MTU Aero Engines Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

MTU Aero Engines Interview Questions

Interviews at MTU Aero Engines

2.3

Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines.

Interview

I talked to different managers and group leads and they discussed the roles and responsibilities of each division. They asked a few questions about my resume and school projects. At the end, there was a casual talk with current employees.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with a situation where as part of the project management team, you find that a group isn't ready for a technical review happening in a few days?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocky Hill, CT (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Rocky Hill, CT (US)) in July 2019.

Interview

Three half-hour discussions with an HR Generalist, an Engineer, and an Engineering Manager.
    HR seemed focused on conveying culture and benefits, Engineer focused on projects and daily tasks, Manager focused on team structure and qualifications.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us what you did during this gap in your employment history.   Answer Question

Rotational Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines.

Interview

Met with three different members of various departments; Project Mangement, Human Resources, Analytics. Each session lasted half an hour, with a question and answer session with current employees (recent grads) to answer any questions we may have had. Company did a great job making sure we had something to eat or drink if needed, overall a very easy-going process.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where there was a problem with a member of a group you were a part of and how you went about the situation.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Hartford, CT (US)) in May 2013.

Interview

Hearded about 10 of us into a meeting room and had staff interact with us while individual managers grabbed each of us for interviews. Had 4 different interviews all in one day there.

Interview Questions

• Was I interested in a managerial track or technical.   1 Answer
    • Was asked about details on my resume - they closely looked at my college activities that were related to the job.   1 Answer

Working Student Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines.

Interview

One interview with the team leader ; she asked me few questions about my studies and my previous professional experiences and explained which day to day activities I would do (public affairs). She also presented me the whole team

Purchasing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin (Germany)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Berlin (Germany)) in January 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruitment agency where I had 2 telephone interviews basically to explain my experience, my motivations and also answer questions related to the job like how I conduct a negotiation, main aspects when dealing and developing suppliers and etc.
    After that they submitted my profile to MTU who scheduled a F2F interview in their factory close to Berlin.
    It was a 2 hours interview where the 1st 30' I'd to prepare a presentation based on specific situations like "how to deal when you have a quality issue from your current supplier on a Friday end of day", "You have 3 scenarios to negotiate a contract. Which one do you choose and why", "How do you negotiate with a sole source supplier", and after that you have to start your presentation to the Head of Purchasing, HR and Head of Engineering.
     After the presentation a lot of different questions related to the job. Nothing tricky

Simulation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in March 2018.

Interview

I’d an interview in the area of simulation for applying to my mandatory internship because of my university. At first sight it was a huge company so I had the feeling that I am like an ant in the whole building. But fortunately they were really kind and try as much as possible to help you. I had that internship and it was great. Thanks for all TEWT

Mechanical Programmer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Montreal, QC (Canada)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Montreal, QC (Canada)) in November 2014.

Interview

The whole interview only lasted 5 minutes. The interviewer asked very direct questions. He seemed to be interested in knowing if the candidate could easily adapt to the german work culture but also if he had sufficient technical and theoritical knowledge in both programming in propulsion engine.

Interview Questions

• If i had followed any classes in propulsion engines.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Munich, Bayern (Germany)) in January 2013.

Interview

It was in MTU near Karlsfeld, Munich. I only met and spoke with my supervisor. He was very frienly and relaxed. We mainly spoke about the content of my internship, what he is expecting from me etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your educational background.   4 Answers

Werkstudent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Munich, Bayern (Germany)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MTU Aero Engines (Munich, Bayern (Germany)).

Interview

Als Erstes ein kurzes Telefonat. Nur kurz und es ging eher um die zeitliche Verfügbarkeit für ein persönliches Interview. Dann wurde ich nach MUC eingeladen und hatte ein Gespräch mit dem Teamleiter und einem Mitarbeiter. Es war ein sehr freundliches und offenes Gespräch.

Interview Questions

• Was sollten wir über Sie wissen, was nicht im Lebenslauf steht?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.