KPMG Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated 7 Jan 2016

2.7

Audit Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

Approached by a recruiter by email, then had a phone interview with the recruiter, then another phone interview with another recruiter at the local office. After that scheduled for an office visit. During the office visit, I interviewed with a partner and a recruiter and had lunch with 2 other associates. All of them are very friendly and approachable. Did not get any feedback after.

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

I got an interview through campus recruiting. The process took about 3 weeks. Both of my interviewers were at the San Francisco office. It was very casual. My interviewer just really wants to get to know more about me, my school/work experiences and my passion for tax. Each interview lasts about 30 minutes. A senior manager interviewed me for the first round. The recruiter called me a week later to let me know I had been selected for the 2nd round. For the 2nd round interviews, a partner and a senior manager interviewed me. The partner called me 2 days after to give me an offer.

Interview Questions

• 1. Tell me about yourself 2. Why KPMG? 3. Why Tax ? Did you always know you want to work in Tax or is it something you discover along the way? 4. Give me an example when you have to deal with conflict ? 5. What is the one thing that you are most proud of ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

There were brief (20-30 minute) interviews with about 6 people. Some were associates, some managers. In some cases there were two people asking questions. The process ended with a lunch with 2 associates.

Interview Questions

• Some behavioral questions and some "why tax/accounting?" questions.   1 Answer

Audit Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

I applied for KPMG's audit internship through my college's career website. The process took between 2-3 weeks. I interviewed with a manger.The interview was about 30 minutes long and was very conversational. I was only asked 3-4 behavior interview questions. I was presented with an offer after first round interviews, they bypassed second round interviews for a number of intern and associate candidates. The interview was very easy, it's the nervousness that makes it seem difficult for most college students.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How do you receive constructive criticism? How do you balance work, college, and life? Why did you choose Audit/Accounting?   1 Answer

Negotiation

You do not negotiate as an intern.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through campus career website first, attached my resume, cover letter and transcripts. I then created an account on KPMG's website and applied there for the same position. Got an interview invite within a week. The interview was at KPMG office and it took half an hour. We talked through my resume and experience; there was not any behavior questions. Fairly easy.

Audit Interview

Application

Interview

The first round interview was in-person. It did not go well. The office was locked with no one watching the door. I was told I would be greeted when I arrived but there was no one was there. There was a woman standing in the middle of the office, who I could see behind the glass doors. I waved to her and she didn't bother to open the doors for me. When I got inside the office I asked her if she was my greeter. She was exceptionally rude to me and didn't assist me at all. Once I finally met my interviewer I believe I answered his questions quite well. However, he didn't like my answers and he repeated his questions to me. They were all very vague, open-ended behavioral questions about how I work in a team. At one point he mentioned community service and I used it as a segway to show my research of the firm. I asked him if he had any involvement in a community outreach program specific to KPMG (and prominently displayed on the company's homepage). He immediately said, "No. Have you?" That was puzzling. He obviously had no idea what I was talking about. My "host" for the day did nothing in the way of prepping me for my interview process or sharing anything of merit with me about the company. She spent a good amount of time complaining to me about how she doesn't get to see her family for Thanksgiving. It was awkward although I maintained a high level of professionalism all around. KPMG is a big name firm but that experience was very disheartening.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked with difficult people and how you were able to make the situation work.   Answer Question

Advisory Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

On campus interview. Before the interview there was a pre interview social for us to talk to our interviewers. The interview was standard and normal. The interview went through my resume and asked questions related to what I have on the resume. He also asked some common behavior questions like tell me time when you dealt with a difficult person on the team, etc.

Advisory Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was not so formal, just basic questions on why KPMG and why san francisco, and then the HR discussed the benefits of working at KPMG and that they offer Visa sponsorship

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

it's a screen phone call. We scheduled a time and the interviewer confirmed several essential information with me such as when I graduated, have I got the CPA license. Then asked my experience based on my resume. describe my current work. Why I want to leave and when I'm available to work, do I need a sponsorship in the future.

IARCS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at KPMG (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview process was straightforward: First round interview on campus with executive director. 2nd round interview was in-house at the office. There were three back to back thirty minute interview: 1 with partner, senior manager, and manager. Overall, interview process was very cordial.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.