Keg Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Keg Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Keg Restaurants

2.2

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in January 2016.

Interview

Picked up from foyer area and brought to a leather booth with hiring manager, asked several questions, and told I would hear back in a week or so. After providing info about myself, I was given the chance to ask questions about the team & culture at The Keg, which were adequately answered.

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online and was invited for an interview a few days later. Waited 45 mins for the first interviewer for a really short interview (basic questions about previous experience), was invited for a second interview the next day and the interview went smoothly, manager asked me about myself. Got invited to a third interview with another manager who asked pretty much the same questions as the other two. First and last manager didn’t seem very interested in what I had to offer, perhaps because of my lack of experience. Most of the questions were very generic and unrelated to how I would perform at this job. However they were still quite friendly and polite. Thought all three interviews had gone well, but did not receive an offer due to lack of experience.

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants.

Interview

Easy going, called back same night, easiest interview process yet. Went on interview day they hold once a week. Managers were very nice and inviting. Was interviewed by two people

Interview Questions

• What is your fav meal? Tell me about yourself. What are your past work experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2008.

Interview

I had an interview with one manager and it was really informal. He went to get another manager and it was also very informal. They asked questions about previous work experience and how I would make a good fit for The Keg. I dressed casually, not like a slob, but definitely not dressed up either.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went out of your way to help someone.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Definitely be yourself and smile!

Hostess/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in November 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview, approximately 5-7 minutes. The interviewer didn't seem to be interested to get to know me. He didnt even ask me to tell about myself, I had no chance to introduce myself properly since a manager started an interview from "what was your previous job like" question. I was surprised, is it supposed to be like that? Ok. I gave a full answer to that question and mentioned the reason i left that job, but then the interviewer asked the next question like "WHY DID YOU LEAVE THAT PLACE"? At the moment I realized he didnt even listen to me :( Few questions about availability. No eye contact from manager. After couple of minutes the interviewer tried to get rid of me by asking me if I have any questions. At no time i was given an opportunity to reveal my personality. How can you guys understand if a person is suitable for the position or not with this kind of approach? I was prepared well and looked professional by the way. Very disappointed..

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for talking the time to write a review. We'd like an opportunity to follow up regarding your experience. Please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Super casual. Hired on the spot after few simple questions. Friendly manager holds open interview on tuesdays, just walked in and got hired, started the next day. I would highly recommend working here if you are looking for a first job.

Interview Questions

• whats your favourite hockey team   1 Answer

Barback Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2009.

Interview

I went to the Keg Mansion for the interview. I had first been greeted by the Kitchen Manager and he was interviewing me for a dishwasher position. He was very fun to talk with and friendly. After asking me many questions, he directed me to the Bar Manager and suggested that I was a better fit in the Front of the House staff due to my social skills and interest in meeting new people. After being referenced from another Manager, it was soothe sailing from then. The Bar Manager asked me similar questions and I answered them confidently. I was then offered the position of a Barback instead.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Keg?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a $1 raise after 6 months

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy -- mostly chatted with the owner and GM. I think they wanted to see what I'm like/what hobbies I have outside of work.
    Went in on an open interview day (most Keg Restaurants have these -- check their websites) had an interview with the owner and GM and was hired on the spot.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went in asking to apply and on the same day I interviewed with the general manager and then the bar manager. I had an employee referral and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interview was non-scripted and questions were focused on getting to know me.
      -Why do you want to work in a restaurant if you have a degree?
      -Past experience   Answer Question

5 Jul 2016 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review!

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in January 2014.

Interview

First met with the Floor Manager. Was brought into the lounge when restaurant was closed. Afterwards, I met with the Restaurant Manager. We went over my CV and discussed my available hours (I was in school at the time).

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

28 Feb 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the great review, I'm glad it led to a position!