Mercer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Mercer Interview Questions

Interviews at Mercer

2.9

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in July 2018.

Interview

Emailed a recruiter through a personal reference and was scheduled for a phone screen within a few days. Phone screen was conversational and basic with the hiring manager. 2 hours later I got a call for an in-person interview. They booked a flight and flew me out a week and a half later. In person, I had 4 rounds of interviews with 2 people each. Behavioral questions and some scenario questions regarding data.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself but don't mention anything on your resume.   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Interview

3 interviewers asking you similar questions. They mainly asked about my resume and then proceeded to ask behavioral questions. They also asked/tested my knowledge and understanding of the health industry and of Mercer's services.

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

First round was on campus with two managers. Very laid back behavioral interview. Second round was in office with 3 rounds of 2 managers each (6 total) and a final wrap up interview.
    Received job offer the following week.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had no exposure to a problem, and how did you go about solving it?   Answer Question

Consulting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Denver, CO (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied via my university's career website. I was then given an on campus interview. The interview was relaxed and the interviewer was very friendly. I didn't hear back from them for about a month. After this point I received another interview with a second interviewer in their main offices. It was very friendly and short. I received an offer for the position a few days later.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   2 Answers
    • What do you look for in a company when applying for jobs?   2 Answers

Mercer Response

17 Dec 2015 – Global Head of Talent Acquisition

I am happy to hear that you had a good experience. I would hope in the future we could tighten the process a bit. A month without hearing anything? Yikes!

Consulting Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer in October 2015.

Interview

had an on campus interview at my college and a week later interviewed in the office. a couple days later got an email from a recruiter saying i was going to get an offer. then heard nothing for about a month and a half. Had to call the recruiter for her to tell me there was no offer and they messed up how many positions there would be and she made me feel dumb for calling her.

Consulting Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Mercer.

Interview

I went through the first round of interviews. It was a 45 minute long interview and was mostly technical questions, which threw me off guard.

Interview Questions

• Asked me to name a current issue in the consulting world, which I was not expecting and could not provide an answer.   1 Answer

Pension Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vernon Hills, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Mercer (Vernon Hills, IL (US)) in August 2018.

Interview

I actually work at the company as a contractor. I had previously met up with the Manager of the department and she had already liked me and I liked her as well. There was obviously a connection between us. I also did a Video interview as well. Most of the questions were behavioral questions

Interview Questions

• How does your skills you have match the position that you have applied for   Answer Question

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who thought that I might be a good fit for the role. There was a phone screening process as well as an in-person interview. The in-person interview consisted of meeting with three groups.

Interview Questions

• They asked me about my previous experiences and why I was interested in the available role.   Answer Question

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Mercer (Dallas, TX (US)) in November 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty easy. I was asked to tell them about myself and why I think Mercer will be a good fit for me. The interview lasted for about 20 minutes and it was the only interview.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult question, neither was there anything unexpected. The Managers who interviewed me spent most of the time speaking about their experiences in the company so I didn't have to talk much.   Answer Question

I inquired about the work culture from some people working there presently after my interview and realize that it is not the best for me,

Pension Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Milwaukee, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Mercer (Milwaukee, WI (US)) in January 2011.

Interview

I had 2 interviews at Mercer in two different locations setup by a Mercer recruiter from their HR dept. My first interview was about 6 hours which included lunch. My second interview was with a senior leader. I worked at Mercer prior as an analyst and moved on to lead a few teams at 2 other organizations. I had actually applied for a manager position, but they said they wanted to have me possibly come in as an analyst first (which was okay for me). It was a step down, but I was not wiling to negotiate pay. Ultimately, I did not get the job and was not given any follow up. I'm fairly certain they did not get approval from a budget perspective because I actually knew half the people I interviewed with including the senior leader I met with for my second interview. The last step they said was to get budget approval which they say they had a verbal on, but who knows.

Interview Questions

• The questions were typical interview questions based on subject matter, personality, experience, etc. I felt very comfortable answering any and all questions. They had other analysts come in to ask me if I had remembered this or that subject of pension, but they were just pulled in to get more buy in (I could tell they were not the most equipped at handling interviews).   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.