Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated 25 May 2018

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied online on website and got an email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was with HR and was quite short and straight to the point. He asked if I was able to commit at least 2 years. After the phone screening an in-person interview was scheduled. In- person interview was with someone from HR and was about 15 minutes. They were going to let you know if you got the job a week later.

Interview Questions

• What are your future plans? Name a situation where you showed leadership. Name an instance where you were stressed and how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied for the job online. Got a call from a recruiter. There were multiple position available the positionI applied for did not list two or more year requirement. But when the recruiter asked me this question and he told me it was a requirement and that he could not proceed with me as an applicant.

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from HR two days later to schedule an in-person interview. Went in for the interview and met with HR, I was asked lot of behavioral questions. She liked my answers so I moved to the second part of the interview where I meet with the hiring managers. They asked me a bunch of questions. The entire process was all done in 1 day. Took about 2 hours.

Interview Questions

• What can you see yourself contributing to this department. When have you gone above and beyond for a patient. How did you solve an issue in the work place.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

The phone interviewer was very nice and friendly. Make sure you have your personal questions that you'd like to ask. Series of different interviews to be expected. Overall the interview went well. It is a great company to want to work for.

New Grad Registered Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in April 2018.

Interview

The interview was a miserable experience. I was asked a lot of questions about conflict within teams and between friends. I was also asked the same question in different ways. I have never left an interview feeling badly but this interview made me question everything. I was told that the interviewers must stay true to their process and that I would hear back in two weeks once they had reviewed all applicants. The same day as my interview I was asked to come back for a second interview. I still felt very uneasy from the nature of interview and so I spoke to a mentor of mine about the question style and she explained to me that it may be very concerning that I was asked those types of questions because it could mean that conflict or nurse bullying is an issue on that floor. I am hoping that is not the case because I wouldn’t want to work in that type of environment.

Interview Questions

• Being in a situation with drama and how it was resolved   Answer Question
    • Having to work in a team with a difficult situation   Answer Question
    • Negative feedback from a friend and how you learned from it   Answer Question

Session Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

Was first contacted by a talent recruiter. She asked if I would be available the following day for a brief introductory phone interview. At the end of this interview, she suggested that we move forward to second rounds with a virtual video interview the following day. A week later I was contacted that I had been invited for a final round interview in person with both the talent recruiter and the department managers.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were working on a team and you disagreed with your team workers. How did you approach it?

Name a time when you went above and beyond for a patient?

Why MSK?

Why this role?

What do you know about MSK?   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in April 2018.

Interview

I feel like I was juggled around and gipped a little bit. I applied for a position for a particular lab and got through two rounds of interviews out of the three - four that happen if all goes well. I was asked to pick a date and time to interview for this lab, and it was never confirmed, so I unfortunately wasn’t able to meet with the team, and the position was given to someone else. Not to fret I thought, the clinical supervisor was kind enough to recommend I apply for a position that just popped up while in limbo. She said she thought my credentials better matched and I may have a better chance. I accepted, and interviewed for it. The third interview for this other lab was 2 hours with meeting four different team members and answering pretty redundant questions (it did get tiring). The first two ladies I met with were very nice and the interview was more conversational and chatty. Next interview with the next batch of ladies was pretty neutral.

The interview process is a bit lengthy, and it will soak up some of your time. Personally, I do not know what this specific department looks for in a candidate. It’s hard to tell seeming that my credentials and interests didn’t align with the first lab I applied for, and even with the other recommended position, I still wasn’t a match. I was emailed by a member I never even interviewed with, but I asked for feedback anyway, so I guess we will see if anything of value will come out of that.

I don’t really see myself applying here again.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

I was first contacted by someone in HR who I spoke on the phone briefly with. I then went to HR and met with them in person, before meeting with a Supervisor and Manager in the department. The final interview was with the Doctor. Each interview lasted about 30 minutes.

RSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

It was very thorough from the phone call to the sit down interview with the talent acquisition specialist in HR to the hiring manager. In later years and higher positions, I also had to interview with the MD in the department I was applying to. Overall experience was pleasant.

Interview Questions

• Can I give them 2 years?   1 Answer
    • What do I plan to do in 5 years time.   1 Answer

Laboratory Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was contacted by HR and scheduled for two interviews. I thought they went very well. It was not my first interview with MSK and I always make it to the last two candidates but they offer the other one always for a simple reason. They don't hire anyone from outside the institute but they move people around especially for managerial positions. I was informed that they offered another candidate but they offered me a lab supervisor instead. It was strange because I met with the lab supervisor until I realized she was the one who took the position. I did not accept the offer. In summery and as I said before, they do NOT hire people from outside the institute, they move their employees around. I agree that their services are great but when it comes to management they need to update their system and hire new skilled people who can bring new ideas to MSK.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.