Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Memorial Sloan Kettering Interview Questions

Updated 12 Aug 2018

Patient Access Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

Quick questions about your thoughts on hospital service and dealing with cancer patients. Was probably no more than 15 minutes or so. Was very rigid and felt robotic. A face to face interview would've made more sense for

Patient Care Advocate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview and was then given an invite to come in for an interview. The entire interview took about 15 minutes. I was then sent to interview with a hiring manager at another site.

Interview Questions

• What have you done to better yourself within the last year?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in December 2015.

Interview

I met with the Head of the units I would support, who spoke to me at length about my experience and the job duties. There was emphasis on understanding my contribution to the success of the team in delivering patient care. Including my ability and willingness to show up, when I am expected to. I toured the unit(s), met the staff, shared some moving encounters, ended the visit. Got an emailed offer.

Interview Questions

• The most unexpected question was: How (transportation route) will you get to work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position the day it was posted on the website. I interviewed for the same position at another location but was told they wanted to go with internal applicants. So I was then set up for another interview 2 days later. I was nervous but confident. The Nurse Manager i interviewed with was pleasant and very informative. She allowed me to speak on my experience and gave me insight as to what i would be doing on a day to day basis. After my interview she set me up to receive a tour of the floor i would work on and i had the opportunity to meet other PCT's, doctors and some nurses. It was quite the experience! I spent about 3 hours there. The culture is definitely welcoming, professional and i was very comfortable. I got an email the next day to give them 5 references. Lastly i just recieved my job offer email! I am so excited and truly happy. Words can not describe how i feel. To all job seekers one thing ive learned is to be prepared. Learn as much as you can about the company. Be confident be prepared come ready to show why you are the best candidate. I can not wait to begin my successful employee journey at MSKCC!! Good luck to everyone applying!!

Interview Questions

• I was asked to talk about a position I've held in the past and how it relates to this current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in May 2016.

Interview

1st you meet with a HR rep, there they will ask you a series of questions, once they get the feel of you, they will tell you what positions are available with start time, salaries ect. You have the choice to pick & choose, once you choose a position, they will email the department head, the department will email HR back with dates & times, I chose the 1st earliest date and time, the interview was quick and satisfying (maybe 15 minutes the most) I was confident that I got the job, when I arrived home, an hour later my phone started ringing, it was my HR rep, and on the other end of the phone, she uttered the most beautiful words of "You wowed them!" "You got the job!"

Interview Questions

• What is your strong point? How will you utilize it here if you are hired?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. Be prepared to discuss PI and project management experience. Some clinical knowledge is ideal, but not a requirement. Be able to talk about how you interact with physicians, leaders, and how you may manage multidisciplinary teams. First round with department administrator, second and third with department managers.

POA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering in January 2017.

Interview

short and easy. the interviewer was friendly and did not ask many difficult questions. they were easygoing and open to the answers i was going. the interviewer was quite conversational

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I got a 2 phone interviews. First phone interview is ask some questions based on my resume. The second one is done by asking some basic questions based on algorithm and other programming questions.

Lab Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering.

Interview

Intrviewed first with HR then manager and directors. Very organized process. Took one day.HR calleed me few days later with an offer. Negotiated. Then got the rest of the info through email and had to go back to Hr just one more time

Lab Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Memorial Sloan Kettering (New York, NY (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

I skipped the HR interview and met with lab manager, few postdoc, senior technician. Asking my background and if I had any experience doing animal work. Talk about their research. Just basic general questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any experience regarding animal work?

Prepare questions to ask them!!!   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with our research interest?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.