Keg Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Keg Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Keg Restaurants

2.2

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online and sent in a had written application and was contacted by the Human Resources manager at the Ottawa - York St. Keg restaurant and was asked to come in for an interview. I went in and asked to speak with a manager, they were very friendly but seemed surprised when I came - it was like they didn't know they were hiring. They asked a lot of questions about my communications with the HR personal and it appeared they had not received any communication between HR and the GM. One of the managers came back out and immediately asked if I spoke french and followed with you need to be bilingual here - if you don't speak french you can't work here. I was very caught off guard as there was no indication in the application or communications with HR that indicated this was a bilingual position. Ottawa very much does have a double-standard when it comes to french and English. The manager asked me a question in french and I was only able to understand a small portion (not being bilingual) and because of that the manager concluded the 'interview' at that point and -for lack of better words - showed me the door. Overall, it was a negative interview process which was surprising as I had read many positive reviews online.

Interview Questions

• Do you speak french and are you bilingual?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Red Deer, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Red Deer, AB (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

Sat down with the manager at the time who asked some question regarding my experience and knowledge. I happily answer honestly about what I would bring to the team including my hard work ethic and dedication to providing excellent service of guests at all times.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to for the Keg?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Montreal, QC (Canada)).

Interview

I came in for a walk in interview. The interview lasted less than 2 minutes. She started off by asking why I was applying at the keg. She then asked me to name five types of vodkas and five types of wine. When I was only able to answer 3/5 for both, she simply told me that I need to have an above average knowledge of both. I continued to explain that I would love to have the chance to learn, since all my past experience was very limited in terms of wine. I wish I would have been given the chance to show her my personality. I was recommended for the job by one of their managers who I had previously served. She told me that I would be perfect for the job and that I would have the opportunity to train and learn all about wine parings.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

28 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review- we'd love to hear more about this experience , please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was on Wednesday, happened on the spot when I walked in to apply. I sat down with a manager and was asked basic questions regarding employment. I was hired around a week later.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

5 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the great review and congratulations on the new position!

Server Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in August 2014.

Interview

very casual, met with a few managers and asked about experience, goals, why you want to work there, how far is the commute, food knowledge, difficult situations, a few behavioural questions but nothing serious, its all about personality

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, why do you want to work here   1 Answer

7 May 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for leaving a review, I'm sure future applicants will find it very helpful!

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in March 2017.

Interview

Tedious, but quite easy. They started with a hiring fair with whatever manager you got paired with. They give callbacks to meet with the manager of your specific department, and if you're lucky you'll get a 3rd to meet with the GA.

Interview Questions

• Years of experience, hospitality questions, "what would you do" scenarios, etc.   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Saint Catharines, ON (Canada)) in January 2015.

Interview

Brief interview with manager (open interviews one day a week). Then follow up with the General Manager. They call your references, but it is not overly thorough.

they often take recommendations from current employees and previous employees. They often hire friends and take transfers.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in June 2018.

Interview

Host, manager, me and then another manager. Start date, schedule, start work, make money and 40% off. I think you should be confident, calm and composed. The rest is pretty easy

Interview Questions

• Why would you like to work at the Keg?   1 Answer

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Winnipeg, MB (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Winnipeg, MB (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Basic questions about hospitality, few situations that i have had to deal with in past. First met the Human Resource manager and then the operations manager a few days later.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

22 Jan 2016 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for posting a glassdoor review about the interview process, I hope glassdoor users find a successful example helpful! Always great to hear about great staff and their positive experiences.

Server Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toron-ni (South Korea)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toron-ni (South Korea)) in February 2013.

Interview

Come in, say hi, tealk about yourself, talk about others, talk about what you like, talk about what you dont like, talk about experience, talk about what you like, talk about what you dont like, go from there.