Keg Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Keg Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Keg Restaurants

2.2

Hostess/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in November 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview, approximately 5-7 minutes. The interviewer didn't seem to be interested to get to know me. He didnt even ask me to tell about myself, I had no chance to introduce myself properly since a manager started an interview from "what was your previous job like" question. I was surprised, is it supposed to be like that? Ok. I gave a full answer to that question and mentioned the reason i left that job, but then the interviewer asked the next question like "WHY DID YOU LEAVE THAT PLACE"? At the moment I realized he didnt even listen to me :( Few questions about availability. No eye contact from manager. After couple of minutes the interviewer tried to get rid of me by asking me if I have any questions. At no time i was given an opportunity to reveal my personality. How can you guys understand if a person is suitable for the position or not with this kind of approach? I was prepared well and looked professional by the way. Very disappointed..

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for talking the time to write a review. We'd like an opportunity to follow up regarding your experience. Please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants.

Interview

Saw an add for the Vaughan location on their website but unfortunately when I went in the GM who first interviewed me said they already hired for the position and were looking for maybe bussers, I said sure to the idea of it to work my way up so he moved me on to the next interview with an assistant Manager who then interviewed me and gave me their business card to hear back from them by weeks end. Didn't hear back from them. Seems like they go for a certain heteronormative female type who are under 25 with average - above average looks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Why the Keg?
      What do you do in your spare time (hobbies)?   Answer Question

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write a review. We'd love to have an opportunity to hear more about your experience, please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North York, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (North York, ON (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

I went to an interview at Novotel Hotel for the new Elmwood Location and the interview process was very comfortable. I loved how easy going all the managers were and the staff were also very friendly. They didn't really ask too many questions but it was more of a conversation.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work the Keg?
      Where do you see yourself in 4-5 years from now?   Answer Question

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the good review, I know it will be useful for other Glassdoor users.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online, and went to their open interview times (3-5). I forgot to bring my application form so I had to fill one out there again, but they were very chill about it. I had a casual chat with the manager who was super friendly and then immediately after the general manager came to interview me. They both said they loved me and thought I was a great fit. Left the restaurant feeling great! Several days later I got offered the job.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the great review! Happy to hear you got the job, congrats!

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in August 2017.

Interview

Open interviews were held at hotel for a new location opening in the coming months. I showed up with my CV, filled out a form, and was interviewed within 10 minutes of showing up. I was told to wait outside the room for a few moments, and then I was brought back in by the the general director of the new restaurant opening and he asked a few more questions and hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What previous job experience do you have related to the position ?   Answer Question

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Congratulations! Thanks for writing a great review, we're happy this worked out for both of us!

Bar Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants.

Interview

There were 3 interviews. The first was a walk-in interview with one of the managers. The second was specifically with the bar manager, and the third was with the general manager of the location. It was very laid back, more about personality rather than experience. The keg has very extensive training so sometimes having previous experience isn't necessary. Very laid back, and more of a conversation

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

23 Oct 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review, we hope you're enjoying your position with us!

Salad/Sandwich Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in August 2017.

Interview

It was around 20 minutes, the staff greet me at the entrance, very kind the person who did the interview. I had to fill a form, and i was asked some questions regarding my experience..

Interview Questions

• If i have Work permit? Status in Canada?   2 Answers

23 Oct 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for taking the time review the interview process, we're glad it turned into a job offer!

Server/Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Ottawa, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online for a serving position and was invited (by e-mail) to stop by before opening hours for an interview.

Met the hiring manger who asked me more typical interview questions and was told that they weren't hiring servers but there were some busing positions available if I was interested (thought this was a bit misleading but I was open to moving up the ladder and so continued on with the interview). Met the GM right after the first interview. Was very friendly and went really well. Didn't really ask any common interview questions, just basic "What do you do in your spare time?" etc.

Left the restaurant feeling really good and got an offer the next morning.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you would struggle with most as a server?   Answer Question

23 Oct 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the useful review!

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2017.

Interview

went in and sat down with the manager and filled in an application form and was asked basic interview questions such as how you will get here and previous experiences. whole interview took around 30 mins with all the paperwork and stuff

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

24 Jul 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review, I am sure other Glassdoor users will find it helpful!

Server/Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Ottawa, ON (Canada)) in June 2017.

Interview

I went to the Keg one afternoon when they were closed with my job application form and was greeted by the service manager who was very friendly and had a nice manner. We sat down, she looked through my application and commented a few things about my skills and work experience. Because the general manager was not in at the moment she gave me her business card telling me to give them a call at the end of the week. The whole process took about 5-10 minutes and it was very pleasant. At the end of the week I gave them a call and scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager and general manager. They asked me the basic questions that you always get on an interview, and some more personal ones.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

11 Jul 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for your feedback. I'm sure Glasdoor users will find it helpful!