Macquarie Group Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.1

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Two rounds, one phone interview one super day. People are friendly and mostly behavioral questions. Superdays are two rounds. one behavioral one technical. They talk about their culture a lot and is pretty big on infrasturcture.

Macquarie Capital Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my business school's career center, received a first-round interview on campus. Was invited to take an online psychometric exam and afterward was invited to a super day at their New York office in September 2017. Standard technicals–mostly fit and behavioral questions.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in August 2017.

Interview

This was for the women's diversity program, which is part of MAC's accelerating recruiting scheme. I received the email asking for a phone screen when I was on my flight back to school so I had minimum time to prepare for it.

Interview Questions

• What are the multiples used in comps?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

90 minute phone call with Australia, 2 hour in person interview, 3 hour general education test.

The timed IQ tests I consider silly unless you're coming out of school... Other than that it's a pretty standard process. A little bit easy as they don't ask you to complete a project (which I personally consider the best coding assessment you can give someone)

Interview Questions

• Implement a Queue with two stacks   1 Answer
    • What is the run time for a queue and dequeue operation   1 Answer

IT Support Analyst - Trade Floor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

Saw posting on Macquarie website, and applied. Got an email a few weeks later, asking me to come in for interview consisting of real-time technical support scenarios, and a 5 minute presentation of a topic of my choice & how it can be applied to Macquarie. Went in for the interview, and did the scenarios & presentation. Got a response back a few days later, asking me to come back in for final round interview. Did a psychometric exam, consisting of math, verbal, and personality questions. I then met with most of the team, and answered various technical, situational, and personality questions.

Interview Questions

• What do you do if a Head Trader comes to you and says he can't log on to his machine, a group of traders come to with an OMS system down issue, and another trader coming to you with a printer issue? All of them at the same time.   Answer Question

Incident Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Phone call with managers, if you pass then another manager interview with Australian manager, then personality test.

They will not give the courtesy email on process updates. This was 2nd time interviewing with Macquarie, Their NYC HR recruiter promised to respond if declined. Both times they refused to respond to polite inquiries. First time I made it thru interviews and invited to take their version of a personality test, but employee referral quit so assumed I was blackballed.
    I was invited 2 years later to interview after another employee referred me, but since I was associated to someone that quit I assume it happened again after I did my phone interview.

Interview Questions

• review prior work experience and how it applies to the position   1 Answer

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

First I got a phone interview and in person interview at Philadelphia location. First they tested the programming skills in SQL and C#.

Then interviewed with business analyst and finally senior management interviewed checked out whether you fit to the position.

Interview Questions

• Database SQL about union of two tables as well as SQL Plans that get generated for various options.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with 2 recruiters and was mostly behavioral with a brain teaser. There were a couple technical questions but it wasn't meant to be intimidating. Then there was a long online assessment which included logic and math portions. After that I was invited to participate in an onsite interview in New York. There were 2 interviews with 2 interviewers each. Interview was part behavioral and part technical.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

After resume sent in by friend, got a first round phone screen.
    No technical questions. Mostly resume related questions. I've previously completed an internship in equity research, so got questions on content and methods of reports I contributed.
    Interviewer works in LevFin, so a lot of market related questions.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX (US)) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied on their careers site and was contacted by the recruiter. She was very humble, cooperative and patient in scheduling the interviews.
    They offered me the job, but because Macquarie is not e-verified and I have to definitely work for an e-verified company; they revoked the offer. The HR dealing with the offer was so much helpful and tried his best to get me on to the team. (Lost the opportunity only because of their global policy to not do the e-verification and I must work for an e-verified / federal verified employer).

The process took 6+ weeks and there was ample time to prepare for the next round.

The First round was with the Director and Associate Dir. (1 Hour). It was more of HR related questions: Why would you like to join Macquarie? How did your interest grow in networking through the years? Tell me about yourself? (You can take good amount of time explaining your experience)

Next round was with Sr. Manager and Associate Dir (from New york office). This was more of technical. EIGRP, OSPF, Palo Alto, situational questions on Firewall.

Next was an assessment test which was for 3.5-4 hours. This is more likely to test your personality and your ability in solving the problems. Logical, Verbal, Quantitative and Personality development questions. Just do whatever you can and don't worry about the result. They won't reveal the score or anything. It's just for their assessment purposes (If you get selected, this might play some role in determining your perks / salary / etc. by the HR).

They called me in for the last round (except for the 1st one, remaining all were through video conference at Houston office). The two interviewers were from Australia. Sr. Manager and Director. This was a bit HR and mostly technical. Focused on situational questions. Both the interviewers were very humble and helpful throughout the interview.
    Ask a lot of questions about the team, their future projects and how you could contribute to them.

Got the unofficial offer 10 days later. And revoked the offer 3 weeks later, because of the reason mentioned above.

Thanks,

Interview Questions

• Situational questions on EIGRP, OSPF, Firewall, toughest project handled and what was the approach / thought process   1 Answer