Mars Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Mars Interview Questions

Interviews at Mars

3.1

Tax Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Applied through email by sending my resume to the manager. I received an email back and we set up a call. The initial call was laid back and I was asked to talk about myself. Afterwards an in person interview was set up which was more difficult and I went through multiple rounds of people on the team.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a conflict with a coworker and how did you handle it   Answer Question

ASM Interview

Interview

I had video call that had 3 stages to go through, completed background check. the only part that was finding a verifier for my documents and to validate who I am.

Operator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

It was a phone interview and they put it out about a week. After every question I would answer to the fullest of my ability and the interviewer would kind of.....push me in a direction. Not like “can you expand further on that?” or ask certain things that needed clarification. It’s like they wanted me to say certain things. Was pretty odd. Also felt like she might have been talking to someone beside her or something. There were long drawn out pauses before she’d say anything and almost like she muted her audio then she’d come back on the call. Then she straight up told me I didn’t have enough experience (even though I have everything the ad said and more) and said she’d “push me through” to the next round. Thanks? Was a really odd and awkward interview. Took about 3 whole weeks before I heard anything and they turned me down through an email.

Interview Questions

• What are things I have fixed before and how did I go about trouble shooting it and fixing it.   Answer Question

Mars Response

29 May 2020

Hi, and thank you for taking the time to leave a detailed review of your interview experience. We appreciate all feedback, positive and constructive. We always try to make our recruitment processes as transparent as possible, and so we'll be passing your comments on to the relevant hiring departments and letting them know your thoughts. Thanks again and good luck in your search.

Category Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars in May 2020.

Interview

The interview was done via Skype with A panel of two. The interview was very structured. The questions asked were mainly situational/behavioral rather than focused on skill set for the position. Overall experience was positive.

Interview Questions

• What is something you have done outside of your comfort zone?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

I interviewed with them for a Finance internship after meeting them at a career fair at my university. It was very pleasant and upbeat and they seemed to really care about what was best for my future! They were very easy to talk to and wanted to know what I was passionate about and what drives me to want to make a difference in the world. This was the interview I enjoyed the most out of all my internship opportunities!

Interview Questions

• What have you learned in your undergrad career that you believe will help prepare to for an internship in the finance department of Mars?   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mars.

Interview

Met at campus recruiting, nice guys we hit it off right away and I interviewed on campus the next day. Received offer after 3 weeks. Lost touch in between but was pleasantly surprised with generous offer after the third week.

Team Member Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burr Ridge, IL (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Burr Ridge, IL (US)) in March 2020.

Interview

Good and easy very direct and they make you feel comfortable and share experiences. Two people interview you and give you time and respectfully give you a chance to ask to reread any question during the interview.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mars (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Pretty straightforward, behavioral questions and why want to work there. The employee doing the interview was very nice and didn't ask difficult questions. Great culture that be sure to emphasize in the interview

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mars (Nashville, TN (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I applied online and had a phone screen with recruiter, then another with the hiring manager, then Skype interview with hiring manager and another team member. Mars is a really great company, the people I spoke with were all great, and I asked the interviewers for feedback on my qualifications at the end of my Skype interview and they had very helpful feedback. I am a little miffed because they ended up hiring an internal candidate, which seemed to be what they wanted in the first place given the state of the current project. I don't understand why they would get my hopes up and even interview external candidates when they had pretty much already decided their needs required an internal candidate. I would certainly apply to Mars again, and would love an opportunity to work there, I just wish they wouldn't waste the time of external candidates if they would rather hire internally.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you are able to handle working on a team with people who you might not like   Answer Question

Interview

Provided a case study for me that I was to present in the interview - followed by several competency based questions. The case study is typical for any manager level or higher.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.