KPMG Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at KPMG

6,658 Interview Reviews

2.9

Contract Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at KPMG in January 2017.

Interview

The first recruiter initially contacted me within 3-4 days after applying and set up a phone interview. Interview went well, disorganized communication amongst recruiters regarding next steps. The job was transferred to a different recruiter and despite follow up with disorganized with answers and next steps.

Contract Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at KPMG.

Interview

After applying online, a highly tenured KPMG recruiter reached out to me and requested my thoughts on the position requirements. After providing him with an addendum, he requested
    the initial phone screen, Coordinating the time was a challenge, as he proposed a couple of days/times and then was non-responsive even after the first day that he listed had elapsed! Complicating matters was the fact that I received an out of office message from him 12 hours after every response, which was odd. He finally responded (via email) after I left him a voice mail, and the initial phone screen was conducted.

When I asked about next steps during our call, the recruiter indicated that I'd be speaking with "lots of people" before a hiring decision was made; however, I never heard from him again, nor did I receive any rejection correspondence. About four weeks later I sent him a quick follow-up email and he indicated that he'd "been tracking our roles and nothing appropriate has arisen to date," which made it seem as though he'd forgotten about our discussion altogether.

A closer look at the interviewer's LI profile revealed that he was specialized in Inclusion & Diversity, so the though occurred to me that the interview might've only occurred because I'm a disabled individual, which I indicated on my application. Obviously I can't prove this, but the ensuing radio silence and his pithy response to my update request was suspicious enough for me.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ (US)

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Montvale, NJ (US)) in January 2012.

Interview

Was contacted by the recruiter and asked to set up an initial phone screen. The phone screen consisted on some basic OOPs and SQL concepts. The recruiter set up a technical 1:1 phone interview. Was contacted a week later saying that they wanted me to come by their Montvale, NJ office for two 1:3 panel interviews. The first interview was okay with some basic and some advanced ASP.NET and SQL Server and general Computer Science questions. The second interview was much more technically challenging. The questions ranged from general Computer Science concepts to very specific ASP.NET architecture.

I knew from the second interview that I had slim chances of getting through. Was told a couple of weeks later by the recruiter (by phone) that they're going with some other candidate.

Interview Questions

• Describe the architecture of your ASP.NET application? Why is a DAL required?   1 Answer
    • What is the difference between stack and heap? What if I initialize an object within the scope of a function?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Atlanta, GA (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

First round was a phone interview and it went well

Got office visit, most of KPMG associates were friendly and nice. Only problem - I did not like the team that I was interviewing for.There was a partner presentation followed by 3 interviews (manager/sr Manager/Associate)

I was highly disinterested in the process because of the negative vibes and treatment by the team. Did not care at all - going into this office visit I had offers from 2 other bigger+better big4s

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

Very organized and well planned interview process. More of personality fit and value driven selection process. Be confident and sell yourself well. Very friendly and candid interviewers so do not ruin your chances with nervousness!

Interview Questions

• Why this position?
      sell yourself   1 Answer

Negotiation

Take it or leave it! some lucky passenger is always ready to grab the opportunity

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY (US)) in July 2011.

Interview

The interview began with an email from HR, followed by an phone interview and eventually I was brought into the office for two 1 on 1 interviews with partners of the firm. I was given very positive feedback from the interviewers via HR. The interviews went well, however the responsiblities of the role had changed since I had applied to the job. The process was rather quick, and KPMG tried to meet my needs and make it as quick as they could.

Interview Questions

• There many firms like this out there, why this one?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (Chicago, IL (US)) in August 2008.

Interview

Met the HR recruiting team at the campus career fair and was called back for a second round of interviews on campus. The second of round of interviews consists of talking to HR and a manger from your prospective group. The third round of interviews is on site at the KPMG office and is a formality - don't screw up and you have a job.

Interview Questions

• Describe a task that you failed and why   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation was allowed

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2010.

Interview

I interviewed with KPMG for an Associate position in their dispute advisory group. The process was very unprofessional and I was constantly left without any callback or answer from KPMG. I initially had a phone interview with an HR Director that went well, so another phone interview was set up with a Managing Director. I never got a phone call at the specified time. I called the HR Director and she told me that the Managing Director had forgotten about me and was on a business trip. She says that she will reschedule. A MONTH later she calls me and sets up an in-person interview with 2 individuals and a lunch. The in person interview goes great. A week later, I email all 4 people I met with and not one returned my email. The HR Director didn't return my voicemail, either. It is 7 months after that interview now and I have yet to hear from anyone KPMG. This is a premier accounting firm?

Interview Questions

• What would your coworkers say is your biggest weakness?   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at KPMG (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter after a friend submitted my resume to HR. Had an hour long interview. Contacted the next day to set up an onsite interview. The onsite consisted of two 1:1's both behavioral in nature (Describe a time when...). One was with a partner, which was slightly stressful. Definitely more difficult than the phone interview but not the worst thing I have ever been through. Was contacted about a week later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you when were on a high stress project, what did you struggle with and what did you excel in?   2 Answers
    • Describe a time when you had to demonstrate leadership to motivate a group to perform a task.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (New York, NY (US)) in April 2008.

Interview

very friendly, personality oriented, and very encouraging. Went through my resume, told me i was doing great (in terms of getting MBA), as well as supported my plan to get CPA license.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

set salary, coming out of college

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.