Macquarie Group Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Macquarie Group Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.4

Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group in October 2014.

Interview

Initial communication from internal recruiter via email. Interview scheduled promptly. Process was extremely professional. I was interviewed by two attorney-managers who were prompt and courteous and clear. There was no pre-screening. Interviews lasted roughly 30 minutes and were conducted in a prompt and professional manner. A pre-screening interview with the recruiter probably would have made sense in context.

Interview Questions

• Interviewer believed the job was "below" my qualifications and asked questions around that issue. The question wasn't difficult, but the expectation wasn't clear prior to the interview, hence it was surprising.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in October 2019.

Interview

2 Stage interview process in addition to a psychometric test. Initial interview with hiring manager and another director.
    Interviews were not overly technical and more focused but on situational based questions.

Interview Questions

• Situation when had a conflict in work and how it was resolved   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

Two interviews with two pairs of interviewers plus psychometric testing. Very organised meetings and knowledgeable interviewers. Professional and well organised and held in the impressive London office. Questions were competency and cultural fit based questions.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in March 2019.

Interview

Their application process is very loooooong. But just persevere, there is a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

It will start with HR phone interview, then they'll invite you to come to the office for a technical exam and technical interview. Then the PO or Technical Lead might also want to interview you via Skype call in the office. Then the group's Associate Director, also on site. Then come back for a Psychometric Exam. Etcetera, there's still a long list after this.

Interview Questions

• What is your most difficult project and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in November 2018.

Interview

Was meant to be two interviews, but ended up being three due to one of the interviewer's absence. Also had to sit through a rigorous psych test. They also required my existing manager's reference after I got an offer.

Interview Questions

• Focused on experience with technology.   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in April 2016.

Interview

Basic Interview process involves:
    Psychometric Test and IQ Test
    Functional Interview
    Director Level Interview
    HR Discussion
    final Offer and negotiation
    Background Check and Offer Acceptance
    Documents submission
    Joining the job
    Induction and work continues with meeting team members and onsite leads.

Interview Questions

• Projects that I have been part of.
      Fundamental Knowledge of Financial Products   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Sydney

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in January 2016.

Interview

Interesting and intensive interview, two senior managers asked a lot of questions, both technical and behaviour questions, the interview lasts 45 minutes and crossed all areas of my resume, the preparation of the interview is very important.

Interview Questions

• Why do you leave your last job?   2 Answers

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Round 1: Two people, one of whom would be the person you'd work under.
    Discussion of relevant experience, CV, projects I worked on.
    I've worked on a project similar to the one required for this role, so we discussed that.
    Questions like why do you want to leave, why Macquarie, etc.

Round 2: much more Senior guys, one of whom runs the global division, so that was interesting. Another panel interview. Similar questions, with the exception of a few, as below.

Interview Questions

• Where have you made a mistake recently that you would now do differently?   1 Answer
    • What do you think are Macquarie's strengths & weaknesses?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Manila, Manila (Philippines)) in June 2013.

Interview

hr interview via phone, hiring manager interview, then psychometric exam, then senior manager and director interview, background check and then verbal offer, actual job offer, contract signing, overall it took around 6 weeks

Interview Questions

• describe situations where you exhibited certain skilss   1 Answer

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gurgaon, Haryana (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Gurgaon, Haryana (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

Long Process takes around 1-2 months ,overall experience was fine.Discussion was done in 3 phases , final round was conducted from Sydney. NO clarity on their requirement , HR was also not responding about feedback.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.