Morgan Stanley Interview Questions in Mumbai, India | Glassdoor.com.au

Interviews at Morgan Stanley

3.4

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in May 2020.

Interview

The interview consisted of 3 to 4 rounds, depending on the recruiter.
    The rounds would be similar to the following:
    - Java basics and advanced level telephonic round
    - Pair programming via zoom call
    - System design questions
    - Problem solving based for a particular scenario

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in May 2020.

Interview

3 technical rounds followed by 1 pro-fit round and 1 HR round. All the interviewers were very friendly and the discussions went very well. I got extremely impressed in the pro-fit round as the interviewer (ED of the company) focussed mainly on my experience in the different rounds and made me feel very comfortable by answering all the queries I had. HR interview went well and HR opened the gates for a healthy discussion.

Interview Questions

• Data warehousing, SQL, Informatica, Solution designing, UNIX   Answer Question

Senior Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in April 2020.

Interview

I had this Zoom video call with some stupid Mogan Stanley person. During video discussions both the parties need to switch on the webcam showing their faces, but this stupid kept his webcam off. And this person himself was not technically competent that's why I think he didn't show his face. And I think here also people just say 'Yes' or 'No' without proper feedback, so such people might be hiring junk. And these people don't like to hire others who are more capable themselves. This way these people try to keep their job security with no proper talent.

Interview Questions

• Core Java questions & this person was also not aware about the immutability concept properly except what is given on internet. I had to teach him the immutability of class & object, else for this person both are same.   4 Answers

SDEI Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in October 2019.

Interview

The interviewer was friendly enough and was ready to help you during the interview. He asked questions mainly from the projects and System Design (oops concepts). There was an Online test which contained both Aptitude and Coding questions. The level of the online test was easy but interviews were difficult.

TechnologyProgram Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in October 2019.

Interview

It was an on-campus hiring.
    First, there was online test that was held in our college itself. In this test, there were three sections:
    1. Debugging - 7 questions in 20 minutes
    2. Aptitude - 10 questions in 20 minutes
    3. Coding Round - 3 questions in 60 minutes
    After this round, 19 students were selected for the onsite interview that was held at their Goregaon office in Mumbai.
    In this, there were 2 rounds:
    1. Technical round, that was for around 45 mins - 1 hr
    2. HR Round, for around 10 - 15 mins

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found that a team member of yours has been sharing proprietary material(like program code) to someone outside Morgan Stanley?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

First round was the written test followed by 3 Technical Personal interview

Written consisted of 10 Java MCQ's and 2 java problems and 1 sql queries

Thereafter, Managerial Rounds, HR Rounds, Executive Director Rounds

Interview Questions

• Mostly related to DS, Problem Solving & Designing, SQL( 2 queries max)   Answer Question

AML and Sanctions Screening Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in September 2019.

Interview

Very slow recruitment procedure, so many rounds with lot of gap between one and another. They take one round and the another round is scheduled after several weeks. However the interview experience was good, very professional people. But it takes several weeks to ever hear a no at the end and sometimes they dont even bother to say that you are not selected.

Senior Test Automation Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

Had in all 6 rounds
    3 Technical rounds
    1 VP round
    1 Director round
    1 Hiring Manager round

The technical, VP and MD rounds were conducted on the same day and had consumed 4-5 hrs. Only the Hiring Manager round by an onsite interviewer was scheduled for a later date (after almost a week) as per common time slot for both the individuals.

All sorts of technical questions related were asked and all the rounds went smoothly. The feedback had been very positive for all the rounds and HR was very affirmative.

Even the scheduled round with the Hiring Manager was good and could successfully answer all the questions.

HR did not communicate the feedback of this last telephonic round for a long time.
    Upon consistently trying to ask the HR the feedback for the last round it was communicated that they havent shortlisted yet and decision will take more time.

Again upon contacting HR after few more days, HR conveyed that they have not selected me.
    Upon interrogating more it was told they wanted someone with 'Capital Markets' experience which I did not have.

The job description never had any such requirement when applied for the position. Niether did the staffing team or HR ever communicate so.
    The criteria for the job was changed in the interim (after I had successfully cleared my 5 rounds- 3 technical, 1 VP, 1 MD). Now they only wanted someone with Capital Markets. The HR never informed about this change and was trying to communicate that I have not cleared my last round. Surprisingly, the Hiring Manager who changed the requirement criterion at the end suddenly as per her wish, had not even asked me a single question on Capital Market even to check my basic understanding of the domain.

This came as shock as was not expecting something like this after having cleared all the technical rounds and waited so patiently for the result. Invested a lot of time, effort and energy in the entire process only to be later told that the job criteria has changed. Highly unprofessional!

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

1. Written test based on data structures and complexity
    2. N number of technical rounds (never fixed) again on data structures
    3. HR round for further discussion and salary negotiation

Product Controller Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Morgan Stanley (Mumbai (India)) in May 2019.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews 2 technical and 1 hr .The first round with the manager and the second round with the VP. The technical round had questions related to option Greeks, forwards , futures

Interview Questions

• Derivatives options, forward ,futures , greeks,corporate action   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.