Keg Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Keg Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Keg Restaurants

2.2

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Sat down with the manager at the time who asked some question regarding my experience and knowledge. I happily answer honestly about what I would bring to the team including my hard work ethic and dedication to providing excellent service of guests at all times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to for the Keg?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I came in for a walk in interview. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes. She started off by asking why I was applying at the keg. She then asked me to name five types of vodkas and five types of wine. When I was only able to answer 3/5 for both, she simply told me that I need to have an above average knowledge of both. I continued to explain that I would love to have the chance to learn, since all my past experience was very limited in terms of wine. I wish I would have been given the chance to show her my personality. I was recommended for the job by one of their managers who I had previously served. She told me that I would be perfect for the job and that I would have the opportunity to train and learn all about wine parings.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

28 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review- we'd love to hear more about this experience , please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was on Wednesday, happened on the spot when I walked in to apply. I sat down with a manager and was asked basic questions regarding employment. I was hired around a week later.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

5 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the great review and congratulations on the new position!

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in August 2014.

Interview

very casual, met with a few managers and asked about experience, goals, why you want to work there, how far is the commute, food knowledge, difficult situations, a few behavioural questions but nothing serious, its all about personality

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here   1 Answer

7 May 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for leaving a review, I'm sure future applicants will find it very helpful!

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Basic questions about hospitality, few situations that i have had to deal with in past. First met the Human Resource manager and then the operations manager a few days later.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

22 Jan 2016 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for posting a glassdoor review about the interview process, I hope glassdoor users find a successful example helpful! Always great to hear about great staff and their positive experiences.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toron-ni (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toron-ni (South Korea)) in February 2013.

Interview

Come in, say hi, tealk about yourself, talk about others, talk about what you like, talk about what you dont like, talk about experience, talk about what you like, talk about what you dont like, go from there.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Calgary, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Calgary, AB (Canada)) in April 2014.

Interview

First interview with a lower level manager, weeding out process. Asked me why i want to work at the keg, hobbies, and my strengths and weaknesses. The general manager called me later that day and scheduled a one on one interview with her later that week. She asked very similar questions but more in depth. Asked a lot about my availability and how many shifts i would want.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

5 Jul 2016 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the thorough review, I hope Glassdoor users find it useful!

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in September 2012.

Interview

Walked in with a resume and was asked to fill out an application form and have an open interview on the spot. Open interviews are conducted every Mondays. Typically if you are applying to any restaurant, it is best to go between the hours of 2pm to 5pm, before the dinner rush.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle dissatisfied guests?
      What is customer service?
      Give me an example from your previous job that involved being a team player.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much to negotiate, since it is a serving position. You will make your base wage plus gratuities - which you will get every night.

20 Jul 2016 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the review! I think Glassdoor users will find it very useful. Open interview hours can be found on our job postings on our website, they do vary from location to location.

Server/Bartender Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants.

Interview

Tiered interview that is streamlined. This particular interview was done for a new opening and it was a smooth and easy process. All of the interviewing stag seemed happy to be there’s despite being there for 4 days interviewing for positions.

Server/Bartender Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maple Ridge, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Maple Ridge, BC (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

I was invited to show up at 2pm, my interviewer did not show up until 2:15, and clearly had no interest in hiring me from the get go. He asked a lot of questions that made it seem like the position wasn't actually available and he was trying to get some over qualified people to expedite for him. Glassdoor seemed to have a positive review of the keg which is why i applied in the first place, but i definitely feel like i wasted my time.

Interview Questions

• Whats Your favourite meal? now sell it to me.   Answer Question
    • Would you be okay working a lower level position for potentially 6 months?   1 Answer

22 Jan 2016 – Corporate Training Manager

We appreciate your feedback and would love to have an opportunity to talk to you more about it. Please contact humanresources@kegrestaurants.com when you get a moment. Even if we don't hear from you... More