Land O'Lakes Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Land O'Lakes

2.8

Transportation Planner Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in January 2015.

Interview

Phone interview followed by panel interview with 5 different team leads. Normal interview questions and talked about previous work experience. The process was very quick only took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a tough project you were apart of what did you do and what was the outcome.   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

Met at Career Fair, had a 30 minute interview. The questions were pretty standard, with a decent amount of repetition. Most were personality questions and responses to different scenarios. Main concern was about dealing with people and managerial skills. Got the offer within a week of interview. Very Prompt in whole process.

Interview Questions

• It was all pretty simple and expected.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate

Programmer/Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

actually had two recruiters that submitted my resume, back in 2001. That made it hard but it worked out. I interviewed and had the job by the end of the week. The programming skills I had were in very short demand, so I think they were quite happy to find me. I don't think my experience is quite the normal any more, with things taking more time and interviewing with more people.

Negotiation

I got an offer that was just a bit more than I had been making. Was unemployed at the time, and was happy to get offer. Asked for an extra week of vacation and got it.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arden Hills, MN (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

Multiple phone calls, first with HR then with site managers. HR representative handle most of the process. Everyone was very respectful and flexible, which is surprising for such a low level position. Expect multiple interviews for a diverse series of positions - after you are recognized by the company they ask for your preferences

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable working alone or in a team, tell me about your current work, do you have any background on a farm   Answer Question

General Labor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spencer, WI (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Spencer, WI (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

Physical including lab work, urinalysis, and 50 lb lift test at the Marshfield Clinic, which took at least two hours. I then had a written test which took two hours asking personality and IQ questions. The interview with a panel including the plant manager and human resources. It was a very tedious process. The orientation was quite lengthy, which took three days. The overall experience of the interview was very poor. They spent too much time looking for the right person. That place is a revolving door with poor leadership. It's a terrible place to work.

Interview Questions

• Name some of your weaknesses. What don't you like about yourself.   1 Answer

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in October 2014.

Interview

College recruiting - two half hour on-campus interviews back to back, one with a finance manager, one with an accounting manager
    Started with interviewer walking through his background, followed by general "walk me through your resume" type questions, then a few structured, situational questions
    Overall seemed more conversational than pressured, knew right after interview that it was a place I'd enjoy working at

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when... (don't remember specifics)   Answer Question

Supply Chain Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I applied through my university. Initial submissions included resume drop and online application. Only one round of resumes ensued, yet you have 2 30-minute interviews totaling 60 minutes. One interview consists of a 2-on-1 with a supply chain recruiter and an associate in the TAP Rotational Program. The second one consists of a 1-on-1 with a higher-level manager (perhaps someone managing plants in a given region). All questions are behavioral, and some questions overlap between the two interviews. However, the order in which the interviews are administered can change with each candidate.

In accordance with Minnesota law, all additional tests (drug, background) were completed after extending an offer.

Supervisor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes.

Interview

3 phone interviews. 1st one with HR. 2nd one with HR, Plant Manager and Hiring Manager. Next, I had an in person interview in a panel interview. I had to do a presentation selling myself to the company. Went on another interview the following day with HR on the phone. I also had to do a leadership assessment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Tell them your concerns if you're not happy with your ofer

Operations Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arden Hills, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Arden Hills, MN (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Engaging and efficient. I was contacted by an HR representative for a phone screen after applying to the company website. This phone screen was basic verification of experience and inquiring my requirements for salary and availability. I was forwarded to interview in person, I met with an HR representative, and the hiring manager on the same day. I recieved an offer of employment within the week. The entire process lasted less than 2 weeks from phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you identified an opportunity to improve a work process.   Answer Question

Packaging Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Paul, MN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Land O'Lakes (Saint Paul, MN (US)) in July 2014.

Interview

Friendly and courteous people. Multiple Individual interviews. Some technical questions. One of the better interviews if I were to rate them. Interviews were in a conference room in a one on one environment. I interviewed with the hiring manager and 2 manager/director level individuals about the hiring manager and one of the engineers. All of the employees shared lots about their experiences at Land o Lakes. Would have been a good company to work at in my opinion. Not a super long drawn out interview process. Main interviews day took about 2-3 hours. They were flexible with arranging the date and time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you solve a specific issue at one of the manufacturing plants. What would you do and how would you do it. (Basically testing to see what type of real life experience and industry knowledge you have).   Answer Question