Land O'Lakes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Land O'Lakes Interview Questions

Interviews at Land O'Lakes

2.8

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes in September 2018.

Interview

Campus interview was conducted right after the career fair. The MMT position is really meant to grow into a Plant Manager in a few years, having prior management experience is very helpful throughout the process. A very specific candidate profile is needed if you fit it the process is very fast.

Interview Questions

• The biggest challenge you have overcomed during your college career?   Answer Question

Quality Assurance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kent, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Kent, OH (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Everything was pretty standard until the onsite interview. Typical phone interview about my background and why I want the position I applied for with the most polite HR person I've ever dealt with. Then I had to take an online math assessment. After that I had a normal onsite interview with the quality supervisor and quality manager. The onsite interview was very heavy on questions about safety and examples of how I went out of my way to be safe. It was also mentioned about seven times that it was a union job and the rate of pay wasn't negotiable. After the interview with the quality team, there's another onsite interview with the actual hiring manager for the plant and she had an attitude the whole time. She pulled up my resume, asked questions as she read through it for the first time. She kept making snarky comments like "oh you've got your degree so you just want to make as much money as possible" then she'd explain something that was already explained in the two previous interviews. When I asked questions about career growth potential and what should be expected questions about future opportunities with the company, she'd roll her eyes and give a short I don't have time for this kind of response. I was really excited about the quality team I met with and the job, but the hiring manager was just a buzzkill.

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

I talked to a recruiter at a college career fair and that night they contacted me to be interviewed the next day. The interview was given by three employees all coming from different places in the company. They all asked mostly behavioral and situational questions. After the interview I received a call about a week offering me the position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had a team member that was not working well with the group and what you did to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Machine Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

Two managers asked me a few questions then gave me a facility tour. My initial impression was great the people seemed to like working there and I felt like it was a fun atmosphere. Three weeks later my opinion changed, it was very clear that I was not selected because I wear a leg brace to walk (my opinion) I did all of the traditional follow up interview steps, I mailed hand written thank you notes and didn't hear anything so a week later I followed up with a phone call and still didn't hear back finally I sent an e-mail two and a half weeks after my interview & I got a reply but it was not an answer. Finally almost four weeks after my interview I got a rejection e-mail! Good grief I think it would have been less upsetting if I had got a response in the one week time frame I was given by the manager but to wait that long it's just plain rude and I can't help but feel like it was my leg brace that didn't get me selected. They should change their job descriptions to read: people that will need reasonable accommodation need not apply! Heck I guess they were just nice to my face because they felt sorry for me! What a waste of my time and energy & very disappointing!

Interview Questions

• Did you grow up on a farm? Have you worked with farm animals? Have you worked in a factory? Tell us about you're past work history.   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shoreview, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Shoreview, MN (US)).

Interview

Met a recruiter at a professional conference and got a phone interview with the hiring manager about a week later. I was initially told that I did not have enough experience and that was the end. I was called by the recruiter 3 months later to schedule an in-person interview. I flew to Minnesota and had individual interviews with 5 different people and gave a presentation. I was called with an offer about a week later.

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kiel, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Kiel, WI (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Normal, Set up interview, went and interviewed. I was interviewed by three different people, each gave me an in site into what the job would be like. There was also a safety test along with this.

Interview Questions

• How did you solve a conflict between two other co-workers?   Answer Question

LPS Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Very slow and disappointing. I already was into my next job when they asked for a fly out. I’m sure this is a great company, but if you have six months or more to get a job this might be a good fit. They also don’t like relocation.

Data Entry Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carlisle, PA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Carlisle, PA (US)).

Interview

Friendly staff. Felt comfortable. Questions were not too difficult. Discussed the position & duties and why I am interested. Asked about my matching skills & experience. They needed someone to start soon which was fine with me.

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Good experience, at my school. Two interviewers, asked lots of team based questions. Interviewers were very professional and answered my questions very well. they were accommodating and very pleasant to interview with. Did have to take a drug test when i accepted.

Communications Interview

Interview

Frantic at the beginning -- come in tomorrow, no the next day! (It's a contracting position, so this wasn't totally shocking.) Then a really good interview, very professional and friendly.

Interview Questions

• This job requires you to do boring and repetitive work. But there will the opportunity to do more cool stuff. Are you still interested?   2 Answers