Mediaocean Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Mediaocean Interview Questions

Interviews at Mediaocean

Documentation Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

I applied online via Glassdoor/Indeed and received an email from the Mediaocean recruiting team to have a phone interview with a recruiter. Once that was done, I was asked to take two assessments: cognitive and behavioral. After I passed the exam, I had a Skype interview with the same recruiter, and I had to re-take the cognitive assessment while on the video call. After that, I was brought on-site to meet with the hiring manager. I had another interview on a separate day with the head of the department. Shortly after, I received an offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you build relationships?   1 Answer
    • What is your content creation process?   1 Answer

QA Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

the interview process can consist of a panel of people and a couple of different departments, human resource has extensive interview process/screening before . The last interview is usually by an executive. Sometimes interview will have a test, depends on the position. All programming jobs will have a test for that particular technology. QA Analysts can have a test as well,to show how you can analyze the requirements and write some test cases.

Finance/Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)).

Interview

This was my first time encountering an 'IQ' assessment of sorts, and honestly I should have backed out immediately. There was a lot of up front investment of time on my part (two 15 min assessments, phone screen while re-taking IQ test as HR watches on Skype), and once in the office nobody seemed to know anything about me. Seemed like HR was really on their game, except for this strange assessment process which seems unnecessary for someone with my qualifications, but truly the team I met with was aloof and seemed uncaring. Work better to make candidates feel valued, even if the fit/timing isn't right this time around. Based on interviewing at 10+ companies in the last year - strangest experience with a company so far, but given the other glassdoor reviews, not sure where this company is heading with their people strategy.

Customer Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

Well from my understanding its start with the application and then taking two online assessment test if you have been invited for it.

Afterwards if they will move forward with you, they will invite you to have a skype interview with an HR rep. That's how far I got in the interview process. They ended up going with an employee referral which was a bummer but nevertheless the interview process i had was pleasant. And the HR did tell me the next step, if I would continue with hiring process, would be meeting the Director of Operations and having a tour of the office

Interview Questions

• Asked you questions about your background in customer service and interest in where you want to go in the future   Answer Question

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean.

Interview

First, you're sent an IQ test. If you pass or do well, you have a Skype interview with a recruiter who asks you basic questions about yourself, and then you take the exam again in front of them so they can verify results.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions about each of your projects on your resume. Make sure you can answer anything about them.   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY (US)) in March 2015.

Interview

They asked me to come for an interview in person, I was received by the team manager, who gave me an introduction to the company in addition to the role. We had a conversation about my experience and what I could bring to the team. The second interview was with another team member and we had more or less the same dynamic.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

After they reviewed my resume, they had me take an initial IQ and personality test. At first I was concerned but it ended up being simple and quick to complete. Once I finished it I received an email a day or two later from Brandi, the HR recruiter who worked with me, to schedule a Skype interview. I took a second IQ test which was also quick and the interview covered the questions that ensured I was right for the position.
    Then I had an interview with the Manager, who I would report to, and the Director of the Department. For this, I came into the Chicago office to view the workplace and meet the recruiter in person. Since the manager was in California and director in New York I had a GoToMeeting interview with each of them for about a half hour.
    My last interview was over the phone and was with the Manager of Client Services, who works with my department often. This felt less as a right for the position interview and more of a right for the company interview. It was an open discussion to ensure I was a good fit and this I felt was what cinched my offer.

TL;DR Overall the interview process was excellent as they asked the right questions to make sure I was not only able to perform the job but also a good fit for the organization. While the IQ/Personality test may be off-putting it should not deter any candidates.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me a time that you handled a difficult situation?   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (Chicago, IL (US)) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied through Linkedin and the recruiter reached out then ghosted for a couple of weeks then came back. It was super strange and they make you take all of these behavioral exams including one where you have to be on Skype and answer the exam while the recruiter is in the background. It seemed like a lot before an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions. Tell me about a time when...   Answer Question

Business Intelligence Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Mediaocean in August 2016.

Interview

I must say I'm quite shocked by the way MediaOcean handled the process. I applied to a position and got an email the next day asking me to take two online tests within the next five days prior to anything else. I mean, no phone call before to have a further understanding about the job, no more description of the company or anything. It's the first time in my career that I'm asked to take an online test right away like that.

I should have run away but the tests were supposed to take 30 minutes and I got curious, so I took them. Two days later, I receive the prewritten email telling me that they were going to pursue with other candidates. That's it. No other reason, nothing. Well, they did state in their test that they would not share the results of your tests with you..

So basically, they ask you to allow time for them but won't spend a minute on you. When a company does that, you should run away. It shows shat type of company it is and how they would treat their employees.

Interview Questions

• Not given a chance to answer any question. One behavioral test and one mathematical (simple questions) one   Answer Question

Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mediaocean (New York, NY (US)) in May 2012.

Interview

Very meticulous and very fair. The interviewer was very nice and helpful. First had a phone interview and then a week later I met with the hiring manager. After a about two weeks I finally got to sit down with the VP of support who is amazing. The interview went well and a week later I finally received an offer.