Morgan Stanley Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Morgan Stanley Interview Questions

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

4,053 Interview Reviews

3.1

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Easier interview process than I expected, mostly personality, etc questions. A few slightly weird questions asking about what I thought they did and thought I would be doing as an intern but overall a straightforward process that went well.

Interview Questions

• What are the kinds of things you think you would be doing here?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst IBD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

Went through the first round of hirevue questions. was very quick and straightforward but you definitely need to put some work in beforehand to make sure you sound like you know what you're taking about

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a recent transaction that interested you and why
      Whats a time there was a problem in your group and how did you solve it   Answer Question

Interview

First there is a Hirevue, a digitial interview. Then there is a Phone Call, with a representitive of a firm. Finally, at least before COVID, there is a Superday in the New York City office where you go around and talk to a variety of higher level employees.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

HireVue sent immediately after submitting. 3 questions: 1 about the division, 1 about MS's values, and 1 market's related question. Had some technical difficulties during the HireVue, and I notified the recruiter (but I never heard back from them)

Senior Web Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Recruiter from MS had called me for the opening and schedule telephonic discussion. It was onsite interview someone from HK had called me for discussion. Answered all the questions correctly and most of the questions were not standard technical based , it was very basic looks like interviewer dont have much potential in that skill. After the interview i got immediate rejection mail.so what i understood is some lazy people they don't want the people who has much potential technical knowledge because they have to retain their seat in MS and never allow new talents or techie.Its totally waste of my time. Its all depends upon the interviewer choice to select or reject irrespective of your knowledge.if right interviewer then hopefully things will be move correct direction.

Sophomore Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley.

Interview

After you submit the application, you will be notified to take hirevue within 48 hours. I have two questions in total. You have 1.5 mins to answer each of them, After that you are going to complete three separate online assessment.

Interview Questions

• What’s a recent transaction that you’re interested in?
      What’s a time you saw something wrong in a team/project/activity you were doing? How did you react? What did you do?   Answer Question

Financial Advisor Associate Interview

Interview

Applied online, next I was asked to complete a series of online assessments and recorded scenarios before a phone call with an interviewer. Didn’t hear back from Morgan Stanley afterwards

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Baltimore, MD (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

Started off with an introductory call asking about my motivations to apply for this position and was followed by a first round interview where I was interviewed by four different people.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Morgan Stanley?
      Tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Associate Wealth Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Seattle, WA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

The entire process it composed of 6 phases. There is an initial screening for applicants which simply tests cognitive/critical thinking skills. The later phases include a video interview and a secondary interview over the phone.

Interview Questions

• What to do when a client is making a hasty decision when you know it may be a poor financial decision?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied on their website to a role simply titled "Intern". It turns out that this internship is specifically for the Wealth Management division (not listed on the website for some reason). I was contacted by a Wealth Manager through the phone and invited to an in-person interview.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you faced rejection and how you responded.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.