Mediaocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Mediaocean Interview Questions

Interviews at Mediaocean

Assistant Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied via an online job posting. Was contacted relatively quickly by an internal recruiter. Had a 30 minute phone interview, and I followed by immediately completing the cognitive assessment (50 questions in 15 minutes). A weekend passed and was asked to do another 30 minute session along with another cognitive assessment (this time via Skype).

Asked to come in for a face-to-face with who would be the direct supervisor. Felt the interview session went well, relatively straightforward session. Treated more as a meeting to get to know the candidate and get detail about their experience.

Was told that the process would be completed by end of May at latest. The issue I had with the process stems from not getting responses to my follow up attempts (2 emails a week apart, along with a voicemail left for the internal recruiter). It is acceptable if a company is no longer interested in a candidate; however, it is professional courtesy to inform them of this or provide an update (especially if the candidate has reached out multiple times for an update).

Interview Questions

• "What is your management style? Which management style works best for you?"   Answer Question

Junior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn. Got a call from recruiter in a day, then scheduled a technical phone interview about 3-4 days later. It covered basic java questions (Just google top java interview questions and read those).

Then got an invite to the Manhattan Office for an onsite interview. It involved a 1 hr test involving general java coding, then a technical interview involving basic java and sql fundamentals. Then met the director and discussed the position and work the team was into.

Got the offer next day. In all a very cool and calm interview process, I particularly enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Reverse linked list, Questions based on sql joins and aggregations.   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

The gal I interviewed with was very helpful and made the interview process very pleasurable. Provided concise answers to all of my questions and made Mediaocean like a productive but fun environment at the same time

Interview Questions

• Q: Name one time you had to work in a team with someone you did not like? How did you deal with it?   1 Answer

Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean in October 2016.

Interview

I applied for an opening via the Mediaocean website as well as Linkedin. I received an email 24 hours later stating the following "Thank you for your interest and congratulations for making it to the next step in our hiring process! Having reviewed your career history we are pleased to extend you an invitation to complete 2 pre-employment assessments." One was a personality assessment and the other was a cognitive test. I was rather pleased and although I found it strange to ask me to complete an online personality test, I obliged.
    I took the two tests online. The personality test required you to choose one of the following answers: "Always," "Almost Always," "Never," and "Almost Never." The questions were ridiculous, such as the following: "If something goes wrong in your life, you only have yourself to blame," and "Other people's opinions of me are always positive," and "I was outgoing and always kept up socially in high school." There were 88 questions similar to those.
    48 hours later I received the following email: "Thank you for your time and interest with Mediaocean. After reviewing your resume, your application, and the test results, we have decided to move forward with other candidates."
    OK Mediaocean..... You reviewed my resume, you were pleased with it, and as a result you asked me to take two online tests. Somehow, after the two tests, you reviewed my resume AND my test results, and that prompted you to move in another direction? So which is it? Because you clearly stated you were pleased with my resume when you moved me to step two in the process, but then after I presumable "failed" your personality test, you no longer found my resume up to par.
    I have to be honest here, I apply for many jobs that I may not exactly be qualified for, but take a chance anyway, and understand if the company wants to go in another direction. However, this job with Mediaocean was right up my alley. I easily met the core qualifications, the minimum requirements, and 100% deserved a chance to interview for this position. I was both saddened and flabbergasted that this company used an online personality test with a computerized algorithm to place me in a specific box and deem me not worthy enough for their company.
    This process is demeaning, impersonal, and insulting. I somehow felt personally rejected without even having the opportunity to speak with a real human being. I am disappointed in not having been given a real chance at this job, despite my solid resume and background, and I believe Mediaocean lost a great candidate due to their own foolish methods. To add insult to injury, I also realized their screening process is done by a woman in Chicago, even though the job is located in Manhattan. Impersonal would be an understatement.
    Looking for jobs and interviewing over the past 6 months has been an exhausting process, as most people know, and its a full time job looking for a new job...but somehow this short process with Mediaocean has been one of the worst, most demeaning experiences of them all

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

One personality test, one math, reading, and writing exam (together), followed by a skype interview where you redo your exams again, and then a 30 minute phone interview with hiring manager

Senior QA Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean in May 2012.

Interview

Interview process is very straight forward. First round is a technical test.Second round face to face or telephonic. Third round is HR round
    As per the interview, HR release offer.
    Salary negotiations happens. Had a good time going through all the processes.
    HR and admin staff is supportive.
    Interviewers are very good

Interview Questions

• All technical testing concepts.
      Manual as well as automation.
      Simple Database queries   1 Answer

Senior QA Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mediaocean in July 2014.

Interview

Good interview process. there are 3 rounds of interview and are not very difficult. it is majorly about your knowledge and understanding of processes.
    the questions are not extremely grilling. interviewers are warm and smiling people. they don't make you feel bad about not knowing certain things in an interview

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY (US)) in March 2011.

Interview

The HR Interview was easy....all basic questions. The Technical round was mostly about the automation tools and scripting with mainframe experience. In SQL, Joins and Having clause was questioned. Be prepared to write a personality test and computer test on the day of Interview. There are totally 3 rounds - Phone Technical screening; HR Round; Again QA Manager Technical screening; Product/QA Director Interview is the final round.....All the BEST!

Interview Questions

• Sql - Joins, Automation - what scripting language with a small test on computer.   Answer Question

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

the interview process can consist of a panel of people and a couple of different departments, human resource has extensive interview process/screening before . The last interview is usually by an executive. Sometimes interview will have a test, depends on the position. All programming jobs will have a test for that particular technology. QA Analysts can have a test as well,to show how you can analyze the requirements and write some test cases.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

This was my first time encountering an 'IQ' assessment of sorts, and honestly I should have backed out immediately. There was a lot of up front investment of time on my part (two 15 min assessments, phone screen while re-taking IQ test as HR watches on Skype), and once in the office nobody seemed to know anything about me. Seemed like HR was really on their game, except for this strange assessment process which seems unnecessary for someone with my qualifications, but truly the team I met with was aloof and seemed uncaring. Work better to make candidates feel valued, even if the fit/timing isn't right this time around. Based on interviewing at 10+ companies in the last year - strangest experience with a company so far, but given the other glassdoor reviews, not sure where this company is heading with their people strategy.