Macquarie Group Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Macquarie Group Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in December 2018.

Interview

Behavioral interview- Some Brain Teasers
Some gk questions the usual suspects
Technical round - had to clear a technical challenge first
Then came the tech stack questions
Finally psychometric analysis
Its a multiple choice questionnaire

Interview Questions

• Tell us about how you overcame a mismatch of opinions with your boss   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

90 minute phone call with Australia, 2 hour in person interview, 3 hour general education test.

The timed IQ tests I consider silly unless you're coming out of school... Other than that it's a pretty standard process. A little bit easy as they don't ask you to complete a project (which I personally consider the best coding assessment you can give someone)

Interview Questions

• Implement a Queue with two stacks   1 Answer
    • What is the run time for a queue and dequeue operation   1 Answer

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Houston, TX (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process was quite hectic and time consuming. Wished I have read reviews about this company's interviews before going. This company more or less play around with people's time. They interviewed me for a technical screening for about 45 minutes when they showed me a demeanor that I didn't get it. I told the recruiter I don't see a point of going forward they sounded unimpressed and that's fine I can look somewhere else. After the recruiter talked with hiring manager, she came back to me telling me that they want me to take a test of an hour. The test took 2 hours to finish which were mostly asking about difference between older technologies and newer ones, tracing questions and programming concepts. After finishing the test, one can't get hold of the results since macquarie owns the results, they asked to meet up with me. In going there, it was another set of technical interviews. The hiring manager who interviewed me at first didn't ask any different questions than the ones he first interviewed me weeks before. I was shocked that I found there's nothing new he wanted to find out along with his demeanor that I didn't make sense (which also the recruiter told me that the hiring manager is weird), after that two other developers came to interviewe me to white board things, as if no one looked at my test i put before that interview. They asked me to write code and kept asking me how certain technologies work, questions were asked in a very vague manner and didn't seem that they had the questions organized.
    Two days later, the recruiter contacted me to tell me that they said I am good in problem solving and analysis but not in hands on coding.
    Absurd, I already code daily in my life even through my weekends. Waste of time. Look somewhere else. Interviewing in tests and exams has become an overstretch in the software field and doesn't make sense most of the questions at times.

Interview Questions

• Draw to us diagrams of current project you are working on.
      (based on my current project contract I should not expose most of the architectures that I work on.) Interviewers should know this question is not legit.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Philadelphia, PA (US)) in November 2016. Fairly pleasant experience overall, however I received a better offer which I opted to take.

Interview Questions

• First I got a phone interview and in person interview at Philadelphia location. First they tested the programming skills in Java and SQL.

Then interviewed with business analyst and finally senior management interviewed checked out whether you fit to the position.   1 Answer

See above.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in April 2011.

Interview

I met with them on campus. I talked with them briefly and was invited to an interview on location, with about 5 other candidates on site. Overall, the employees were laid back and the experience was fun.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe my previous technical experiences, as well as code up some simple C functions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in July 2010.

Interview

I apply at June , and got the phone interview notice after one month.
    they said wanna set up the phone interview with me.
    It is the first round phone interview, and the recruiter was very nice, very patient.
    all the asking question is about H R question
    like.... why

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2009.

Interview

I got the interviews for this role through a staffing agency.
    The process consisted of a very difficult online programming skills test, a phone interview on past experiences, written test ( 3 hours) based on design and coding which was not very difficult, an in person interview with 3 individuals asking technical, programming questions and knowledge about the products, followed by phone interview to speak with members situated outside of New York City.

At this point I already received an offer from another company and so ended the interview process here. But as far as I know there would be a couple more steps before the final decision would be made:
    A Psychometric test and interview with senior management.

My overall impression of this company is good. Though the process had been lengthy it was well organized. The interviewers were knowledgable and were very excited about what they do. They were also very transparent about what the role was and what I would be expected to do. It was a very close-knit, positive work culture.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Went through a 2 rounds of interviews. Recruiter asked if I could send through a detailed review of the interview process (said it could help my chances of getting hired). Sent it through and never heard a peep from anyone.
    Waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Just general developer interview questions. Did a live coding test with one of the developers there. He asked me a couple of questions in addition.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Sydney) in May 2020.

Interview

Application:
    I saw the job posting on LinkedIn and applied. The JD was very generic. I got a call from recruiter, and interview was scheduled. There was not much info provided what the interview would look like.

Interview:
    There were two interviewers(daunting). It seemed they had not gone through my resume at all. The role involved front end development too, which is not my forte, and the interview went downhill after that.

Interview Questions

Macquarie Group Response

5 Jun 2020 – Macquarie Group

We’re sorry to read about your interview experience with Macquarie. We appreciate the time you have taken to meet with our team and are committed to ensuring our candidates have access to all the information they need prior to an interview. We also aim to ensure our interviewers provide a good experience for our candidates. We would appreciate an opportunity to further discuss your feedback and encourage you to email careers@macquarie.com so we can arrange a time to speak with you.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Makati City (Philippines)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (Makati City (Philippines)).

Interview

First you take a written test (multiple choice). You might need to brush up on old Java because company uses old version. Also there are personality assessment questions.
    Once you pass, you meet the manager who will ask you some technical questions. Questions are very basic Java principles. Nothing too difficult. This is just to prove that you do know Java

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.