LinkedIn Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 18 Jun 2018
1,470 Interview Reviews

3.1

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

I applied through LinkedIn, talked to a recruiter, scheduled a phone screen, had the screen. Every question was pretty easy from a Senior Software Engineer standpoint and I breezed through them fast enough that we had a ton of extra time. In the end I was given a no, they said I didn't seem senior enough. It seemed really sketchy, especially considering the interviewer had less experience than me (got promoted to senior less than 2 years at LI from out of college). There's definitely some internal agenda on hiring going on, haven't ever gotten a no from an interview I had such an easy time with.

Interview Questions

• Given an array of numbers, return an array of numbers where exactly one of them existed in the input. ie. [1,1,2,3,4,4,] -> [2,3]   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Santa Clara, CA (US)).

Interview

Called by recruiter than technical question easy 15min verbally.
    Then onsite 2hour four people interview with.
    Only system design question asked.
    No coding at all.

Feedback:they would think I might not stay long term in the company. Less passionate

Event Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

Applied via LinkedIn and was contacted within hours to schedule a phone interview. Terrible experience with the initial recruiter who was late and unprepared. The recruiter was unorganized, distracted, and apologized throughout the call for the loud car noises as they just finished a personal appointment. Mentioned they would follow up the next week regarding next steps and as expected never heard back. Negative perception of LinkedIn's interview process and the company culture based on this unprofessional recruiter.

Front End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in June 2018.

Interview

I got an interview about the front end position.
    The guy said I am taking too long to finish my palindrome method.

I was working on the palindrome and he said it is not working on most of the case.

Interview Questions

• How to check if the string is palindrome ?   1 Answer
    • What is bubble event?   1 Answer

GSO Interview

Interview

Apply online, receive interview via email, phone interview. Interviews were 30 min long. Questions straightforward. Did not receive offer and think that was the correct decision. Was not the perfect position fit and their questions are able to determine this.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Phone call, then onsite.
    The interviewer on the phone was decent guy.
    4 out of 8 onsite interviewers were arrogant. They were talking in higher pitch than usual. I guess this is part of their how to become interviewer training. Full of ego.
    I will never go to this place.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at LinkedIn.

Interview

The recruiter gave me a phone Screen then I had an onsite with three module with 6 people. After the onsite, I received a phone call on that Friday about their decision. In that same call, they give you comp info.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a scenario in which one of your teammates was not pulling your weight.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

The interview process ended abruptly when the company contacts stopped following up.

The Linkedin HR contact was unreachable to set up a time to chat about the roles comp and benefits. The Linkedin team member contact was great to work with at first, but eventually stopped following up - even after the confirmed that they would set up another time to speak with another team member.

The interviews consisted of various case studies and a phone screen.

Interview Questions

• How would you react/respond/act is ___ situation.   1 Answer

SMB Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at LinkedIn (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I got a call from the recruiter (sits in East coast) for the application I submitted on LinkedIn. The recruiter emailed me on Mon and wanted to set up a call the same week. I emailed the times for Thurs and Fri the same week. She asked me then if it could be Tues or Wed, I agreed and managed my schedule at work and gave the time for Wed. She agreed and sent an invite for Thurs, funny ! I emailed her back clarifying but no answer.

So, I waited on Thurs but the call never came. I emailed her back, she replied that she got stuck and won’t be able to call but she is available on Mon and will be flexible. I said perfect! I sent a few times and she agreed at 12:30pm. Again no call, I sent an email and tried reaching on her number and left a voicemail.

What a negative experience for the candidate from a company like LinkedIn which prides itself in connecting professional for a better career. Highly disappointed! At least communicate that’s the least is expected from anyone.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at LinkedIn (Sunnyvale, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

One phone screen with two people where they asked 3 questions. This was a very positive experience and I hoped that(short and intelligent algorithms) should be the way to test your coding skills rather than a twisted integer permutation algorithm.

I was invited onsite and had to talk to 6 interviewers with two algorithms rounds. I did well in technical communication, system design, culture fit & team interaction rounds. Algo rounds are pretty confusing. One of the interviewers asked about how to find a squareroot of a given number and I came up with a couple of O(log n) solutions and picked the correct one and coded for it. He corrected few buggy lines and I think I made a positive impression. I am satisfied with this interviewer. But my second interview was pretty weird. Question was incomplete. We kept on changing the inputs whenever he felt like he missed to cover a case. I was so confused and by his last fill in the blanks of his own question finally I was clear on what he wants as the output. The solution is a loop of twisted integer permutations. As I was giving him my thoughts on the solution he kind of drove me to the solution which is to create N number of trees with integer permutations. It's a load balancer algorithm. I did my best to write down pseudo code for this algorithm as I didn't have enough time to code for this. I kind of wrote the string permutations algorithm and tried to modify it to the needs of this solution. Not sure how he accessed my skills by it. He barely has a couple of years of experience so I might not have made the cut if he made an academic level assessment of my solution. Still waiting to hear from the team but I am worried now about that final algo round otherwise an excellent interview process.

Interview Questions

• sqrt of a number to the nearest integer.   1 Answer
    • Given an array break it down into k subsets with each subset's sum equaling a constant M. For e.g. [4, 2, 1, 3, 2, 3, 5] and k=4 you should return true because that whole array can be broken down into {4,1}, {2,3}, {2,3}, {5} which equal to a sum of 5. Imagine how confused you would be if you are thinking on a solution and he forgot that last integer 5 in that array for about 10 minutes.   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.