Microsoft Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Microsoft

9,396 Interview Reviews

3.1

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I got a referral from a friend and got contacted for a phone screen. I was asked a LC easy question and a few follow-ups. Passed that and was invited to an on-site (virtual).
    There were 4 on-site interviews. 3 technical, 1 behavioral. In the technical ones, I was asked one LC easy, one medium and one non-LC medium level. The interviewers were very friendly and helped me when I got stuck.

I don't think I did amazing, just well enough. I tried to make a connection with each interview and talk to them as if they were my coworkers.

Got an offer 1 week after on-site. The whole process took about 1 month.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your favorite or the most challenging project you worked on   8 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

First-round. Contacted by a recruiter. Had a coding question to solve in 45 min.
    Along with explanation. First, introduce yourself and then started with the experience and projects and finally the coding question.

Interview Questions

• Coding question asked was Spiral Matrix- Leetcode medium   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Microsoft (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Very well managed interview in Seattle. Helped me improve as a developer. Stay at the hotel was really nice and the lobby was great. The interviewers were stern faced at first but after going back home I realized they were trying to help me.

Summer Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Campus Interview:

A couple simple coding questions and a design question. On of the coding questions was Determine if there are duplicate characters in a string and analyze the run time of your code. The other one was just a simple for loop.

Interview Questions

• Determine if there are duplicate characters in a string and analyze the run time of your code.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

I applied for the position at Microsoft's career website. The recruiter reached out to me and scheduled the initial screening round.
    1) Round 1: Phone interview (30mins)
    Asked about my job background
    Solved a string problem in 15mins

2)Virtual Round of interviews(3 interviews)
    I got a response from recruiter within few days saying the team is interested in interviewing you further.
    This was scheduled for 23rd July. I got an email from recruiter on 20th saying they have cancelling my interview as team has elected to move forward with another candidate.
    This is very weird situation and I feel is not appropriate for the team to make a decision on your capability even without the interview.

Interview Questions

• String manipulation question Easy level question.
      Signed the non-disclosure so can't be specific   Answer Question

/Brand Ambassador Interview

Interview

it was very comprehensive. Make sure you know the ins and outs about microsoft. I made small talk with the interviewer by bringing up how microsoft’s stock was doing at the time.

Interview Questions

• What do you bring to the table   1 Answer

Finance FRP Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

Good experience! The interviewer on the phone was very strict, but asked typical behavioral questions. Didn’t get too technical in the first round. Didn’t get a superday but that must be because I didn’t know too much about FRP programs.

Electrical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Microsoft.

Interview

submitted online application, the resume screening team reached out after two weeks to for phone call about my background experience. the meeting was set and a recruiter called with what sounds like ready questions or checklist

Interview Questions

• mainly about the job description and requirements. No behavioral questions mostly question like :
      - do you have 2 years or experience on this role? tell me about it !
       - tell me about a experience with electrical circuits and components ?   Answer Question

Web Developer Interview

Interview

Got a call from the recruiter. Gave the initial phone call. And later was called onsite. The interview was difficult. There were 6 rounds of the interview process, including whiteboard coding.

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Interview

First round, white board. The interviewer asked me to stop talking and just write my code on the white board so I was a little discouraged then. I was recommended to go to final round, but I wasn't actually selected, or something went wrong on their end.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.