NVIDIA Interview Questions | Glassdoor.com.au

Updated 14 Jun 2018
1,024 Interview Reviews

3.2

Senior Frontend Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I was interviewed on phone by hiring manager. The interview goes about 30 mins. most of the time asking technique question. At last, the interviewer asks me to give an english self introduction.

Interview Questions

• How to validate a formula's parentheses are correct. Parentheses can be nested.   1 Answer

Interview

Few Email exchanges with Recruiter. After 1 week 1 telephonic followed by another week Face to Face. Then HR round. Overall people was nice on taking and mention each interview person name in advance so you can prepare for interview.

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

Applied online and got a call back after few weeks. Both software and hardware questions are asked. Starting from MUX based logic to Palindrome C program. The interview was easy but not sure why they did not select.

Physical Design Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I received an email from a recruiter about the position. I had two rounds of phone interviews that were very technical. They asked about basic microelectronics, digital logic, and power optimization.

UI Developer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2018.

Interview

One technical Phone screen with Lead Engineer to discuss culture fit and role responsibilites, take home coding challenge, Skype interview with an engineer to discuss coding challenge solution & possibly algorithm test, and an onsite-interview.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at NVIDIA in May 2018.

Interview

Was Phone interview with senior guy from the team I was interviewing for. Started with job description and some techical/design problem I had to solve. Then some bit ops questions. Which I am sure I did right since the interviewer seemed convinced with my explanations. Overall it felt the interview went really well from the guy's responses but then 3 days later recruiter says they won't go ahead. No feedback was shared either after asking.

Interview Questions

• Find number of set bits. Improve the complexity to number of set bits. Any other approach you could think of and which one you would use and when.   Answer Question

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Austin, TX (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

I applied online for a separate Software Engineer position. A week later I get an email from a recruiter saying that the hiring manager for a separate team saw my resume and would like to interview me. The interview lasted about 45 minutes long. He asked general OS and C++/C questions. I answered all of these questions correctly. Then he tells me great job and proceeds to speak about his team and the work that they do. He even asks me which location I would prefer to work. Although I didn't make it far in the interview process, he told me that the process for his team is generally this:

Interview with hiring manager (himself)
    Interview with an engineer on his team (more detailed C/C++ questions, coding problem)
    Onsite

The interview with the manager was fairly positive....it was the events that happened after that lead to my negative experience. I was told by the manager that I should hear back from him in a week. A week goes by and I email the recruiter asking what the status of my application was. I explained to them that I had a competing offer and I had a deadline. She tells me that she will speak with him and the team then get to me......then I never got a response. This same sequence of events happened for 5 weeks. It wasn't until the 5th week that I got an email from a separate recruiter saying that they will not be moving forward.

By far the most unprofessional and aggravating interview experience I've ever had. Sucks too because I would have loved working for this company. I hope that your interview experience with NVIDA is much better than mine.

Interview Questions

• What is malloc in C? What type of problems can arise when using this?

What is virtual memory? Explain it's usage.

Interrupt vs Exception?

What is a mutex? When would you use it?

Difference between a thread and a process?

What is deadlock? Possible ways of fixing this?

Honestly, if you study all of the interview questions for Systems Software Engineer on Glassdoor, you should do very well in the interview. Good luck.   Answer Question

ASIC Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clarita, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA (Santa Clarita, CA (US)) in May 2018.

Interview

Passed two rounds of phone interview. Failed the onsite interview at their Santa Clara office. There are 7 rounds in the onsite interview including a lunch interview and an HR round, lasting for 5 hours.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I asked questions mostly related to the tools I've used and the tools they are using. They like to use Python in their toolchain development but it also depends on the developer's preferences.

Systems Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at NVIDIA.

Interview

I applied online and scheduled a phone interview with one of the engineers from the team. There were couple questions on basic concepts but also a few coding questions. The coding questions used an online text editor where you and the interviewer can co-edit, but the first program I used during this interview was a little glitchy but he had a backup so we were able to finish the interview using another editor.

Interview Questions

• big endian vs little endian   Answer Question
    • from OS/kernel perspective, what happens when a program is executed?   Answer Question
    • difference between thread and process   Answer Question
    • write code that reverses a string (follow up questions that deal with pointers and parameter passing)   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.