KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at KPMG

6,402 Interview Reviews

2.8

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

The first recruiter initially contacted me within 3-4 days after applying and set up a phone interview. Interview went well, disorganized communication amongst recruiters regarding next steps. The job was transferred to a different recruiter and despite follow up with disorganized with answers and next steps.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

After applying online, a highly tenured KPMG recruiter reached out to me and requested my thoughts on the position requirements. After providing him with an addendum, he requested
    the initial phone screen, Coordinating the time was a challenge, as he proposed a couple of days/times and then was non-responsive even after the first day that he listed had elapsed! Complicating matters was the fact that I received an out of office message from him 12 hours after every response, which was odd. He finally responded (via email) after I left him a voice mail, and the initial phone screen was conducted.

When I asked about next steps during our call, the recruiter indicated that I'd be speaking with "lots of people" before a hiring decision was made; however, I never heard from him again, nor did I receive any rejection correspondence. About four weeks later I sent him a quick follow-up email and he indicated that he'd "been tracking our roles and nothing appropriate has arisen to date," which made it seem as though he'd forgotten about our discussion altogether.

A closer look at the interviewer's LI profile revealed that he was specialized in Inclusion & Diversity, so the though occurred to me that the interview might've only occurred because I'm a disabled individual, which I indicated on my application. Obviously I can't prove this, but the ensuing radio silence and his pithy response to my update request was suspicious enough for me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview began with an email from HR, followed by an phone interview and eventually I was brought into the office for two 1 on 1 interviews with partners of the firm. I was given very positive feedback from the interviewers via HR. The interviews went well, however the responsiblities of the role had changed since I had applied to the job. The process was rather quick, and KPMG tried to meet my needs and make it as quick as they could.

Interview Questions

• There many firms like this out there, why this one?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter and asked to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen consisted on some basic OOPs and SQL concepts. The recruiter set up a technical 1:1 phone interview. Was contacted a week later saying that they wanted me to come by their Montvale, NJ office for two 1:3 panel interviews. The first interview was okay with some basic and some advanced ASP.NET and SQL Server and general Computer Science questions. The second interview was much more technically challenging. The questions ranged from general Computer Science concepts to very specific ASP.NET architecture.

I knew from the second interview that I had slim chances of getting through. Was told a couple of weeks later by the recruiter (by phone) that they're going with some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of your ASP.NET application? Why is a DAL required?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between stack and heap? What if I initialize an object within the scope of a function?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Columbus, OH (US)) in November 2011.

Interview

Being from a small school where Big 4 accounting firms do not actively recruit at, I had to be proactive and contact KPMG through my own channels of emailing the HR director and sending my resume to the MOP. Once I was accepted for an interview, KPMG paid for my milage to come and interview in the office. I met one on one with 3 Managers, spending about 30 minutes with each one. Once that round of interviewing was over, I got another call about 2 weeks later to come in and interview again. This interview was very similiar to the last round, except this time I met with Senior Managers. After the interview I recieved a call about a week later stating they were offering me a job. They gave me one week to accept or decline.

Interview Questions

• Describe to me what your biggest weakness is.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was relitively straight forward. The company sent you an offer letter and if you had other offers on the table you could try to negiotate your compensation up. Compensation was well above any of the other offers I had recieved, so I personally accepted my contract as is.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

1. Phone Screen with Recruiter
    2. Phone Interview with Sr Manager/Director
    3. Additional Phone Interviews
    4. In-person Interview with Director-Level of practice (they typically fly you somewhere)
    5. Additional phone/in person meetings (as needed)
    6. Offer from recruiter

...my process went quickly, but I've known for it to be a lot slower

Interview Questions

• They asked me about trends I know in the marketplace and how I saw those as being good options for the client - do your homework!   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

very friendly, personality oriented, and very encouraging. Went through my resume, told me i was doing great (in terms of getting MBA), as well as supported my plan to get CPA license.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set salary, coming out of college

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY (US)) in July 2012.

Interview

Applied through internal reference. Contained initial phone screen, onsite interview with manager and director, phone interview with another director, and a writing assignment.

Interview Questions

• Talk about your past experience   1 Answer
    • If the client doesn't like your methodology, how will you deal it?   1 Answer
    • Common behavioral questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

take it or leave it

Associate Interview

Interview

the interviewer was nice and went through of the resume

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at KPMG (Charlotte, NC (US)) in October 2009.

Interview

very standardized. intrapersonal skills and profesionalism can be as important or more than education.

Interview Questions

• standard questions, no surprises, be ready to talk and interact - they want to get to know you as a person.   Answer Question

Negotiation

accepted offer as is - first job so not much leverage.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.