Macquarie Group Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Macquarie Group Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

2.9

Analyst Interview

Interview

Got the first round interview through on campus recruiting and had a pretty straight forward fit interview along with several brain teasers. Went in for a super day following that, which consisted of some technical questions but also? More brain teasers.

Interview Questions

• Be prepared for brain teasers!   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. In-person interview.

My experience interviewing with Macquarie was overall pleasant. They tested my skills during the interviews, had me hand-write a few queries, and go over my resume/experience. The office was very formal and corporate, but the organization as a whole struck me as more relaxed than the typical finance firm.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

On campus recruiting like all other banks, then first round interviews on campus with a girl from HR or a relatively junior person, then took some ridiculously long assessment test, then final round superday at the company office (3-4 interviews, 30 min each). They did draw out the process a lot longer than I would have liked, but they gave me two weeks to decide and let me pick my start date the following summer.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work specifically at Macquarie? (didn't know much about the firm when I applied)   Answer Question

Negotiation

Standard analyst contract

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

Did campus recruiting. Two rounds. Fairly low-pressure. Asked a couple of brain-teasers and some fit questions. Didn't ask many technicals. First interview was with two analysts, then the super day had an interview with a VP and an MD, then another one with a VP.

Interview Questions

• What group I wanted to be in.   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Interview

On-campus interview, then put me up for a night in Le Parker Meridien, then a superday. Was exhausting but very nice group. They are interested in background and have a totally different culture than American bulge brackets. Very technical questions on valuation/ investment banking -- be sure to read your guides and be able to apply investment banking skills readily!

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two phone interviews, Psychometric Test, Several face to face interviews

Interview Questions

• How would you hedge credit risk?   1 Answer

Negotiation

some

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in August 2007.

Interview

2 phone call + 2 on-site +1 simple computer test, quite easy compared with other banks, just some behavioral and motivation questions

Quality of staffs and company culture are mediocre, but try to convince them that Macquarie will be your dedicated choice if hired

Interview Questions

Negotiation

This is a graduate job with a standard package, so they give me the offer one week after interview without much negotiation

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

Pretty long processing. Around a month. Sent resume online. They will make a phone interview, two personal interviews, and a psychometric exam. First interview was with two team leaders. Last interview was with a manager. Only contacts you through email and phone calls.

Interview Questions

• Why did you apply for this job. Where do you see yourself in five years   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

I got through to the first round of interviews, which seem to be a general values screen with an individual from HR. It was a really natural and pleasant experience.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Online tests, video interview, assessment centre consists of 2 45-min back-to-back interviews. There was a case study interview and a competency interview. I found the competency interview quite standard, and the case study was a bit hard for me. Make sure you prepare amply for technical questions.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.