Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Macquarie Group Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.1

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interviewed in NYC office. Two back to back 30 min interviews. 1 behavioral and 1 technical
    Relaxed environment- 2 VPs and 2 MDs - all of which were supportive but asked a lot of follow up questions

Infrastructure Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

The interview consisted of a several steps - each step had a one-week turnaround time:
    - HR screen
    - Director level interview
    - Psychometric test in the office (the test in made up of Math, English, Pattern Recognition)
    - Model test on an infrastructure asset (the test lasted for hours and was very challenging)

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was difficult. It is investment banking, its going to be hard. Probably didn't get the job, but its okay because investment banking isn't for me. Started with mostly fit, then some technical.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer

Investment Banking Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Ann Arbor, MI (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

I applied online but got an interview through a referral. The guys who interviewed me on campus were very nice but clearly did not want to be there. Showed little interest in my answers but I think they were just more interested in the precise answers rather than conversing. Took several weeks to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Explain the prisoners' dilemma.   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

Interesting Process... first interview with HR, then a head department. After you complete a series of test, you'll be interviewed by a peer. that's where it gets difficult, because peers are really hard when interviewing candidates

Interview Questions

• Lots of technical questions... some of them hard to understand!   1 Answer

HR Coordinator Interview

Interview

Standard Interview. You start by being contacted by a recruiter, then enter an interview. If they like you, they'll ask for references and you'll take a job assessment to understand your skillset. Nothing too crazy.

Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Interview

Applied on their career site and received an email stating that they will schedule me for an phone interview. After 2 weeks, i don't receive any update about the schedule of the phone interview. I waited for nothing. Please improve your hiring process.

Junior Risk Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Process took 2 months. had a face -to-face interview, then same week was called in to take a psychometric and personality test, then approximately 2 weeks conducted interviews with four head people of the team (senior VP, President, MD and Senior Manager). By the way, it is made clear in the interview especially in the final round that you have to be Australian to get the job. Less chance of getting the position if you are a minority trust me. It was blatant in final round. It seemed they had exactly what they was looking for but allowed you to continue to waste your time in the interview of final round.

Interview Questions

• 1st round was simple, just needed to know your resume. Final round was tough . I know already I wasn't getting the position from the time the president entered the room and started to ask what my previous position had to do with risk analysis although the job post required experience of 0-2 yrs experience.   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX (US)).

Interview

30 minute phone interview with the hiring manager and one other person. Came onsite to do multiple interviews of about 30-60 minutes, mixture of hiring manager and others. Then several hour psychometric assessment test using browser onsite.

Junior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I applied by online and process took 3+ weeks. Interviews were fine and easy. First, I had a phone interview and 30 minutes on-site interview. I took their assessment test and was planned to meet with the Senior manager, but meanwhile, HR told me that they moved forward with candidates. They are kind, but once I didn't get hired, everyone disappeared and have not replied my email.