McGladrey LLP Tax Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

McGladrey LLP is now known as RSM. Effective Oct. 26, 2015, McGladrey united with fellow members of our global network under the common brand name RSM. RSM US LLP is the leading provider of audit, tax and consulting services focused on the middle market, with more than 8,000 people in 80 offices nationwide.

McGladrey LLP Tax Associate Interview Questions

2.3

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Irvine, CA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. After passing phone interview invited to interview with 3 different people at the Irvine office. Interview lasted approx 30 min per person. interviewers want to see how you are as a person because they will be working long hours with you. be sure to sound passionate about position you applied for and emphasize you could work long hours during tax season. I interviewed with a sr and two managers. No technical accounting question asked. Have a list of questions you could ask them to show interest.

Interview Questions

• why tax? Why accounting? What classes did you like? Some questions were behavior.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for McGladrey LLP

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

The interview is very laid back. They want to know about who you are and what you want to accomplish if you joined their team. There were two 30-minute 'interviews' that were all about talking to an associate and a partner about the company. They did not ask too many 'interview' questions.

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP.

Interview

The first step consisted of a half hour on campus interview which was very conversational. The second step of the process was at the local firm where they had a presentation by HR, presentation by the Partners, a Q & A session, and team-building activities where you were observed by the rest of the staff.

Interview Questions

• What is one of the biggest challenges you've had to face to date?   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview after I applied it through campus. General questions were very straight-forward. My interviewer asked why choose the company, pretty laid back. Other questions were behavioral questions trying to know my personality and working habits. My interviewer was really nice and the conversation was quite casual.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Recruited from campus. First round was on campus and then went in for an office visit where I met with 3 different people from the company for 30-minute interviews each.

Interview Questions

• Very Conversational. Easy going. They just want to get to know you and your personality to make sure you're a good fit for the company.   Answer Question

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Philadelphia, PA (US)).

Interview

Met with three separate people two partners and a manager, they asked me several questions about myself and why I wanted the job, they were very friendly and the questions were very easy.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to pursue tax?   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2015.

Interview

very laid back, mostly conversational and not many behavioral questions. If you can hold a conversation you should be good. they are seeing if you can get along with people and if you would be a good fit in their culture.

Interview Questions

• What does "team" mean to you   1 Answer

Negotiation

didnt negotiate

Tax Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP in October 2015.

Interview

The location I applied for had a great office environment. I had two interviews which lasted a little over an hour (total). It felt like we were having a conversation rather than an interview. They wanted to get to know me and see if my character would be a fit for their team. We found common interests and carried conversations through that. My suggestion is to research the company and ask as many questions as you can. That way you can get a better understanding if they're a great fit for you, and vice-versa. After the interview was over, I was given a quick tour of the office and an opportunity to meet other employees. Everyone was really nice and welcoming. A week later, HR emailed me my acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself.   1 Answer

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Raleigh, NC (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I received an interview through on-campus recruiting. It was basically just a conversation with the interviewer. We did a basic resume walk through and then he asked me what I liked to do in my free time. No behavioral questions at all and nothing difficult. I received a rejection email a few days from the recruiter a few days later.

Tax Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Davenport, IA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at McGladrey LLP (Davenport, IA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Went to Pathways Program which was a 2 day program of exploring the company on the first day with panel discussions and department briefings. The second day was three rounds of 30-minute interviews.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.