Macfarlanes Interview Questions

Updated 9 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 17 of over 17 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Macfarlanes

Macfarlanes

Application

I interviewed at Macfarlanes

Interview

Nice experience, the interviewers were very friendly and willing to help with any questions I had. The coordinators were really helpful and gave me a prep call before so I knew what to expect from it.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Macfarlanes
    Answer Question

Macfarlanes

Application

I interviewed at Macfarlanes

Interview

Pretty straightforward, nice talking to the recruitment managers. The case study was very interesting to read it through and discuss with the partners. General introduction - interview with partners - written exercise - group negotiation

Interview Questions
  • What are your thoughts about xyz? Why do you want to become a solicitor?

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macfarlanes (London, England, England) in Jan 2021

Interview

It was relatively straight-forward. The interview is 40 mins in total: 20 mins in-tray exercise and 20 mins competency based Qs. The partner will challenge you about what you say for the in-tray so be sure to stand your ground.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macfarlanes (London, England, England) in Apr 2020

Interview

Difficult and thorough. They asked lots of questions which I didn't expect to be asked and asked for elaborate and well thought through answers. I still think that its not difficult to prepare just do your research

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macfarlanes (London, England, England) in Feb 2020

Interview

It was a half-day programme, consisting of group and individual activities. The group activity was the most difficult as there were some overbearing personalities. You were asked to write a letter to a client based on some facts you were given. Competency questions and analysing a document with two partners based on your commercial awareness

Interview Questions
  • Analysed the heads of an agreement? What is an indemnity? Why Macfarlanes? Which news story has interested you?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Macfarlanes (London, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied online - the application form was very long. I was then invited to attend as Assessment Day. This involved a group negotiation exercise, an in-tray exercise, a written exercise and a partner interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macfarlanes (London, England, England) in Jan 2020

Interview

The assessment centre started with a group negotiation exercise, followed by a timed written exercise. Then, we were sent to a room to read some contracts for a partner interview.

Interview Questions
  • Why Macfarlanes? How do you justify tax avoidance? Are you resilient?

Application

Interview

Day-long assessment day with various exercises in their office. Included a written exercise, interview, group negotiation, case study interview and lunch with trainees as well as a tour of the office.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macfarlanes (London, England, England) in Feb 2019

Interview

Group exercise + case study analysis with a partner and associate. You also get a tour of the office and an hour-ish shadowing with a current trainee at the firm.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England, England

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Macfarlanes (London, England, England) in Nov 2018

Interview

Very relaxed interview style with a partner and senior associate. No technical questions were asked whatsoever. Interview was more of a conversation to determine team fit. Interviewers spent a lot of time selling Macfarlanes as a place to work.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 17 Interviews