N2 Publishing Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

N2 Publishing Interview Questions

Interviews at N2 Publishing

2.5

Software Support Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at N2 Publishing.

Interview

The first interview was by phone and consisted of basic competency questions. The interviewer was friendly and knowledgable. Later was a face-to face meeting that was more like a "getting to know you" type of interview, mostly evaluating culture.

Interview Questions

• You have an array that can hold 100 numbers, a[0] through a[99]. In that array every number is >= 100 and no values repeat, but there are only 99 numbers. How would you find the number that is missing?   1 Answer

Appointment Setter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Atlanta, GA (US)) in August 2016.

Interview

I was screened by HR person who evaluated whether I would make good Appointment Setter which I think included doing a sample call with a script. Once I passed that, I was referred to the Appointment Setting Trainer for training sessions which were a couple of weeks later. I was given specific materials that would be later used for the job. There were sample calls to review and conference call sessions with other trainees.

Interview Questions

• Had to role play a sample call using a script.   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Pittsburgh, PA (US)) in December 2012.

Interview

I was told the process was a two-step interview. In the first interview, we met at a Panera bread. The interviewer basically just talked about the company and the position. I didn't really get to ask a lot of questions. The second interview was more in depth, but I didn't get asked back for a second interview. I think the first step was just to weed out the dummies. And since I am probably underqualified, I didn't make it to the second interview.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Minneapolis, MN (US)) in August 2011.

Interview

1:1 with neighborhood owner. He was very pleasant and began by telling me Bout the position and what to expect. Told about what he did as well as the concept of the company. Basic overview which helped me to get a clear sense of the company. Then asked questions about my personality and goals, in order to see if I would be a driven individual who could do well without supervision. Interview lasted for about an hour and it was over coffee, which was a relaxed setting.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. It is performance-based pay.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Orlando, FL (US)) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied online and, a few days later, received an e-mail to setup the first phone interview. Very easy interface to do it all, and quick. Then, the date came and I got the call. A very friendly lady interviewed me, asking me to talk about myself and how I fit for the position. After a few minutes talking to her, I mentioned I was a resident and she immediately told me that they only hire US citizens. Odd, if you ask me, but whatever floats their boat.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. How do you see yourself fit for the position?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at N2 Publishing in November 2014.

Interview

This interview process is long and drawn out. The company seems great and the people I met in person were very welcoming but the phone interviews were long and the person I was communicating with seemed to just be speaking from a punchlist of questions every once in a while saying
    "did we hit on this topic yet in our phone conversations?". The only problem I found with this whole process is that you are expected to spend a couple of weeks with phone interviews and then set up travel to their headquarters in Chicago for training that you pay for and then I guess you could begin selling. It is a huge time commitment before you are even trained to see if all that time/money was worth it. I personally don't believe in paying myself for a business trip to a mandatory training class was for me. I was very intrigued with the company though and was sure I could have done very well for them.

Interview Questions

• No questions were difficult at all. Basic interview questions   Answer Question

Too much time without pay and then expected to pay for travel etc for mandatory training out of state.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Oklahoma City, OK (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview lasted 15 minutes. Fortunately I had found out from another post that there was a training seminar in Chicago, IL that is mandatory before going out and doing work. If I had not read this post I would have been sorely surprised. Knowing this fact gave me some confidence. I agreed to another interview with the Market Director, who knows more information about the area I will potentially be working in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your past history?   1 Answer

Account Executive Interview

Application

I interviewed at N2 Publishing in June 2015.

Interview

The first phone interview was getting a lot of information about the position with a few questions about why I was interested in the job and asking to describe myself. The second was more in-depth about myself in relation to the sales position and he gave me fair warning about how the first year would be strictly commission based. He really wanted to get a feel for the type of person I was.

Home Office Employee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at N2 Publishing (Wilmington, NC (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview process focuses on who you are as a person and what you're interested in over your technical skills. The interview process focuses on who you are as a person and what you're interested in over your technical skills.

Area Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at N2 Publishing.

Interview

Applied through LinkedIn for A.D. position in So. Cal. Got pre-screening call, answered few basic questions then was called by an appointment setter the next day. She gave me background information about N2, asked if I'd seen video and products online and set appointment with Sales Director in St. Louis. She wasn't able to answer most of my questions, but said the S.D. would do that. Two days later had first of three interviews with S.D.

1st Interview - Tell me about yourself and complete "personality test"
    2nd Interview - Tell me why you'd be a good fit
    3rd Interview - Tell me about a time when...and job offer, which I declined

Researched company heavily and although it was a tough decision ultimately I passed because 1) the negative reviews are hard to ignore especially when there are no tangibles present. No newsletter to flip through and touch for quality, no face to face meeting with anyone, no brick and mortar, etc. 2) someone posted that N2 over hires to compensate for people quitting and although that wasn't discussed I got that impression. S.D. said at least 2 people would be hired for my city but didn't give maximum number and was hesitant about discussing territory questions. Said only 50% of ADs hired actually get their publications to print. May be good fit for others, but too many variables for me.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.