Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Find your next job here

Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated 19 Feb 2018

Clinical Nurse Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

This was one of the least professional and rudest interview experience I have ever had. A week after submitting my resume, I received an e-mail about a phone interview. The first question I was asked was why I wanted to leave my current job. Before I had the chance to explain that I was relocating for personal reasons, the HR interviewer cut in and said, "you know if you burn bridges at your current job, they may never hire you again." I though this was an extremely judgmental comment, and very hindering in the progression of the conversation. Furthermore, I felt the interviewer did not have much experience with healthcare. He made illogical assumptions based on my resume, and was very unresponsive when I tried to clarify. I am hesitant to reapply to an organization whose HR department is so hostile.

Registered Nurse, BSN Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with someone from the HR department. Next step was a face interview (on a different date) with the nurse leader of the specific department I applied for.

Session Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

2 interviews, one with talent acquisition specialist, the other with clinical care managers. STUDY UP ON BEHAVIORAL QUESTIONS/STAR SCENARIOS. Overall process took two weeks. One annoying thing is that they make you submit 5 references after the fact. A little bit too meticulous.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you worked with a team and they had a different work style than you had.   Answer Question

Session Assistant I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Basking Ridge, NJ (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (Basking Ridge, NJ (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

I interviewed to be a Physician Office Assistant and they liked me so much but moved on with someone else, so they decided to offer me another position as a Session Assistant I! This actually turned out to be better than what I wanted so I think this will be great :D

Interview Questions

• Can you name a time when you were flexible at work? Something that came out of nowhere and you had to handle it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview

Interview

MSKCC requires you to provide 5 references - including your current manager - and then sends them a long online survey to rate your skills and abilities. They don't think this is excessive and don't care that this could get you fired from your existing job. Their whole recruiting process is just so demeaning and dismissive. Everything from the slow response times to the non-negotiable low ball offers proves this. I got so sick of the abuse that I withdrew.

MSKCC regularly sends me solicitations for donations. They even run a fundraiser at my gym. My experience with MSKCC has been so negative - I would dissuade anyone from donating to them, applying for work with them, or seeking care there. How you treat job applicants reflects how you treat employees. How you treat employees reflects how you treat customers. And MSKCC suffers from a terminal case of hubris.

Interview Questions

• We need you to provide 5 references, including your current supervisor, and they have to complete an online survey rating your skills.   Answer Question

Office Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

It was supposed to be a 15 minute interview that was scheduled. The interviewer called five minuets late and only interviewed for eight minutes. I couldn’t even understand the name she gave. I feel the late call and not understanding set a bad tone for the interview

Research Study Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Applied. 2-3 weeks later got an email about a phone screen that would take place in 1 week. Phone screen was basic. 3 days later got a call about an interview in 2 weeks. Interview was supposed to be with a coordinator but the HR guy interviewed me instead. It was fine but he rushed me and didn't seem interested in me at all. After multiple emails trying to get feedback or some type of response, I got a rejection THREE WEEKS LATER.

Process is too long for the benefits of the position. I wouldn't do it again at all. They need to learn to value other people's time as well. I would go for another position for sure that pays more and has a reason to spend weeks and weeks of wishful thinking. Maybe it was just my experience but I read a lot of other similar reviews and I am not a bad interviewer and have a lot of experience as well (not to brag or anything) just wanna give you perspective

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral stuff. They didn't even look at me when I answered just typed away like a robot.   Answer Question

Research Study Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I dont think I applied to this position at all but rather they found me through LinkedIn or some other job boards I put my resume on. First a talent acquisition specialist contacted me through email to set up an initial phone screen. After this, I was then called by the same person for a phone interview. About 2 weeks later, when I thought they werent interested in me, I got another call from the same talent acquisition specialist for another phone screen and scheduling an in person interview. Finally after another week, I met with the talent acquisition specialist and interview lasted about 15 min. If you pass him, he sends you to another department that same day to meet 4 clinical research managers (CRMs) on the 66th st department. I was luckily only interviewed by 2 managers since the other 2 managers were off duty for the holidays. This interview was intense and it lasted about 1 hour with rigorous behavioral and past experience questions. If you pass them, they send you a link for 5 references from your current or present supervisors to be completed. When this was done, I was contacted by one of the CRMs to meet with 4 principal investigators (PIs) and the research program manager (RPM) on another day. I went for 5 interviews in one day and met with all the PIs and the RPM who were very nice and seemed very interested in my past research experiences. They just wanted to get to know me and put a face to my resume. Within 2 days, I was again contacted by the same CRM to meet with the interim service chief for a final round of interview. Same as the PIs, this PI wanted to get to know me and put a face to my resume. The very next day, I was contacted by the same talent acquisition specialist with an offer to work. I accepted and am waiting to start on Jan 15th. Altogether, I took 8 interviews in 2 weeks. In my opinion the CRM who helped me get familiar with MSK was the best! I genuinely felt that he wanted me to get the job and even gave me helpful tips. Everyone who interviewed me were super nice and very open-minded. I think if you have past experience in research, passing these interviews wont be so hard. And even if you dont, try to connect your past experiences with things related to research and definitely research about all the people who interview you. Overall, I found the interview process to be long but very helpful because you meet and get to know all the people who you will work with if you are given an offer.

Interview Questions

• - Why work for MSK? What drew you here?
      - In your past jobs, have you ever faced a situation when you couldnt complete or reach deadlines? What did you do then?
      - If we contacted your past supervisors/professors, what are 3 things they would describe you as?
      Most behavioral questions   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

I submitted a resume and cover letter, and was invited to interview over Skype. I interviewed with two people at the same time. They were really nice and answered all the questions I had. They asked basic personality questions as well as behavioral questions. There were a lot of questions regarding experience working in teams.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when there was an issue working in a group, and discuss how you resolved the issue.   Answer Question

Patient Care Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position the day it was posted on the website. I interviewed for the same position at another location but was told they wanted to go with internal applicants. So I was then set up for another interview 2 days later. I was nervous but confident. The Nurse Manager i interviewed with was pleasant and very informative. She allowed me to speak on my experience and gave me insight as to what i would be doing on a day to day basis. After my interview she set me up to receive a tour of the floor i would work on and i had the opportunity to meet other PCT's, doctors and some nurses. It was quite the experience! I spent about 3 hours there. The culture is definitely welcoming, professional and i was very comfortable. I got an email the next day to give them 5 references. Lastly i just recieved my job offer email! I am so excited and truly happy. Words can not describe how i feel. To all job seekers one thing ive learned is to be prepared. Learn as much as you can about the company. Be confident be prepared come ready to show why you are the best candidate. I can not wait to begin my successful employee journey at MSKCC!! Good luck to everyone applying!!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about a position I've held in the past and how it relates to this current position.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.