Motley Fool Interview Questions

Updated 30 Jul 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 94 of over 94 interviews

Recruiter4%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

Very laid back, no coding required for SWE internship. 2 rounds, mostly explaining your projects and technical experience. First round was Zoom but the second one is by phone with 2 other engineers. Super slow in replying email.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about your projects, hardship, tech stack, etc
    Answer Question

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The interview process for a PHP engineer role was a breath of fresh air. I had been semi-actively looking for a role for 6 months, and The Motley Fool was in an entirely different league of recruiting. My biggest peeve with technical recruiting is that I often don't feel setup for success. It's like recruiters & interviewers were setting me up to fail this big massive engineering exam. So I was very happy when the Fool recruiter walked through what would be discussed, who would be doing it, and which questions to ask the team to find common ground. Very helpful. At every step of the process I felt like I knew what was happening and when. Many interviews before the Fool it was a surprise who was on the call or what their role was, and surprisingly many times I didn't know when the meetings would be in advance. The majority of tech interviews outside the Fool included rapid-fire questions that test knowledge and not wisdom, and it felt like I was getting quizzed instead of having a dialogue. Teams at the Fool had real conversations with me, and the take-home test gave us plenty to talk about. Most people on the call asked me about something on my resume. Funny enough, it was a tossup if interviewers read my resume at all in previous company interviews! The Fool also reimbursed time for working on a test project, which was great! The interview before the Fool I spent 20 hours on a project without reimbursement, and didn't get any feedback on my submission. That was soul-crushing :-) The recruiting team truly went above and beyond working around my schedule and being a great resource for the process. A++, would interview and accept an offer again.

Interview Questions
  • What are resources you use to stay up to date on PHP/WordPress?

Motley Fool

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool in Jun 2021

Interview

recruiter found me on linkedin. had a phone screen with HR, 1 on 1 with hiring manager, another quick touch point with HR and assignment, lastly a 2 hour panel interview with 30 minute chunks with groups of 2 - 3. some people were in the department I was being interviewed for and others were just part of the larger company with a similar skill set to mine. assignment was paid and very straight forward.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Motley Fool (Colorado Springs, CO) in Jun 2021

Interview

Phone call with a recruiter, then with the manager of the team, followed by an assessment. It was a very long interview process and took place over a month long period.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The first interview was great, but the second interview with the team was just okay. They didn't seem like they wanted to learn about me and my skills, and it felt mostly like they wanted to pick my brain for ideas.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

I was hired through a staffing agency. I completed two separate interviews with managers at Motley Fool. I found the process and questions to be pretty standard. They were friendly and responsive to my questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool (Alexandria, VA)

Interview

I had a great experience with each person I talked to. I felt the interview process was relatively thorough and they were considerate to provide compensation for a project that was part of the interview. However, the process was slow. It took about two months and I had to drop out of the process after being very far along in the interview stages, due to a competing offer. I do think it's a shame that the process moved as slowly as it did; I noted that other interviewee reviewers mentioned 3-4 months being normal, but in a "hot" market for job seekers, this is unfortunately too slow. Overall, it seems like a fantastic place to work, but the recruiting team might need some additional Fools on the team.

Interview Questions
  • What about this job description stood out to you the most? How would you approach xyz scenario? Overall, the interviews were more conversational rather than Q&A.
1 person found this interview helpful

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

The questions were about myself, the way I think, and how I would fit into the company culture. My resume was important, but the fit was the most important part.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Alexandria, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Motley Fool (Alexandria, VA) in Apr 2021

Interview

I did not enjoy my interview process, which was disappointing considering their high employee satisfaction. The process was thorough - I went through 2 rounds plus an extensive take home assessment. They asked when I’d get it back to them and I made sure to return it within 3 days. However, it was a full month before I heard back after taking the take home assessment. By the time I heard back, I’d already accepted and started a new job. Definitely didn’t feel respectful of my time and effort.

Interview Questions
  • What would your current colleagues say about your work ethic?

Motley Fool

Application

I interviewed at Motley Fool

Interview

Very slow and not interesting. I did not enjoy this process at all. Overall a very boring experience. I would rather not work at the Motley Fool after experiencing this interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 94 Interviews