Laing O'Rourke Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Laing O'Rourke Interview Questions

Interviews at Laing O'Rourke

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke.

Interview

I had sent my CV directly to the HR and they got back to me. They set up an interview with the Engineering Manager of CHt. The interviewer was easy on me because he knew I didn't have much experience in the construction industry

Interview Questions

• 1. If you were to choose to work between consultants and contractors, who would you work for and why?   Answer Question

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Dartford, England (UK)).

Interview

Online application to be completed with full CV post graduation. Followed by a telephone interview and progressing to full day assessment centre at a regional office. The assessment including individual and group activities.

Interview Questions

• Why I do I want to be an engineer. Lots of scenario based questions.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Interview

I sat with 2 interviewers, 1 hr and 1 department head. Conversation was really nice and easy and they made me feel really relaxed. Asked pretty general questions, nothing out of the ordinary and it just felt like a really engaging conversation between both parties.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Sydney) in September 2019.

Interview

Begins with online application: submit CV, Cover Letter and Transcript. Followed by online assessment (both behavioural and logic). Last step is the in person interview - panel with 2 members .

Interview Questions

• Describe a challenging situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

School & College Leaver Programmer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dartford, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Dartford, England (UK)) in June 2019.

Interview

I applied online and once they received my application I got to the next stage and was asked to do an online assessment. A few months later I got an email explaining that “we have now successfully filled all the roles available.” I thought that was going to be the end of it until I got a call back a few weeks later from a lady at the office explaining that they have slightly increased the number of apprentices they wanted to take on and asked if I was still interested and wanted to come for an assessment day, which I had agreed. There were meant to be 6 people attending the assessment although only 4 have shown up. After talking to the other 3 people we have discovered that all of us got rejected at first. The fist activity was a group task where we met the assessors. We all had a different task to complete based on what the apprenticeship was involving, but had to make a team decision at the end. Although the 2 people haven’t showed up, therefore we had individual tasks and we had to distribute the 2 remaining tasks between us. The second part was a individual presentation. I didn’t know what to expect but we got sat in an empty room conference room with 3 pieces of paper and had 40 mins to complete a presentation about what motivates you and how it it ties in with their values etc. I then had to present to one of the assessors where he would ask questions regarding the presentation. The last part was the 45 min interview with the other assessor, which I had found to be more of a casual chat about your previous experience and where you have showed job-related skills etc. At the end of the assessment I met a lady who asked to see my passport, which we were asked to bring to the assessment. She told me that if I was successful, the offer would come by post, and if I was unsuccessful they would send me an email explaining what I could’ve done better and other general feedback. The next day I got an email, the same email I have received weeks prior explaining that positions have been filled. I tried to call back and request feedback but nobody picked up.

Assistant Quantity Surveyor Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (London, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Online application followed by Skype interview . I was invited to an assessment centre but i was not able to attend. There were two people interviewing, both very friendly and professional.

Digital Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (Warsaw (Poland)) in October 2018.

Interview

Professional interview. I got know what I wanted. I was asking a lot about my previous experience. I was told about accomodation and mobility conditions. My interview was by skype, I am foreginer and I assume during a call they were checking my english level. The impression after interview is very possitive.

Interview Questions

• A lot about my former job experience.   1 Answer

Bid Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Initial, fairly detailed, phonecall with the internal recruitment depaortment before being invited to a face to face interview.

At interview, I wasn't really asked any good questions. It was an informal chat without structure. Normally, I really like and do well in these types but I didn't feel able to relax as it didn't seem like the manager was listening. He was just waiting to say his next bit. He made a few notes, though.

The second half took the form of a writing / grammar checking exercise, which was fine. Check 9 or 10 statements for errors then review & rewrite a case study. I had to complete both tasks in half an hour.

I was asked to bring passport as proof of identity but the hiring manager didn't want it. I had the impression he'd made up his mind before seeing me.

I didn't hear anything for a couple of weeks ("we'll let you know within a week") then rang for feedback. I had the generic "it went well from our end but there were a couple of mistakes in the exercise" before being told I was still in with a chance. I heard nothing further after that and they reposted the job advert. Complete with grammatical errors.

Graduate Civil Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (London, England (UK)) in January 2018.

Interview

friendly environment. There was a group exercise a 1:1 interview and a presentation to do. For both the presentation and the group exercise there were briefs from which you had to gather all the information you needed. we were 6 people in the group exercise.

Interview Questions

• describe a situation when you applied common sense.   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Laing O'Rourke (North Sydney) in September 2017.

Interview

I was invited to the interview after online assessments. There were two panels, one from HR and one from engineering. The interview was mostly consisted of behavioural questions and not many technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a stressful situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.