Keg Restaurants Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Keg Restaurants Interview Questions

Interviews at Keg Restaurants

2.2

Hostess Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in August 2017.

Interview

Open interviews were held at hotel for a new location opening in the coming months. I showed up with my CV, filled out a form, and was interviewed within 10 minutes of showing up. I was told to wait outside the room for a few moments, and then I was brought back in by the the general director of the new restaurant opening and he asked a few more questions and hired me on the spot!

Interview Questions

• What previous job experience do you have related to the position ?   Answer Question

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Congratulations! Thanks for writing a great review, we're happy this worked out for both of us!

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in July 2016.

Interview

I dropped in to hand my resume to the manager one afternoon and the manager was there, so I waited for a while and had an interview on the spot. It was a very relaxed environment and everyone seemed friendly and welcoming. After the brief interview, I left my resume with him and he said he would contact me if I received a position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?
      What is your career goal for the future?   Answer Question

18 May 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review! I'm glad you had a positive experience in your interview process, and that other Glassdoor users will find this helpful.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

quick and easy interview
    interviewed by the floor manager then another interview right after by AGM
    as long as you are confident and look good you will get hired
    manager explains the policies and origins of the company

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at the keg?
      describe a time where you had to resolve a conflict.   Answer Question

11 Jul 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the feedback. We hope you enjoy working at The Keg in Toronto!

Hostess Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burnaby, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Burnaby, BC (Canada)) in May 2017.

Interview

My first interview was pretty straight forward, asking me about myself and availablity. He seemed very interested in what I had to say. I left the interview confidently and positive. After days of no one contacting me I started to lose hope, until I got a call a week later for a second interview. This one didnt go so well, and I felt like he didnt enjoy listening to me answer his questions. I was pretty bummed out because I really wanted this job. Guess I lost hope too fast because the next day they called and offered me a job!! Oh and i also dressed very formal and in all black (kind of like what I see their employees wear) so i think that helped me look the part and the age. I also thought they only hired older students like 17+ but i guess not since im only 15.

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

11 Jul 2017 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the feedback, I'm sure other Glassdoor users will find it very helpful! Good luck in your new role at the Burnaby Keg!

Hostess/Server Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants in November 2017.

Interview

Very brief interview, approximately 5-7 minutes. The interviewer didn't seem to be interested to get to know me. He didnt even ask me to tell about myself, I had no chance to introduce myself properly since a manager started an interview from "what was your previous job like" question. I was surprised, is it supposed to be like that? Ok. I gave a full answer to that question and mentioned the reason i left that job, but then the interviewer asked the next question like "WHY DID YOU LEAVE THAT PLACE"? At the moment I realized he didnt even listen to me :( Few questions about availability. No eye contact from manager. After couple of minutes the interviewer tried to get rid of me by asking me if I have any questions. At no time i was given an opportunity to reveal my personality. How can you guys understand if a person is suitable for the position or not with this kind of approach? I was prepared well and looked professional by the way. Very disappointed..

Interview Questions

Keg Restaurants Response

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for talking the time to write a review. We'd like an opportunity to follow up regarding your experience. Please contact us at humanresources@kegrestaurants.com.

Dishwasher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Super casual. Hired on the spot after few simple questions. Friendly manager holds open interview on tuesdays, just walked in and got hired, started the next day. I would highly recommend working here if you are looking for a first job.

Interview Questions

• whats your favourite hockey team   1 Answer

Barback Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in April 2009.

Interview

I went to the Keg Mansion for the interview. I had first been greeted by the Kitchen Manager and he was interviewing me for a dishwasher position. He was very fun to talk with and friendly. After asking me many questions, he directed me to the Bar Manager and suggested that I was a better fit in the Front of the House staff due to my social skills and interest in meeting new people. After being referenced from another Manager, it was soothe sailing from then. The Bar Manager asked me similar questions and I answered them confidently. I was then offered the position of a Barback instead.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at the Keg?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got a $1 raise after 6 months

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Guelph, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Guelph, ON (Canada)) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy -- mostly chatted with the owner and GM. I think they wanted to see what I'm like/what hobbies I have outside of work.
    Went in on an open interview day (most Keg Restaurants have these -- check their websites) had an interview with the owner and GM and was hired on the spot.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I went in asking to apply and on the same day I interviewed with the general manager and then the bar manager. I had an employee referral and I was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions

• The interview was non-scripted and questions were focused on getting to know me.
      -Why do you want to work in a restaurant if you have a degree?
      -Past experience   Answer Question

5 Jul 2016 – Corporate Training Manager

Thank you for the review!

Busser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Keg Restaurants (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in October 2013.

Interview

Fairly casual, manager was friendly, questions were easy assuming you prepared bare minimum. I was hired on the spot and returned a week later for orientation and to begin training.

Interview Questions

• Why apply for a bussing position when you have expereience in higher-up positions?   Answer Question

3 Jan 2018 – Corporate Training Manager

Thanks for the great review! I hope other users find it helpful, we're certainly glad the job has workout for you and us!