Macquarie Group Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Macquarie Group Associate Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.4

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Technical test and 2 interviews. The test was accounting and finance based and then one interview was technical and the other interview was HR based abut they had a mix set of questions.

Interview Questions

• What is the best thing that you like about Macquarie?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2019.

Interview

Began with recruiter phone interview, moved on to interview directly with SVP. Was sent case study for a potential investment and asked to put a valuation on the asset based on publicly available materials ie 10-k, press releases, franchise agreement, etc. Scoring on this assessment was HIGHLY quantitative and original insights from the data were expected.

Interview Questions

• Explain a previous investment you made in your prior role and why it was particularly attractive to you   2 Answers

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Jacksonville, FL (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

The process took 14 weeks. By far the longest interview to hire of any firm I've experienced, but worth waiting and maintaining communications if the role is right for you. I had five interviews and the same Psychometrics Analysis. Every interview stage seemed to go better than the last, and while there were multiple weeks between communications or notice, I stayed on top of the application and finally received an offer.

Interview Questions

• Explain a stressful error or problem at your past workplace(s) and how you managed it   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interview process is very long and includes personality/logic/math test. Very unorganized. At least once the offer came in everything was pretty clear. This is to get my answer to the 30 word minimum.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I was called for an initial screening by an off-site hiring consultant. We spoke briefly about the position and to see if I was a good fit for the role and the company. After about five days or so, I was contacted by the hiring manager to meet in Manhattan for an interview with two members of the team.

I met with both gentlemen and we spoke briefly about the role and my desires that were geared toward this specific role. As an entry-level position with no real experience necessary, they did not delve into nor desire to hear much regarding my schooling nor my experience as a post-grad.

Given the position, I would have more than likely taken it, but I felt like I was not welcome very much from the beginning. My answers to their questions never really seemed quite up to snuff and I felt quite debased each time I answered. I've had a variety of different experiences on interviews, but I'd have to say, this wasn't the best one by any stretch.

Interview Questions

• Some experts and individuals within the industry say that the S&P 500 is overvalued, what are your thoughts on this? And why?   Answer Question
    • What is the square root of 10,000,000?   2 Answers
    • How many windows are in New York City?   1 Answer
    • Tell me something interesting about yourself. Tell me something interesting in general.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in August 2010.

Interview

was a good round of technocal interviews. Work seemed challenging

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New Delhi (India)) in August 2020.

Interview

very difficult process. went into the depth of ind as application which is not expected out of a fresher. felt like was giving the interview for a much senior level position and after that i got to know that they selected nobody out of 85 people being interviewed. do not really know what they expect from people

Interview Questions

• ind as based questions were there   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

I cleared the GD round and was able to reach the Interview round. I am was not knowing coding and they had not clearly specified the need of coding. But they were preferering whether one knows coding or not. So my interview was mainly HR type with some puzzles asked that are available on geeks for geeks like the 2 wire one

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

1. GD (Group Discussion)- this took place on our campus. candidates were shortlisted for next round.
    2. Interview 1- this revolved around my CV and programming skill.
    3. PA Test (Psychometric Assessment Test)- Logical Reasoning MCQ Questions.
    4. Calibration after Interview 1 and PA round- Final Selection.

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself? some question based on C++? (they were quite easy)
      questions will revolve around your CV.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in October 2018.

Interview

Phone interview - general questions about current role/salary and why you want to work for Macquarie and why you want this role
    Face to face interview - questions about your current role, lending experience, strengths/weaknesses etc.
    Psychometric assessment - done in person and takes around 1.5 hours (longest and hardest psychometric assessment ever done)

Interview Questions

• What two processes would you change at your current role and why?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.