Macquarie Group Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find jobs for Business Analyst

Macquarie Group Business Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2010.

Interview

Interviewed by 2 senior bankers and completed a psychometric exam on the computer, which is standard for all new Macquarie hires. The in-person interviews were pretty relaxed and seemed to focus more on overall fit rather than technical aspects. This is probably because Macquarie seeks to train its junior hires in its own way from the start.

Interview Questions

• None to think of. Fairly straightforward   1 Answer

Negotiation

Standard BA entry package, little to negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2010.

Interview

I went for a personal interview on campus with two Macquarie employees after meeting one of them at a campus Career Fair. They were both extremely friendly, and the interview was very relaxed. It was definitely more of a fit interview than technical. At one point, the interviewer I had met even guided me through a question. The day after, we were all required to take a 3 hour long personality/skills test. This was not mentioned during the interview so make sure you are aware that it is a requirement of ALL new Macquarie hires (including MDs) so you won't be able to get out of it. The second interview I had was a brief, 4 minute phone call. I was not required to travel to NY for this round. Great people, relaxed office and the work culture is unlike any other on the Street (especially if you are in infrastructure, where most people were not poached from other firms but spent their entire career at Macquarie).

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your considerations of an investment in a toll road in Mexico.   1 Answer
    • What would the balance sheet of the toll road look like?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The contract is standard and as a first year hire you won't be able to negotiate. The package is market and the salary increase for first years is definitely above market.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

I applied online, got an email that your application in progress. Then the recruiter called me to check the salary and other things and then got the interview in two days

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in July 2019.

Interview

The interview process was as described on Macquaire's career site. After going through 4 rounds and sending multiple chasers to HR I finally was told they have chosen an internal candidate after 8 weeks. The feedback was irrelevant so I asked again and never got an answer from them.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Phone interview, tests and interviews at office, if successful, interviews with a number of more senior staff. Met members of many different teams within the department, generally everyone wanted an overall view of markets and a stock or two

Interview Questions

• Market questions, brain teasers, opinions on investing in cash equities   Answer Question

Some members of staff really encouraging, some are downright rude and inappropriate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in February 2015.

Interview

Lots of questions about CV. Interviewers was very very cool and friendly but dived deep in my CV and asked hard on achievements. Nothing out of place but definitely more intense questions and length of interview than other jobs.

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in November 2014.

Interview

My interviews were all conducted remotely as I was in a different country to Australia and consisted of multiple phone interviews as well as online aptitude testing (numerical, written and logical reasoning tests). All the interviews were conducted over the telephone and not via Skype or videos - though this process is likely to not be the standard hiring process!

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in January 2014.

Interview

Standard hiring process, call up on the phone interview first, and a week later attended the first interview with team leader. Then booked in a accessement test, followed by another interview with the division manager. Now I have been informed they just completed the reference checking and further info will be known shortly.

Interview Questions

• Board competency based interview question, no drama.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in June 2013.

Interview

Graduate program (non internship pathway). Extremely long process, more than 10 interviews. With Macquarie, be persistent. It can take a while to find someone who will sponsor your hire. Some interviews were phone based and some in person.

Interview Questions

• Looking for an instant response - "what's 99 squared, right now?"   2 Answers

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)) in August 2012.

Interview

Phone Interview with HR - first round then was invited to second round meeting. haven't done it yet. HR is very nice and helpful.

Interview Questions

• What do you see your career path going? why you leaving current employer   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.