MediaMath Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

MediaMath Interview Questions

Interviews at MediaMath

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was good overall. HR process could be improved. However, the team was great to talk to. Overall interview process took about a month. It could take less time.

Product Manager Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

I was contacted by the HR a day after I submitted my resume online. The process moved very fast even during holiday season. I spoke with the hiring manager on the phone and went in for an in person interview with four different interviewers two weeks later. I was extended the offer after a final phone call with the hiring manager.

Client Services Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

1) Call interview with Director of Talent Acquisition
    2) Call interview with Director of Client Services
    3) In-person interview with members on the Client Services & Trading teams
    4) In-person presentation interview round
    5) Final in-person interview with Director of Client Services

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at MediaMath.

Interview

- Call with the Director of Talent
    - Call with a Team Member (In my case, it was with my future manager)
    - In-Person Interview (I met with 4 different people)
    - Presentation

Everyone I spoke with was super passionate about what they do, the people they work with and the company itself. They were also very informative about the role and open to answering all questions I had. It was a great and transparent experience!

Technical Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (Raleigh, NC (US)) in February 2020.

Interview

First phone screen with Recruiting, then initial phone screen with team, then 2-3 follow up interviews with team and leaders who are hiring. Finally a thorough background check with calling and talking to 2 references, one of who had to be a past supervisor.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in January 2020.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone screen with a member from the Talent Acquisition team. The second step was a 30 minute call with the Analytics Lead, mostly talking about your resume and experience. Following this was a technical take-home assignment which contained both a Python and SQL portion. After the team reviewed the techinical assignment, the last step would be an on-site interview to create a powerpoint presentation on the results of the assignment and present it to the members of the Analytics team.

Interview Questions

• Why Mediamath?   Answer Question
    • Techincal: SQL coding, Writing a python script to resolve a potential data QA problem   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with a difficult client/multiple urgent data requests?   Answer Question

Director Solutions Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (San Francisco, CA (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I was asked illegal questions during the in person interview which was the final stage. These questions were asked by the VP who is the hiring manager for the role.

The rest of the team seemed very nice but the office did lack diversity.

The interview process was very lengthy: technical brief of multiple pages, 60 minute presentation, video conference with everyone on the team.

They really string you along.

Interview Questions

• What's your ethnicity? What about your parents? But where are your parents really from.   1 Answer

MediaMath Response

26 Feb 2020 – Manager, HR Business Partner

Thank you for providing your feedback. While our culture generally lends itself to friendly conversation, we do not tolerate any sort of conduct that might imply that we consider factors during the employment process that are discriminatory on any legally recognized basis. MediaMath has always been and will continue to be committed to entirely equal opportunity employment. After hearing your feedback, we have required that the entire interview panel for this role attend comprehensive interview training, and we will take all necessary steps in order to prevent this from happening in the future.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

I had an initial phone interview scheduled with someone from the recruiting team. They ended up completely ghosting me and did not call at all. I waited for about half an hour before sending a follow-up if we would be having a call that day. No response unfortunately.
    It is really unprofessional to totally just leave candidates in the dark like this. It is unacceptable. People take time out of their day to have interviews. The least they can do is send an honest email even if they're saying that they're no longer hiring for this position.

Interview Questions

• No call. So no questions unfortunately.   1 Answer

Client Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (New York, NY (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

I had a great interview experience! Initially, I was approached by the Director of Talent Acquisition on LinkedIn and scheduled a phone call to speak about the position/salary/etc. Next, I had another call with an employee on the Client Services team to learn more specifics about the position and if I would be a good fit at MediaMath. The woman who interviewed me was patient and open to answering any questions I had. The third interview was a 2 hour in-person meeting with 4 employees. This is when I was able to learn more about the structure of client services and get to know who I would be working with. Lastly, I visited the office for a mock presentation. This was challenging, but a great opportunity to practice my public speaking skills in front of the team. It was a simulation that I can see benefitting me greatly in my future at MediaMath. I think the best part of my interview process was the transparency and kindness from HR and Talent Acquisition. MediaMath clearly cares about the people who work at the organization, which differentiates them from other prospects.

Site Reliability Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at MediaMath (Chicago, IL (US)) in December 2019.

Interview

MediaMath had a total of 3 interviews. The first two were screening interviews to check for my interest in the company and overall competency. This went well. The final interview was a 3 on 1 technical interview. The technical interview was digging into more what I've done than what I know. There wasn't quiz questions like 'What's the difference between a dict/list in python' since it was on my resume - rather the interviewers were interested in the scale of deployments I had conducted.

Interview Questions

• How many servers have you deployed code to with a single trigger?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.