Macquarie Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find jobs for Administrative Assistant

Macquarie Group Administrative Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in February 2020.

Interview

Macquarie Group
#workingmother

So It happened to me for the first time.. or may be its the 1st time that I decided to acknowledge it and do something about it.
Well recently I decided to look for a new job. As a mother on 10 month old I had a few things in mind and was looking for a job which ticked all items on that list.
While talking to the consultants I ensured that the employer knows I am a mother and coming back to work after a break of 10 months (that includes my maternity leaves).
Finally I got an interview call from Macquarie Group (directly from company HR), during every interview round other than technical questions I was asked how do I plan to manage work and family.. my child. I answered all their questions patiently and did not mind counter questions. We also discussed about WFH facility and I was assured again and again by HR and interviewers that the Company do give facility of WFH (for day or two) on need basis. I cleared all the rounds and was offered a job (on call) but the offer letter was not issued as the signing authority was not available.
After a week or so, I got a call from HR that a third director wanted to discuss the role before they share the signed offer letter.
I was okay with it so a call was arranged, a female senior employee was on the call and the point that was discussed in depth was whether I will be able to manage the hectic job schedule with a baby in tow.. I believed that we were having a general conversation and replied politely that I have already made all the arrangements.. full time help.. my husband and father will support etc. and if need be I can WFH in case of emergency.
Post that call I receive another call from HR (or may be I called him) to inform that the director had concerns and believes that I will not be able to cope with the hectic work environment. At this point I got annoyed and actually more embarrassed. I told him that I am not able to understand the process and refuse to go into any further discussion which he happily accepted and thanked and disconnected my call.
This happened 1.5 to 2 months ago. Firstly I felt that unease that how can my capabilities be judged based on the fact that I am a mother. It would have been fine if he had mentioned even at that point that they found a better candidate but no he mentioned specifically that I would not be able to handle the hectic work schedule.
Its been weighing on me from past few weeks.. but finally I decided to share the experience. I hope it will make a difference.

Interview Questions

• How will you manage work and your child?   1 Answer

Macquarie Group Response

15 May 2020 – Macquarie Group

We’re sorry to read about your interview experience with Macquarie. We’re committed to providing an inclusive and bias-free recruitment process, as well as an inclusive working environment in which everyone receives the support they need to balance their work life and home life. We would welcome an opportunity to further discuss your feedback on the recruitment process and encourage you to email careers@macquarie.com so we can arrange a time to speak.

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Employee in Brisbane

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Brisbane) in January 2019.

Interview

Straightforward, but took a very long time to get my background check complete. Waited nearly 2 months. Had a phone interview, then a face-to-face, and finally a psychometric test. Got the offer one week later.

Interview Questions

• What are your interpersonal skills?   1 Answer

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

Everything was great about the interview process. It was very thorough.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.