Lend Lease Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Lend Lease Interview Questions

Updated 21 Nov 2017

2.6

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Lend Lease (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

The on-site interview is broken up into 2 parts. One part is 2 interviews, each done by a pair of employees. Another part is a collaborative group case study with about 5 other interview candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were asked something and you didn't know the answer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Lend Lease (New York, NY (US)) in November 2017.

Interview

Round 1 on campus and round 2 in New York. 2 interview sessions and a group case study.
    The interviews were conducted by 2 pairs of employees. Overall, they were pretty friendly and spoke freely to the candidates before process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you were thrown into the deep end and how did you deal with this   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Lend Lease (Chicago, IL (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn. Company recruiter then contacted me to schedule a phone screening. The recruiter was very thorough in what skills the position required and what would be expected of the candidate filling the position. After successfully completing the phone screening I was brought into the office the following week. I met with 3 individuals who worked on the team in which I was interviewing for. Everyone seemed to be very professional yet laid back. I thought the interview went very well.

Payroll Specialist Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lend Lease.

Interview

Pleasant and standard interview. Met with supervisor. Some questions were inappropriate...i.e. marital status, children and their ages -probably to estimate my age because asking that is definitely a no no.

Interview Questions

• If a coworker was slacking off, but you were always done with your own work, would you help them?   Answer Question

Data Entry Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Lend Lease (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process was really short and rude to be quite honest. I was contacted by a recruiter for the position. The recruiter was pretty thorough in what to expect and what the company was looking for. I even asked who I would be interviewing with so I could prepare further for the interview. I was told that I would be interviewed by two people. Come the day of the interview, I was told that the manager couldn't make the interview but one of the two can make and someone else would interview me in the manager's place. So I thought nothing of it, another manager who had experience would be there. I walk into the interview greet both parties and sit down. Meanwhile they asked me all of maybe 5-6 questions. They explained the job which is something my recruiter had gone over with me, explained further what the company is and does (something that was memorized from the company's home website). One of the panelist asked all the questions while the other sat just sat there for the most part. They had my resume in front of them (well one of them did) on the desk with a some notes written on a separate piece of paper on top of my resume. Not once did they bother to pull my resume from underneath the paper to look at it. Once I answered their questions, of course the question "what questions do you have for us?" came along. Not once did they ask any questions my recruiter and I had gone over. Heck, they didn't even seem prepared for the interview let alone cared. Every time I asked a question the manager's replacement responded although I ask both panelist the same question. So then I asked a direct question for the both of them: "What would you say your personal management style would be?" And there you have it folks. Both panelist looked at each other with a dear in headlights expression and confessed that they were not managers. Not only are they not managers but they also didn't know what how to conduct an interview. In my mind mind I was furious. So readjusting my questions I ask MANAGERS during an interview. I asked them directly what is it you like about working here? Response: "I think I can speak for both of us when I say we like the people and that talking to them makes the work and time go by fast." Once again, only once answered and spoke for the other while she just nodded her head. Like, why are you even here?! Can you speak for yourself?! But that person had plenty to speak about insignificant things like what discounts they get for working for the company to my recruiter as we were walking into the interview room and out but couldn't answer once question when directly spoken to?! I asked outside of my responsibilities that are written on the job description what other responsibilities come up or that is expected of me? Response: Your main focus will be just Data Entry nothing more. You're comfortable with that right? A complete waste of 20 minutes. This was RUDE! RUDE! RUDE! Note to management, if you can't make the interview to get a good feel of the interviewee or have someone equally qualified to conduct interviews in your position (meaning another manager) step in just reschedule. If I had to sum it up. Sounds like the actual hiring manager already had her mind made up about who she wanted to hire and didn't care to interview anymore. So she sent someone else to do it for her. Again. RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!

questions "They" asked:
    What's your dream job?
    What challenges did you face at your last jobs?
    What is something your terrible at? It doesn't have to be work related
    Why are you leaving your current position?
    What questions do you have for us?

Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lend Lease (Nashville, TN (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Overall process has taken 11+ weeks. Applied online and within 2-weeks, was scheduled to have a screening call with a recruiter. The call was overall positive but this was not a typical screening call. I felt the recruiter was trying to test my mental toughness a little and I appreciated that based on the demands of the position I was applying for.

The call must have been somewhat positive as I then scheduled and met with the local team for a second interview with three of their associates, two of whom are in management related positions. Interviews with each person were each very basic and more conventional than the first screening. About 3-weeks later I was scheduled to come back and meet with the Senior leadership team with representatives from varying areas of the country. Through this entire process I was under the impression that the feedback was positive, and I found the people I met with to all be very pleasant people.

My reasoning for the negative experience has to do with faulty expectations set by Lend Lease throughout the interview process. I have been told that the company was initially looking to make a decision around Thanksgiving 2016, only then to have the timeline moved to Christmas 2016, to then within the fist couple weeks of January 2017, and I still have yet to receive any definitive information on if the position has been filled, canceled, or if I am even under consideration at this point. I can appreciate that the hiring process can take a while and for a MNC hiring personnel around the world, can also be time consuming. I just find it difficult to comprehend that management is still unsure if I am the candidate they feel would be best for the position. I can handle rejection, it is the time in-between that is so confusing, especially when I have been the one to reach out to my human resources contact, and not be told that Lend Lease has decided to pursue other candidates.

Lend Lease seems to be a great company that does amazing work, especially for our military communities. The employees I witnessed at work during my interview process all seemed to be very upbeat and positive in my short time around them which leads me to believe that the local team does a great job with their employees. I only hope that this interview process is not the experience for any other candidate and that my experience is unique to any other. To this day I have not received any feedback on if LL will be moving forward with me or someone else; One can only infer...

Senior Supt Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Lend Lease (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

Called in to come in for an interview to downtown Chicago office location. Supposed to meet with 5 people, two different groups. No one was on time. Wound up interviewing four different times. Another person would come in late, and then asked to start all over again.

Then after all that, interviewer said my experience is inadequate/ does not align with what there looking for?. Would have been nice to know before I wasted my time. Also 1 interviewer was extremely rude.

Just with this interaction it turned me off to this Company.

Interview Questions

• Really no clear cut probing question, besides how much pay I had wanted?

There was no HR personnel in interview, could be why it was not organized?   Answer Question

Assistant Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Lend Lease (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2016.

Interview

Very easy interview process. Only gripe I have is that it took 2 months and the recruiter never called me I had to call them. I had a current employee refer me so my experience was different than the recruiter contacting me or me applying without any sort of insider. I interviewed with 7 people from 2 different projects. Everyone was very nice and down to earth.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you know about lendlease?
      What is your biggest weakness?

Basic interview questions....   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Lend Lease.

Interview

Met 1 on 1 with the interviewer. He looked at resume and then talked about the company and what they're looking for. Asked me some questions about my experience and then allowed me to ask him questions. Turns out he wanted someone that was about to graduate and with more experience.

Project Accountant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Lend Lease in January 2016.

Interview

Had a phone screen first then in house the following week. I had no construction experience and it seemed necessary regardless of the initial thoughts. Interview with manager, senior accountant and another project accountant.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.