Morgan Stanley Equity Research Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Morgan Stanley Equity Research Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.2

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Interview

I applied in August 2019 and got my Hirevue soon after. Questions were pretty standard and could be looked up on WSO and I thought I did well. Got my rejection around 2 months after.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Morgan Stanley

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)) in September 2019.

Interview

Standard 3-step interview process. Hireview, phone call and super day. The first two segments of the process were quite straight forward, while the final segment was rather difficult. Very fast-paced.

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley in January 2016.

Interview

There were 3 rounds of phone interviews, the first 2 rounds (1 interviewer, 20-30 mins) were mostly behavioral questions, the final round (3 interviewers, 30 mins each) was a combination of behavioral questions and technical questions such as financial ratios, stock pitch and pricing question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brisbane

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Brisbane).

Interview

1 phone interview with the Hr manager, 1 face to face over Skype with the to be boss and 1 excel test which was projecting 3 way financial statements 3 years into the future. I completed both interviews well then failed on the excel test as my skills were not up to scratch.

Interview Questions

• What stock would I invest in and why   1 Answer

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

The interview was conducted with 2 associates. There are 2 phone interview rounds and then there is the AC. Usually they reply within 2 weeks after phone interview and letting you know if you are being progressed to next stage.

Interview Questions

• • Why Morgan Stanley? Why Equity Research?
      • Questions on the current news on the market
      • Pitch a stock
      • Talk about a time that was very intensive
      • How do you work in teams? Have you had experiences where other teammates didn’t agree with you?
      • CV screening questions
      • What makes a good equity research report?
      • What are the latest innovations in ER?
      • Difference between EV and Equity Value?
      • Walk me through main valuation models
      • What is fundamental analysis?   Answer Question

Equity Research Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online, advanced to the telephone interview. Know your accounting and valuation metrics, they asked a lot of questions about different market sector valuations, business models, industries with pricing power, QE, etc.
    The Assessment Centre is a nice experience, be well prepared for the strange competency based questions (eg how would you increase the transparency at MS) and the case study of a stock presentation. Be confident and tell a interesting equity story.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.