Macquarie Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Macquarie Group Summer Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Macquarie Group

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

First round interview with 2 associates from the group I said I was interested in. The first round interview had basic resume questions followed by pretty basic technical questions and some brainteasers. I then got a 4 part assessment - it was kind of tough and you had to think very quickly for each question. Just got notified of a superday.

Interview Questions

• Walk through of resume. Why Macquarie? How do value a company? Which methodology generates a higher valuation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Macquarie Group

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

your normal online apps followed by phone. Attended diversity networking event before the in person interview. Didn't network before the event. Employees very nice and helpful. Also very responsive when you reach out after getting the offer.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Two thirty minute interviews with some technicals. Overall had a great experience and the interview was chill. I ended up interviewing for their Philly office for a summer analyst position and was extended an offer, which I accepted.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your previous internship experience.   1 Answer

Summer Analyst Interview

Interview

You apply then they will send you an Aptitude tests (numerical, verbal reasoning, reading) > superday offer (consists of two 30mins interview) The process was pretty fast. From applying to interviewing took less than 2 weeks

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Macquarie Group.

Interview

Interviewed in NYC office. Two back to back 30 min interviews. 1 behavioral and 1 technical
    Relaxed environment- 2 VPs and 2 MDs - all of which were supportive but asked a lot of follow up questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

The interview process was difficult. It is investment banking, its going to be hard. Probably didn't get the job, but its okay because investment banking isn't for me. Started with mostly fit, then some technical.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite book?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in November 2016.

Interview

Had an on-campus interview with 2 recruiters and was mostly behavioral with a brain teaser. There were a couple technical questions but it wasn't meant to be intimidating. Then there was a long online assessment which included logic and math portions. After that I was invited to participate in an onsite interview in New York. There were 2 interviews with 2 interviewers each. Interview was part behavioral and part technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

First an on campus interview, followed by an online assessment. Then I was invited superday at the office in which I met the other analysts. Last step was a phone interview. All the analysts were friendly and nice, seems like a great place to work at.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

There was a phone interview be prepared for a whole bunch of brain teaser questions, they want to test how well prepared you are. So practice as much as possible all the brain teasers and mental math you can think of. Google brain teasers. Be prepared for some finance questions as well.

Interview Questions

• A lily pad grows so that each day it doubles its size (area). On the 20th day of its life, it completely covers the pond. On what day of its life was the pond half covered?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Macquarie Group (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied through on-campus recruiting and received a first-round interview. Two people in the Credit department interviewed me. The questions were mainly behavioral with a little emphasis on current economic conditions. They were very friendly and offered information about their roles. They asked me to run them through my resume. They asked about my interest in Macquarie and the specific department.

Interview Questions

• What kind of skills have you gained from previous work experiences that would be useful for this job?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.