet the team coffee chats. I applied on the company website and through university website. I was contacted by the on campus recruiter and participated in a series of team meet and greets. I interviewed with analysts, associates, and a partner

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 10 years?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

Long. 2 months. Basic questions but slow process. Can take up to 6 months depending on the position. In person interviews are followed by more in person interviews, meeting different employees at each level of seniority. HR is last and gave a below average salary

Audit Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I was abroad in the fall, during all the big interviews for a summer internship. Believe me, that was a risk, although I used it to my advantage. You know when recruiters come to your school and you don't know what to say, but you still want to introduce yourself? In the spring recruitment events before the fall interview season, I made sure to tell the recruiter that I'm interested in the internship, but I'm hoping that my time abroad wouldn't negatively impact my ability to apply. Pretty much every time I asked (any of the big 4) they told me I could still apply, and they would either interview me abroad, even offered for me to come to the office on an individual tour and early interview in the summer because they didn't think going abroad should be a reason to disqualify me. They always gave me their email and instead of saying "feel free to keep in touch," I was told "shoot me an email and remind me about your internship. I'll make sure you can still interview, that shouldn't be a problem." And instantly, you have something for them to remember you by, and a problem to work on that will lead to multiple exchanges.

I had two interviews via skype for business, and each was a half hour, but at 1:00 am where I was. Both of my interviewers were extremely relaxed, each began with a quick question about how my abroad session is going or what time it is for me, then they told me about the company and their own journey with the company, and then asked me two "real" questions, and if I had any questions for them.

Of all the firms I interviewed with, I thought this was the most conversational, the most considerate in easing into the interview questions naturally, and I learned the most about my interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working under pressure and how you dealt with that
      Tell me about a time you displayed leadership within a team   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

I went through the campus recruiting process, where I started with interviews just for their 2-day summer leadership program. It was two separate interviews, one with a manager and the other with a partner. They were quite serious and professional, and it was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you had a conflict with someone, how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose to pursue accounting?   Answer Question

Counsel Interview

Application

The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The interview process started off quickly. I received an initial phone interview shortly after applying. I interviewed in person about 2 weeks after the first phone interview. Ultimately, the interview process slowed down significantly.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle liability issues in a software or services contract?   Answer Question

Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

There were two rounds of 30 minutes back-to-back in-person interviews. The first one was more general, asking questions about my major and experiences. The second interview was more technical, asking about my quantitative skills. Since I'm a stats major, they asked questions regarding coding as well.

Interview Questions

• Tell me more about your majors - why did you choose to double major in 2 different areas?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The interview was not difficult and just exists to make sure you are capable of talking and working with other people. It encompassed just standard behavioral questions (tell us about yourself, strengths, weaknesses, etc.), and there were no technical questions.

Deal Advisory Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

Networked on campus for an interview. Process was straightforward, interview is conversational in nature. Be friendly with the interviewers and interviewing shouldn’t be a problem. The process is quick(applied, interviewed, and got notified all within a month) even considering coronavirus going on. The recruiter was great and answered all my questions.

Associate Interview

Interview

culture fit and basic experience questions. Tell me about your previous experience working in industry. What do you know about the company. What is your expectations of working in client services. Where do you see yourself in 5 years.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

The entire hiring process took around 1 month before I received an offer. After I accepted the offer, it took about 10 days for KPMG to conduct a background check and employment verification.

I had 2 phone interviews with recruiters before interning in person with my department manager. Ensure all details and dates are correct, verifiable and aligned on your resume and application. Do not leave off any employment (even if you feel it is not applicable).

I really enjoyed the process as a whole. I found the company very responsive and engaging. I always knew when to expect to hear from them during each stage and felt that they took the time to sort out any discrepancies.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for KPMG?

Describe a situation in which you were given performance feedback from your manager.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.