Laing O'Rourke Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Laing O'Rourke

3.3

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Sydney) in June 2017.

Interview

One manager and one tech staff were the interviewer. Firstly they asked few general questions, including the opinions in the field, new technologies; Then ask me to code some algorithm on a whiteboard

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

friendly environment. There was a group exercise a 1:1 interview and a presentation to do. For both the presentation and the group exercise there were briefs from which you had to gather all the information you needed. we were 6 people in the group exercise.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you applied common sense.   1 Answer

Assistant Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by Skype interview . I was invited to an assessment centre but i was not able to attend. There were two people interviewing, both very friendly and professional.

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke in May 2011.

Interview

The hiring process looked optimistic at the beginning. The interview was at a different location at lunch time. The interviewers were very professional during the interview. The technical part was very good, however the HR manager did not seem to be interested. After the interview, I was encouraged that it went very well. But then the result was not the same, The reason given was that they were looking for a different degree level. Therefore, they did not read through my CV properly before calling me to the interview. When enquired about it, they said its not just that, there are other reasons as well, such as your ambitions are higher than that we are looking for. So - are they looking for low ambitions people??

Document Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke in May 2013.

Interview

First applied to Laing for Document Control role last year. Interview set up by HR officer, interviewed by two Laing employees from the project who would be the direct line manager and Project Manager. Interview went well and I didn't hear any feedback at all until I emailed HR two weeks later who said he had broken his leg and couldn't get back to me and the document control role was no longer being offered due to an internal restructure. A month later I saw the same role being advertised again...
    Three weeks ago I submitted an application to a recruitment agency for a 3 month temp role which turned out to be for Laing (in the novo rail alliance). Novo rail interviewed me on the phone and I was offered a position via the recruiter, submitted my paperwork within 24 hours and references were grilled for 20 mins on the phone. The week I was due to start I kept being told Laing still needed to collect signatures so the start date was again put off to the following week. The day before I was due to start I was told by the recruiter Laing had had a reshuffle and the role might not be on the table for another 2 months so I should forget about it. The following week I see Laing advertising a doc control role in the same area for a rail job.

Absolute waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation in which there was a breach of safety and what you did in response   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (London, England (UK)) in February 2017.

Interview

There was a panel of three looking for honesty, dedication, capability, straight forward, nobody wanting to trip you up, many question about my background and how would I handle certain situations, such as construction problems, difficult client, etc

Interview Questions

• Why do I want to be a Project Manager   1 Answer

Communications Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke in May 2013.

Interview

Around 3 weeks from the application to a call back. Interview conducted by a newly promoted marketing manager that was either being sly, or genuinely aloof, when he said 'I am not good at interviews so lets just keep this really informal'. The Interviewer did not have much to say when asked about a new candidates potential progression for the company, proclaiming he had just been there at the right place and the right time. I got the impression that they seemed keen on me as a potential shoe-in, as I had had similar experience, but I got a general rejection email a week later. When I asked the interviewer, I was simply told I just 'didn't have the experience' - so why did I get invited to interview?

Interview Questions

• 'I don't know what to ask you, so please tell me about yourself'
      'Why do you want to work here'
      'This is an open plan office with Directors being able to see your every move, how does that make you feel?'   Answer Question

Digital Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Warsaw (Poland)) in October 2018.

Interview

Professional interview. I got know what I wanted. I was asking a lot about my previous experience. I was told about accomodation and mobility conditions. My interview was by skype, I am foreginer and I assume during a call they were checking my english level. The impression after interview is very possitive.

Interview Questions

• A lot about my former job experience.   1 Answer

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dayrah (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Dayrah (United Arab Emirates)) in March 2009.

Interview

methodical, long, meticulous, good questions asked, experience acknowledged,

Interview Questions

• unexperienced HR personal, unnecessay question asked, asking for previous salary slip from previous employer   1 Answer

Apprenticeship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Dartford, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

After the initial online application it is the telephone interview, then the online numerical, verbal and logical reasoning test then assessment center. For the group task at the assessment centre was how to get more women involved with engineering. presentation was on safety.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.